The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3260
Original post by dmz
ha i see, are the machines the usual size you'd have at home. Mum bought me cloth pegs :lol; i'm sure there are dryers?

Yes, there are dryers that work in the same way as the washing machines (as in you pay via the card) and the machines are the usual size.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 3261
Original post by Bella Occhi
Registration certificate?? Where do we get that?

You'll get it when you register, you'll be prompted to print it off once you finish.
Reply 3262
anyone else keep refreshing their email accounts to find out where they've been given?? arrgh! i'm going insane... :eek:
Reply 3263
Original post by tassie8D
anyone else keep refreshing their email accounts to find out where they've been given?? arrgh! i'm going insane... :eek:

just do what I did, ring up the university accommodation office, and ask wether you have been allocated anywhere. Chances are that you have, but they have not had chance to write up the paperwork yet :smile:
Reply 3264
Anyone know how much the washers and dryers costttttt?

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks!
Reply 3265
Original post by NazNazz
Anyone know how much the washers and dryers costttttt?

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks!

£2.20 for a wash and £1 for the dryer.
Reply 3266
Original post by Pendrive
just do what I did, ring up the university accommodation office, and ask wether you have been allocated anywhere. Chances are that you have, but they have not had chance to write up the paperwork yet :smile:

i tried that the other day but they said they were really busy because they have more than 8000 people to find rooms for so i felt really guilty for wasting their time and sheepishly put the phone down.. it's just that i'm going on holiday on wednesday so i'd like to have everything sorted by then... :smile: where have you been given?
Reply 3267
i tried that the other day but they said they were really busy because they have more than 8000 people to find rooms for so i felt really guilty for wasting their time and sheepishly put the phone down.. it's just that i'm going on holiday on wednesday so i'd like to have everything sorted by then... :smile: where have you been given?

I phoned up on tuesday and i have been given James Baillie block D, I am so happy getting what i actually applied for, as it seems loads of people have not. I still have not got an email yet in conformation, so dont worry about it you are not the only one lol :smile:. If you are going away on Wednesday then you should probably call them again if you have not heard from them by tuesday.

Where have you applied anyway? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3268
I phoned up on tuesday and i have been given James Baillie block D, I am so happy getting what i actually applied for, as it seems loads of people have not. I still have not got an email yet in conformation, so dont worry about it you are not the only one lol :smile:. If you are going away on Wednesday then you should probably call them again if you have not heard from them by tuesday.

Where have you applied anyway? :smile:

i applied to james baillie.. my mate did too but he was told yesterday that he was given montague burton.. all i really want is to be in headingley though, preferably in one of the larger residences... :eek: you're lucky you got your first choice loads of people didn't.. what are you studying?
Reply 3269
i applied to james baillie.. my mate did too but he was told yesterday that he was given montague burton.. all i really want is to be in headingley though, preferably in one of the larger residences... :eek: you're lucky you got your first choice loads of people didn't.. what are you studying?

Yeh James Baillie is like perfect positioning between Headingley and the uni. I am studying Management and philosophy (joint honours), what are you studying? i don't want to give you false hope or anything but i have heard that most of the other accommodations have sent out their email's already, so those who have not got anything yet will probably get into James Baillie, if you applied there, and did not get in though clearing. Like i said this is only a rumour so i dont want to get your hopes up too much :s-smilie:

One of my friends was in Monty B last year, and she said it was quite nice, and really good socially, so that is a plus for your friend :biggrin:
Trying to find money to pay the deposit at the moment. Got another 4 days to find it. Grr.
Original post by Teh User
Trying to find money to pay the deposit at the moment. Got another 4 days to find it. Grr.

Take out a loan with the bank of family?
Original post by Muffinz
Take out a loan with the bank of family?

They're dragging their feet and refuse to accept I need a deposit.

'I'm going to need £200 for a deposit.' 'Well, where are you going to find that then?' 'Well I might need to borrow it from you if that's OK.' 'Well tough, get a job and earn it.' 'In four days?' 'Should have thought of that before, you don't need a deposit do you.'
(edited 12 years ago)
They're dragging their feet and refuse to accept I need a deposit.

'I'm going to need a £200 for a deposit.' 'Well, where are you going to find that then?' 'Well I might need to borrow it from you if that's OK.' 'Well tough, get a job and earn it.' 'In four days?' 'Should have thought of that before, you don't need a deposit do you.'

Oh dear... go further afield? Aunts, Uncles?
Original post by Muffinz
Oh dear... go further afield? Aunts, Uncles?

Unfortunately they're all skint. My immediate family is a fountain of riches, but riches bring stinginess unfortunately. I would pay it back within a month, but nope. Ah well, we'll have to see. Something will be sorted and they will pay, but they'll pay on the 7th day when I'd rather not have the uncertainty.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3275
Yeh James Baillie is like perfect positioning between Headingley and the uni. I am studying Management and philosophy (joint honours), what are you studying? i don't want to give you false hope or anything but i have heard that most of the other accommodations have sent out their email's already, so those who have not got anything yet will probably get into James Baillie, if you applied there, and did not get in though clearing. Like i said this is only a rumour so i dont want to get your hopes up too much :s-smilie:

One of my friends was in Monty B last year, and she said it was quite nice, and really good socially, so that is a plus for your friend :biggrin:

i think he wanted to be closer to headingley cos his girlfriend applied to devonshire hall or something.. i dont really know..
anyway, i hope i do get in there but at the same time, as long as it's in headingly or no further away from the city centre than lupton then i'll be happy... :smile:
i'm doing audiology :smile: that's why i'd ideally like to be close to campus cos there are placements and lots of early lectures i think... :eek: i'm getting quite nervous actually!
Reply 3276

bank of mummy and daddy?
Original post by dmz
bank of mummy and daddy?

Daddy is penniless. Mummy has lots of money and probably will lend me it on the 7th day, but I'd rather just get it over with rather than days of arguments and uncertainty.
Reply 3278
Daddy is penniless. Mummy has lots of money and probably will lend me it on the 7th day, but I'd rather just get it over with rather than days of arguments and uncertainty.

Maybe you could phone up the accomodation office? I have no idea if they can do anything, but I reckon it is worth a shot. They might be able to move the date you have to pay by back or something, if you explain your situation. You can't be the only one with problems paying the deposit, so they might have a system in place to help. :smile:
Reply 3279

sorry only just read the rest of the thread :colondollar:

Latest