The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laurenl93
Leicester medical school rejected me for only having an A in maths at AS Level instead of an A*.
St. Andrews rejected me for only taking four A Levels and not six. Waaaaa.

THE ABOVE INFORMATION IS ALL 100% TRUE.

Word on the grapevine is Sheffield will soon only accept applications from people with atleast 900 UKCAT too. Damn I was only 270 off.

Oh i'm not too bothered about accomodation... well thats a lie i am. I want my own toilet, that way on freshers week I can get my moneys worth paying for an ensuite bathroom with all the whiteying i'll be doing in said toilet in the mornings

Self catered is a must for me.. I'm vegetarian (out of choice) and vegan (Out of food intolerance.. other than eggs) as well as being intolerant to yeast. Lol at my ****ed up digestive system. But also I think i could easily save the extra £100 i'd pay for catered accomodation with all the 14p ASDA smart price noodles i'll be consuming

Haha exactly,
I need my own bog, plus if I had a shared bog i'd probably be on a hall with other lads.
Not after the Ireland trip college had.
I didn't know it was possible to grow things that quickly.

Wow, I sound different on here . . .

Seriously though Self-Catered en suite would be fine.

As soon as I move into a house though I wouldn't mind sharing the bogs or the kitchen or whatever, just the freedom to get up and go whenever I felt like it (breakfast and washing) would be Ideal.
I think you forgot this: "ALSO I'M WORKING FULL TIME CLEANING BUMS FOR THIS I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT BECAUSE YEAR 12'S CERTAINLY DON'T HAVE TO PUT UP WITH ALL THIS ****".

Oh I can't wait to start as a HCA :biggrin:
Original post by joemullally
Oh I can't wait to start as a HCA :biggrin:

GOT MA JOB INTERVIEW FOR IT TOMORROW :ahee:

...Don't know why i'm still on here

Good luck with it.

I had my interview for it two - three months ago.
I'm still waiting on training dates :P

They did take on like 50 though,
And at least you wont be in competition with students looking for summer jobs.

You should be grand, Just be as social as you are on here :biggrin:

Good Luck with it!!
Original post by areyousure?
Good Luck with it!!

Coppying my wellwishing much?
:P

and btw guys :goodnight: I'm off to bed, work tomorow, again.

BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND THOUGH !
Good luck with it.

I had my interview for it two - three months ago.
I'm still waiting on training dates :P

They did take on like 50 though,
And at least you wont be in competition with students looking for summer jobs.

You should be grand, Just be as social as you are on here :biggrin:

Original post by areyousure?
Good Luck with it!!

Cheers guys :h:

It's on a geriatric ward so i'm rather happy I don't have to be in a care home all the time, I prefer hospitals to care homes.
Lmao i thought i'd been rather quiet on here for a while?! Waiting for results nervously with a bottle of vodka in one hand, and a jar of nutella in the other
Copying my wellwishing much?

Aye but are you working 30 hours over bank holiday weekend?? eh? eh? No? THEN STFU.

...not really though.. :h:

But i am :frown: Time and a half on monday though :wink:
Coppying my wellwishing much?

hahaha this is true, I didn't actually noticed you had just said the same thing :P

Night!
Reply 3249
Original post by Quackers93
Agreed! I'm already bored :frown: I'm considering extending my extended project by voluntarily doing more work on it, for absolutely nothing, to keep me from going insane from boredom lol

Just had to google 'extended project' as I had no idea what it was... Sounds fun haha...
Reply 3250
I think you forgot this: "ALSO I'M WORKING FULL TIME CLEANING BUMS FOR THIS I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT BECAUSE YEAR 12'S CERTAINLY DON'T HAVE TO PUT UP WITH ALL THIS ****".

Ohh yeahh, my bad, forgot that part.

How did your interview go?

GUYSS BE SO PROUD O' ME - I posted my first PS draft to be reviewed :biggrin: Its not brilliant, and wayyy too long but I hath no idea which bits to cut out...

Also, just realised I volunteered for a thing in WALES next Saturday, which is like 2 and a half hour drive from me :/ I thought it was closer than that...
Original post by twelve

GUYSS BE SO PROUD O' ME - I posted my first PS draft to be reviewed :biggrin: Its not brilliant, and wayyy too long but I hath no idea which bits to cut out...

Also, just realised I volunteered for a thing in WALES next Saturday, which is like 2 and a half hour drive from me :/ I thought it was closer than that...

Oooh well done! Not so well done on the Wales thing though... that's bad :facepalm: hahha. Are you still going to go or is it volunteering that's like amazing? :h:

I still havent done my personal statement, i wanna do it now but ive got work at five and im tired :/
Yeah i had my interview and i was happy with it! There was looooads of people there though :/ so im a bit apprehensive about the number of jobs that were on offer vs. the number of people there. But still I was happy with it

Have you wrote your personal statement like you've already done the HCA training? :h:
Original post by twelve

Also I just looked on your formspring... looks like someone has a lot of sexual predators asking them questions :wink: lmao
Reply 3253
guys, when you booked your ukcat again do you have to use your registered details from last year on the pearsonvue site or are you a new user?
secondly, for those of you that have taken the test (or know of people that have for a second time) do the scores generally go up a second time? Im terrified of doing worse than before!!
Reply 3254
Also I just looked on your formspring... looks like someone has a lot of sexual predators asking them questions :wink: lmao

Lmao your posts are always so funny

How did it go?
yayyyy my remark came back with an A*
Original post by rozca
guys, when you booked your ukcat again do you have to use your registered details from last year on the pearsonvue site or are you a new user?
secondly, for those of you that have taken the test (or know of people that have for a second time) do the scores generally go up a second time? Im terrified of doing worse than before!!

Hi, I created a new user because I couldn't remember old details and then they found my old profile so it was okay .

I think in general scores go up or stay the same !
Good Luck!
Reply 3258
Oooh well done! Not so well done on the Wales thing though... that's bad :facepalm: hahha. Are you still going to go or is it volunteering that's like amazing? :h:

I still havent done my personal statement, i wanna do it now but ive got work at five and im tired :/
Yeah i had my interview and i was happy with it! There was looooads of people there though :/ so im a bit apprehensive about the number of jobs that were on offer vs. the number of people there. But still I was happy with it

Have you wrote your personal statement like you've already done the HCA training? :h:

Well, its not much different to stuff I've already done before, but I REALLY enjoy it, so I might as well do it. Hopefully it'll mean I'm asked to do more stuff through the year to keep me occupied :smile:

Ahh that probaly means there's quite a few jobs available :smile: I'm sure you did fine! When do you find out?

Yeahh, pretty much - haven't really talked about the actual job, just saying I'm doing this in my gap year, which will give me an experience in this and help me improve these skills. Most of the stuff I'll be doing I've already had some experience with, so its really just the fact that its a JOB that I'm highlighting.

How'd the interview go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending