The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Official Passfield Hall 2011 Thread!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by :)...
What are the Freshers events going to be? The supposed lack of partying at Passfield, compared to Rosebry/Carr-Saunders is something that's really putting me off.

I don't really want to share either but I'll get over it if there's clubbing, drinking etc.! Do you ever organise events with other halls?

There is no lack of events, Freshers events are not finalised but first night i.e. sunday party in the halls. Committee buys drinks you guys get smashed.

Monday is SU event, Tuesday is a guestlist at a club, still sorting that out (with rosebery and carr-saunders), wednesday is AU night (maybe it might be dif this year cos freshers fare is on thursday so no one would be part of the AU yet), thursday is another halls event. Friday is LSE CRUSH...
Thats just the first weeek...

there are alwasy people who going clubbin all the time at everyhall...

my first year at passfield went literally every day in first term and every other day in second term ( poker nights took over or going to random places )

and second year was every other night (which i need to stop in my final year if i want to get a 2.1 !!!! )

dont let the rumours scare you.... wherever you go you have a good time....

when i applied everyone said ooo go bankside it is amazing, then last year everyone said o it was crap...

but there are always people who go out and if you got a good committee (you got the best at passfield proven by some statistics last year i wont bore you with) then you will have a good time...
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
I'm gonna be at Passfield come September! (well, results permitting :/)
*waves* i've got a single :smile:
i'm really excited, actually, i've been in to have a look around, and it looks nice :smile:
Original post by thebeslaw
Hey can anyone tell me about the 'Silence hours' that are 'in effect from 11.15pm to 7.45am'? Passfield sounds great but that bit sounds a bit like a killjoy :frown:

haha in that case you could swap with me if you have a passfield single. i have a single at rosebery. heard there's a lot of partying going on there
Original post by H.Patel

there are alwasy people who going clubbin all the time at everyhall...

when i applied everyone said ooo go bankside it is amazing, then last year everyone said o it was crap...

but there are always people who go out and if you got a good committee (you got the best at passfield proven by some statistics last year i wont bore you with) then you will have a good time...

How did you get in to LSE if your English is so bad?
Reply 64
Hey I've got a question...say I bring my electric guitar, am I allowed to play it in the hall(of course at a reasonable volume) and do i have to pay fr the electricity the amp eats up?
Reply 65
Original post by midgetNINJA
How did you get in to LSE if your English is so bad?

i am from croydon (that shud xplain alot)
Reply 66
Original post by WeiChin
Hey I've got a question...say I bring my electric guitar, am I allowed to play it in the hall(of course at a reasonable volume) and do i have to pay fr the electricity the amp eats up?

playing it is fine, i think you pay £10 to have a fridge in your room per term, not sure about an amp, bring it anyway and use it. doubt they will say anything.
Original post by H.Patel
i am from croydon (that shud xplain alot)

ya dunnnoooo fam.

eww. i dislike croydon.
Reply 68
@H.Patel:
Have the Halls and SU already planned the LSE'sh events for the freshers? I'm asking because there are already some facebook groups for LSE freshers and halls created by club promoters and they are already offering tickets for freshers parties. Some of the new students may be misleaded that those are the main events of the Orientation 2011, or even miss the actual ones due to such misinformation.

If yes, could you possibly add some spark to the official fb group of LSE freshers and Passfield?
Reply 69
Original post by jakeebs
@H.Patel:
Have the Halls and SU already planned the LSE'sh events for the freshers? I'm asking because there are already some facebook groups for LSE freshers and halls created by club promoters and they are already offering tickets for freshers parties. Some of the new students may be misleaded that those are the main events of the Orientation 2011, or even miss the actual ones due to such misinformation.

If yes, could you possibly add some spark to the official fb group of LSE freshers and Passfield?

Passfield, Roseberry, Bankside and Carr-Saunders have good committees, me and the 3 presidents from there have all been talking and in the first week we have decided Sunday each hall will do it's own thing, Passfield will have a party IN the halls because you can then get to know each other, alcohol will be provided by the committee (something I introduced as president ... free booze, dont ask why it was not these when i first started two years ago at LSE)
Monday LSE have an event at the SU, always good to go and meet new people and get off your face.
Tuesday we are getting Passfield guestlist to a club, probably ministry of sound or anothe party in halls and have the club guestlist thing on Thursday. this will be joint with the other 3 halls mentioned above as they are undergrad halls.

Wednesdya I think we will do some drinking games and non drinking games in halls and those that wanna explore london clubbing should .... best way is to go yourself, promoters are dicks (i have been one so i know)

Friday LSE SU have LSE CRUSH the best place in london on a friday night to get so drunk you break your knee before you get there, or you end up not actually going inside and party out of Houghton Street (LSE's only road)....

And then the week after some interhall events to meet others, because in my past two years that has probably the thing that was missing from freshers, INTERHALL events, dude you need to meet as many people from all the halls, because there will be nights where everyone in your hall is too tired so you need other mates.

And there will be loads of non drinking activities for those that dont like drinking or clubbing

Make sure you all like dirty pints with mayo in, and have loads of pillows in your rooms, you will find out why when we play some good drinking games in the first week, hopefully the first day. !!!

THe LSE freshers page is not run by the SU but the LSE pssfield page is a temp page to meet new people , then when i get access to emailing the new people this year coming into passfield i will email everyone a new facebook group for actuall residents. worked really well last year and we all still talk on it even today in summer, it is perfect for organising your own evetns and even chatting and asking if anyone wants to go tescom but you will get an email for that when i can email everyone.

hope that helps, join the Passfield facebook page for now at least ....

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/LSE-Passfield-Hall-2011-2012-Information/178042672246368
Reply 70
Hi everybody, I am sorry to interrupt.
I've been offered a single at passfield but I can't afford it.
Anyone in a shared room, especially a triple room @ Passfield would be willing to swap with me?
That would be of great help.

Many thanks.
Reply 71
Apologies if this question has been asked before - but what is the internet connection like in Passfield? Is there a connection in all of the rooms? Also, are we allowed to keep our own kettle or is there one provided? Many thanks :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 72
Original post by 123hn
Anyone in a shared room, especially a triple room @ Passfield would be willing to swap with me?

Many thanks.

hi, i know a friend who wanted a single, but she now retracted her offer by mistake to try get a single room, but if she gets her offer for a double room back i will let you know, join the facebook page to see if there are people who want to swap.
Reply 73
Original post by jinx!
Apologies if this question has been asked before - but what is the internet connection like in Passfield? Is there a connection in all of the rooms? Also, are we allowed to keep our own kettle or is there one provided? Many thanks :smile:

ridiculously fast, literally at time on the ethernet cable you can download movies in 20mins,
the wireless is slow at peak times, but you only use that if you are in the common room or on your phone in the common areas, in your room everyone has an ethrnet cable which is amazing

no kettles in the room, it will get the smoke detector going, but you can have it in the shared kitchens and normally it will be fine and no one will steal it etc
Reply 74
Original post by 123hn

Original post by 123hn

Many thanks.

Hi, I've been offered a shared room but would really like a single instead. Let me know if you're still interested in swapping!
Reply 75
anyone know how you get your deposit back if you missed your offer? i'm hoping you can get it back, pretty stingy if you can't!
Reply 76
Original post by ElenaChabo
anyone know how you get your deposit back if you missed your offer? i'm hoping you can get it back, pretty stingy if you can't!

email [email protected] and they should give you your deposit back
Reply 77
Apparently heating is only at certain times in the hall during winter? Does that make it a bit chilly or is it usually alright?
Reply 78
What is the best way to get to Passfield from Heathrow with a 50 pound suitcase, 50 pound box, and a carry-on? Once I get to Passfield, how will the move-in day process work?
Reply 79
Original post by thebeslaw
Apparently heating is only at certain times in the hall during winter? Does that make it a bit chilly or is it usually alright?

no its actually really good, every hall has a policy to turn off heating for 6 hours a day at least, i have told reception to do that from 12am to 6am because you are either out clubbin and come back too drunk to realise it is cold, or you are bed by then and then when you wake up it is warm :smile:

the common room is probably the coldest place in the halls or the random corridoors no one ever uses

Quick Reply

Latest