The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3220
So yeah, everybody went back to school today. It feels strange not going. This is gonna be a long friggin' year.
Original post by joemullally
I also got 677.5 but that was with no malfunctions (apart from my brain being absent).

My primary malfunction was that I ****ing hate UKCAT.
Original post by Cheddar
Euurgh just finished UKCAT got 677.5 avg which isn't too bad but during my QR, I went to the use the keyboard and it ended my test:eek: I was panicking but apparently I had somehow logged out(I only pressed 1!) and had to call over staff to log back in. I didn't lose anytime luckily but I'm sure it affected my QR because I got a lower score than last year (720).

In regards to your sig:

As if i updated my education info on fb on Thursday to ON MAH GAP YAAAAAH!!!11!1!

Get in.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by laurenl93
My primary malfunction was that I ****ing hate UKCAT.

haha nice.

Don't we all.

But you know, everybody knows that the UKCAT is the most reliable, least variable test on the planet. And it is a good predictor of how much an individual can win at life.
Original post by Braddd
So yeah, everybody went back to school today. It feels strange not going. This is gonna be a long friggin' year.

Agreed! I'm already bored :frown: I'm considering extending my extended project by voluntarily doing more work on it, for absolutely nothing, to keep me from going insane from boredom lol
Original post by Tinth
Snap! :biggrin:
It sounds like there's been a hell of a lot of technical issues this year, or maybe we're just unlucky

Were you attempting to use the keyboard when it happened? I think that's why that happened to me and the adminstrators just told me off:confused:

In regards to your sig:

As if i updated my education info on fb on Thursday to ON MAH GAP YAAAAAH!!!11!1!

Get in.

:awesome:
Any key things that everyone will be doing during their gap year?
haha nice.

Don't we all.

But you know, everybody knows that the UKCAT is the most reliable, least variable test on the planet. And it is a good predictor of how much an individual can win at life.

Pretty sure i saw a quote from the BMA in The Times saying "UKCAT is the best way to find the most efficient, professional, intelligent and jolly nice doctors. It should be the only way applicants are picked in our opinion because after all, nothing tells how good a person would be as a Doctor, treating patients with serious and life threatening diseases, than their ability to look at two pictures of shapes and tell you the difference between them. lol."

:facepalm:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Limesasquatch

Drinking, seeing friends in different areas of England to continue the drinking & working millions of hours to pay for said drinking.

And occasionally doing voluntary work, planning where i wanna travel after march, (hopefully) attending interviews and preparing for them and generally trying not to panic about UCAS. And drink. God i love being from Newcastle.
Pretty sure i saw a quote from the BMA in The Times saying "UKCAT is the best way to find the most efficient, professional, intelligent and jolly nice doctors. It should be the only way applicants are picked in our opinion because after all, nothing tells how good a person would be as a Doctor, treating patients with serious and life threatening diseases, than their ability to look at two pictures of shapes and tell you the difference between them. lol."

:facepalm:

You forgot that anyone who can't crack the enigma code would make useless doctors.
With DA being the precursor to it.

I read that quote.

You heard the new GMC guidelines that all individuals entering medicine with a 900 UKCAT average score are eligible to specialize in all specialties simultaneously?
But if they have their facebook on public they get struck off.
Btw to all who took the UKCAT.
I used the keyboard in my exam for the calculator and it worked allright,
However, I did make sure Num Lock was on.
Don't know if that made a difference to the calculator or just where I was typing the numbers.
Reply 3232
Original post by Cheddar
Were you attempting to use the keyboard when it happened? I think that's why that happened to me and the adminstrators just told me off:confused:

Yes! I was typing using the calculator and an error screen just came up :/
You forgot that anyone who can't crack the enigma code would make useless doctors.
With DA being the precursor to it.

I read that quote.

You heard the new GMC guidelines that all individuals entering medicine with a 900 UKCAT average score are eligible to specialize in all specialties simultaneously?
But if they have their facebook on public they get struck off.

A psychiatrist told me the other day he only got into the specialty as the GMC said anyone who scored >700 on VR would become 'specialty king' and could do any specialty within 1 year due to their amazing ability at knowing when something that a patient said is the truth or if its just false.... or if its hard to tell..

I also heard the public facebook thing, I've heard it's ditto for Twitter.
Are you gonna get a good quality iron ?

I need an Iron.
Ironing will be a big part of my student life . . .
Ugh :mad:

I know what you mean, my mates did that last year, and they're doing it all again.

Even my girlfriend is constantly buying new uni outfits or bags or glasses or whatever.

Sometimes I swear they do it on purpose:cool:

Next year though I'm gonna get uni everything.

Even uni socks.

Lmao. I didn't read the ironing part when you originally quoted me that

I'm taking a **** iron, for days i cant be arsed i intend to leave my clothes under my mattress the night before i intend to wear them...
A psychiatrist told me the other day he only got into the specialty as the GMC said anyone who scored >700 on VR would become 'specialty king' and could do any specialty within 1 year due to their amazing ability at knowing when something that a patient said is the truth or if its just false.... or if its hard to tell..

I also heard the public facebook thing, I've heard it's ditto for Twitter.

How long do you think it will be before people think this is gospel.

Just in case people don't know you now need an A* in Maths A level to apply for medicine, and you must have it by the age of 14.

If you took GCSE maths after the age of six then you will need mitigating circumstances.

Lmao. I didn't read the ironing part when you originally quoted me that

I'm taking a **** iron, for days i cant be arsed i intend to leave my clothes under my mattress the night before i intend to wear them...

I'll probably do that too, well i'll be relying on my floordrobe if i'm ohnset.

If the floor in my accomodation is flat then GET IN.

Also, I want to go somewhere rainy. In case I forget to wash and I can just say it was raining If I was sweating profusely.

In all ohnestly though I probably wont Iron, Will wash (myself and my clothes) and I'll try my best to get self catered because I don't think I could hack not cooking.
I mean like, If I have to be at halls by a certain time to eat I may have other things to get on with like.

I'm actually worried about not getting decent halls as most people will have applied for their accom by the time most of us get offers.
Reply 3236

Drinking, seeing friends in different areas of England to continue the drinking & working millions of hours to pay for said drinking.

Pretty much this!

Although first, I need to find people to drink with...

I hate personal statement writing :frown: I just can't think what to write. Cause what I really want to say is, 'hey admissions peoples, please let me into your university, cause i'll honestly be SUCH a good doctor, and I promise I'll work really hard... And also, I came sixth on TSR for people you'd most want to be your doctor, which therefore means I'd be the best doctor everrrrr. Oh, and I'm really caring and all that shizzzz. kthanxbye'
Original post by twelve
Pretty much this!

I hate personal statement writing :frown: I just can't think what to write. Cause what I really want to say is, 'hey admissions peoples, please let me into your university, cause i'll honestly be SUCH a good doctor, and I promise I'll work really hard... And also, I came sixth on TSR for people you'd most want to be your doctor, which therefore means I'd be the best doctor everrrrr. Oh, and I'm really caring and all that shizzzz. kthanxbye'

this is true, all of us are basically writing the same cliche ****, i think its pretty pointless at the end of the day
How long do you think it will be before people think this is gospel.

Just in case people don't know you now need an A* in Maths A level to apply for medicine, and you must have it by the age of 14.

If you took GCSE maths after the age of six then you will need mitigating circumstances.

I'll probably do that too, well i'll be relying on my floordrobe if i'm ohnset.

If the floor in my accomodation is flat then GET IN.

Also, I want to go somewhere rainy. In case I forget to wash and I can just say it was raining If I was sweating profusely.

In all ohnestly though I probably wont Iron, Will wash (myself and my clothes) and I'll try my best to get self catered because I don't think I could hack not cooking.
I mean like, If I have to be at halls by a certain time to eat I may have other things to get on with like.

I'm actually worried about not getting decent halls as most people will have applied for their accom by the time most of us get offers.

Leicester medical school rejected me for only having an A in maths at AS Level instead of an A*.
St. Andrews rejected me for only taking four A Levels and not six. Waaaaa.

THE ABOVE INFORMATION IS ALL 100% TRUE.

Word on the grapevine is Sheffield will soon only accept applications from people with atleast 900 UKCAT too. Damn I was only 270 off.

Oh i'm not too bothered about accomodation... well thats a lie i am. I want my own toilet, that way on freshers week I can get my moneys worth paying for an ensuite bathroom with all the whiteying i'll be doing in said toilet in the mornings

Self catered is a must for me.. I'm vegetarian (out of choice) and vegan (Out of food intolerance.. other than eggs) as well as being intolerant to yeast. Lol at my ****ed up digestive system. But also I think i could easily save the extra £100 i'd pay for catered accomodation with all the 14p ASDA smart price noodles i'll be consuming
Original post by twelve
Pretty much this!

I think you forgot this: "ALSO I'M WORKING FULL TIME CLEANING BUMS FOR THIS I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT BECAUSE YEAR 12'S CERTAINLY DON'T HAVE TO PUT UP WITH ALL THIS ****".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending