The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6800
Original post by manic_fuzz
Well dooone! :biggrin:

Just started my PS... oh the joys :rolleyes:

Original post by Normandy114
I handed my draft in about a month ago, haven't worked on it at all since :erm:
Gotta work on that as well as my extended project over the next week before school, to at least make it seem like i've been working hard this summer :colone:

I got one draft done before the end of school, got it marked, had a wee bit of work to do on it. Made my changes, then posted it on here and it got absolutely destroyed! :lol:

Sure that's what you want!
Original post by tbag1
I got one draft done before the end of school, got it marked, had a wee bit of work to do on it. Made my changes, then posted it on here and it got absolutely destroyed! :lol:

Was the first sentence about how you burnt a hole in your pyjamas aged 8 with a chemistry set? Or about how ever since you were 4 you always wanted to help people :wink:
So.... I appear to be the only person not started on their personal statement then... things are looking good :cool: :tongue:
Reply 6803
Was the first sentence about how you burnt a hole in your pyjamas aged 8 with a chemistry set? Or about how ever since you were 4 you always wanted to help people :wink:

Haha! No no, it wasn't plagiarised or anything, all original! Just showed me how little my school careers staff know about Med-school applications, because my school thought it was good, yet the people who know what they are talking about on here, think it's fairly average!
Reply 6804
Hey,
Are there any unis who would want 3 science A levels ?
Also should i risk applying to Birmingham with 8 A*'s in GCSE 5 A's . ( MATHS IS AN A) . As results AAAB (MATHS IS A B) ?
I handed my draft in about a month ago, haven't worked on it at all since :erm:
Gotta work on that as well as my extended project over the next week before school, to at least make it seem like i've been working hard this summer :colone:

At least you have a first draft already though :tongue: oooh, i'm so glad i didn't take the EPQ (not that i was ever offered it :K: ) !

Original post by tbag1

I'm looking forward to it :colone: mwahaha

Original post by Quackers93
So.... I appear to be the only person not started on their personal statement then... things are looking good :cool: :tongue:

I've written two sentences :cool:
Original post by rsp
Hey,
Are there any unis who would want 3 science A levels ?
Also should i risk applying to Birmingham with 8 A*'s in GCSE 5 A's . ( MATHS IS AN A) . As results AAAB (MATHS IS A B) ?

I wouldn't risk Birmingham if I were you - the 8 A*s is only the most basic requirement - I think for the 2011 cycle applicants had to have 10 A*s in order to get an interview.

Only some colleges at Oxbridge want 3 science A levels. All other universities (IIRC) are satisfied with 2 sciences + a non-science 3rd.

If you have Biology and Chemistry to A2 (both A grades), then you can virtually apply anywhere.

Best of luck :smile:
Reply 6807
Original post by thegodofgod
I wouldn't risk Birmingham if I were you - the 8 A*s is only the most basic requirement - I think for the 2011 cycle applicants had to have 10 A*s in order to get an interview.

Only some colleges at Oxbridge want 3 science A levels. All other universities (IIRC) are satisfied with 2 sciences + a non-science 3rd.

If you have Biology and Chemistry to A2 (both A grades), then you can virtually apply anywhere.

Best of luck :smile:

Okay, thanks I think you are right and wont risk applying to Birmingham. I am just worried i will do very very bad in UKCAT , which is a week away so thinking of where i could apply. Imperial makes it very unclear if they want a third science A level.
Hi I need some advice. I've got an average of 595 on the UKCAT :frown:

I was wondering where I should apply? So far got Leicester and Leeds, got 5 A, 4 B in GCSE, BCC A-Level, !st in Biomed and Distinction in Masters. Any help appreciated. Thanks
Reply 6809
quick question ( I probs sound like an idiot ) in the Personal Statement are spaces between words counted as character? Thanks :smile:
Reply 6810
Original post by rsp
quick question ( I probs sound like an idiot ) in the Personal Statement are spaces between words counted as character? Thanks :smile:

They are indeed!

I have got into the habit of putting 2 spaces after a full stop (proper typing grammar, apparently!), but I had to refrain in my PS as it was a waste of characters!
Reply 6811
Original post by tbag1
They are indeed!

I have got into the habit of putting 2 spaces after a full stop (proper typing grammar, apparently!), but I had to refrain in my PS as it was a waste of characters!

Okay thanks thats not good news though :frown: even less space than i first thought :frown:
Original post by rsp
Okay thanks thats not good news though :frown: even less space than i first thought :frown:

I feel your pain. Last year in m first draft I had 7,000 odd characters before I was told that spaces counted too :l Don't worry, as you keep going through your ps you'll get used to cutting out the crap and stuff that really isn't needed. Although I wouldn't advise putting say"3" instead of "three" as I nearly got my head bitten off with that one :tongue:
Reply 6813
Original post by Straight up G
Yeah, unfortunately their cut off last year was 2870, and this year will be in excess of 2800. Your score comes to 2520, so it's extremely risky/unlikely to be honest.

How do you know that it will rise?
Reply 6814
wondering if anyone has been to cardiff med school and can tell me what its like?
Original post by Klong167
wondering if anyone has been to cardiff med school and can tell me what its like?

Original post by Klong167

I've never visited there myself, but during work experience i was talking to one of the foundation doctors who went there and he absolutely loved it!

Like seriously, he wouldn't stop going on about how much he recommends Cardiff and what a great time he had there :lol:
has anyone been to bistol medical school and can tell what it's like?
Reply 6818
Thanks :smile: also I know I should know all about it by now but I don't really get what PBL is and what makes it different from other methods? Sorry I'm so slow!
Ukcat - vr 610, qr 730, ar 690, da 810 :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending