The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2840
Original post by Amy Luo
Oh, i thought it's proper dress for the girls. Do you have any photos for any of these parties?

Just google "formal hall Cambridge". And ignore the hit that shows a scene from HP, that would be cool, but not true.

Original post by Amy Luo
Oh, i thought it's proper dress for the girls. Do you have any photos for any of these parties?

Maybe for different colleges but mine was definitely, white blouse and black skirt. You can wear dresses if you want though. I have photos for halfway hall but not matric and I haven't graduated yet. And since the photos are all of individual friends, I'd need their respective permissions before I could upload them (I was doing a "This is the halfway (subject)" theme)
Reply 2842
Original post by HaouLelouch
has anyone here from St Johns received anything close to a 'fresher's pack' yet? I got a few emails giving me some example sheets/notes from last year (Im doing maths) and about 6 forms to fill in on camtools but I havent been asked anything about accomodation. has anyone (going to St Johns) got anything for accomodation or am I just missing something?

I'm for John's, I haven't either, I rang up and apparently they won't be sending them out until next week :smile: Haven't got a reading list (for English) either though, I don't know if I should have had one by now...
Original post by Kebabbi
I'm for John's, I haven't either, I rang up and apparently they won't be sending them out until next week :smile: Haven't got a reading list (for English) either though, I don't know if I should have had one by now...

did you phone up to ask for the accomodation application or the fresher's pack? or both?

thanks for the reply btw.
Reply 2844
has anyone here from St Johns received anything close to a 'fresher's pack' yet? I got a few emails giving me some example sheets/notes from last year (Im doing maths) and about 6 forms to fill in on camtools but I havent been asked anything about accomodation. has anyone (going to St Johns) got anything for accomodation or am I just missing something?

Hey, all I've had is a 'congratulations' letter, and the same stuff on camtools, no idea about accomodation and I'm going to USA on Monday till the 19th September, so it's kind of a problem :tongue: going to ring them tomorrow! Glad it's not just me
Reply 2845
Wait up, what's all this about camtools?!
Are there fresher events prior to when you go up? I had no idea about this, but one of my friends said something about it. Info anyone :h:
Original post by StarChamber
Are there fresher events prior to when you go up? I had no idea about this, but one of my friends said something about it. Info anyone :h:

There are these:

http://www.alumni.cam.ac.uk/groups/freshers/2011%20UK%20Timetable.pdf

No idea what to expect from these though!
Reply 2848
did you phone up to ask for the accomodation application or the fresher's pack? or both?

thanks for the reply btw.

Both, they said the fresher's pack should be sent next week and accommodation will come later too.

Yeah I was wondering about the 'Freshers Parties' like the regional ones, is anyone actually gong?
Original post by Hypocrism
There are these:

http://www.alumni.cam.ac.uk/groups/freshers/2011%20UK%20Timetable.pdf

No idea what to expect from these though!

Cheers. I don't know what to expect either. Not sure if I will go but is interesting nonetheless :h:

Original post by Kebabbi
Both, they said the fresher's pack should be sent next week and accommodation will come later too.

Yeah I was wondering about the 'Freshers Parties' like the regional ones, is anyone actually gong?

Don't know if I'm going.

Has anyone here been to one. What's it like?
Reply 2850
Original post by dog24
Hey, all I've had is a 'congratulations' letter, and the same stuff on camtools, no idea about accomodation and I'm going to USA on Monday till the 19th September, so it's kind of a problem :tongue: going to ring them tomorrow! Glad it's not just me

If you're going to be at only one address in the US, you could get stuff posted there - change your address with your college :smile:

or get a friend to pick up the stuff, be awesome and scan it all for you and send it to you :biggrin:
Reply 2851
Original post by kpatb
If you're going to be at only one address in the US, you could get stuff posted there - change your address with your college :smile:

or get a friend to pick up the stuff, be awesome and scan it all for you and send it to you :biggrin:

well apparently the online accommodation ballot will be sent my email, so should be able to access it abroad! I will be missing out on whatever else is in the freshers pack though, ah well
Reply 2852
Original post by joe17292
Are you doing physical or biological natsci at Christ's?

Physical :smile:
Why do you ask?
What about yourself?

Accommodation has been a bit all-over-the-place this year, but as someone said, info will be coming out soon. And if you're wanting some more interesting information, I am at this minute putting together the JCR's handbook for you all, which will be uploaded onto CamTools soon :smile:

Check out the forum on the JCR website or the Facebook group if you've got any questions - there are people checking both every day :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2854
Original post by kpatb
Physical :smile:
Why do you ask?
What about yourself?

A friend of mine is going to do biological natsci at Christ's. I'm doing physical at Corpus.
Reply 2855
Original post by SoapyDish
Accommodation has been a bit all-over-the-place this year, but as someone said, info will be coming out soon. And if you're wanting some more interesting information, I am at this minute putting together the JCR's handbook for you all, which will be uploaded onto CamTools soon :smile:

Check out the forum on the JCR website or the Facebook group if you've got any questions - there are people checking both every day :smile:

What is Camtools and how do we get an account?
Original post by oollie
What is Camtools and how do we get an account?

You'll get it freshers week.
Reply 2857
Is here any land economist from clare? :wink:
Heya St John's folks! Everyone else get the accommodation email today? I bet a million ££ I'll be drawn last in the ballot :tongue:

Hope everyone's having a great summer :smile: xo
Reply 2859
Original post by katey_doodles
Heya St John's folks! Everyone else get the accommodation email today? I bet a million ££ I'll be drawn last in the ballot :tongue:

Hope everyone's having a great summer :smile: xo

Aah I haven't had an accommodation email! *panics* Has everyone got one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending