The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by balloon_parade

Isn't it the summer holidays?

I think they were probably jealous that he got that on his birthday and they didn't so ganged up. Kids are strange. You could teach your cousin to stand up for himself (by telling a teacher what happened) and not care what anyone else thinks! Explain why you think they acted like that so he doesn't think it's him who is wrong. They are the horrible ones/bullies

I would also definitely have a word with his teacher about it. They will then have to do something about it (and if they don't go to the head) Nobody should experience that on their birthday, poor guy!

Nah where I am in Scotland the schools went back 2 weeks ago :smile:
Yeah I told him that they were just jealous and they'd want one on their birthday, might have to teach him how to stand up for himself though! Thank you!
Original post by Jar of Hearts
Nah where I am in Scotland the schools went back 2 weeks ago :smile:
Yeah I told him that they were just jealous and they'd want one on their birthday, might have to teach him how to stand up for himself though! Thank you!

definitely speak to the teacher. I'd be straight on to the school if that happened to my child.
Original post by Tufts
Ooooh how exciting h82think !!! :biggrin:

h82think: Good luck! Very exciting! :smile:

Original post by Annie72
Congrats on TTC :biggrin:

I love the loving making :tongue: but I hate this waiting after, seeing if its taken or my period is on the way.
Original post by h82think

I love the loving making :tongue: but I hate this waiting after, seeing if its taken or my period is on the way.

Congratulations!!! I bet you do haha. Don't think about and it'll happen :smile:

Balloon, what's there to worry about??? You've been planning it for months and everything is perfect!!! Your day will be how you've dreamt it will and so much more, having all your friends, family, Two wonderful little girls at your side and most of all marrying the man you love and want to spend the rest of your life with. Not forgetting how lucky he is!!! I can't wait to see the photographs and your DRESS. Are you having a honeymoon?

I am sooo tired, its unbelievable :frown: I usually am for first few weeks then I suddenly get energy from nowhere that lasts until after the birth :biggrin: PMP your the only one who has 3 children, how different is it from having 2?
Original post by Dream_Catcher
PMP your the only one who has 3 children, how different is it from having 2?

I found going from 1-2 the hardest. Because suddenly I had to juggle two kids instead of devoting all my attention on Lydia. Lydia, of course, had nobody else to play with, so she was always coming to me right when I needed to attend to Alex, which was awkward. I really did struggle a lot when Alex came along.

But when Jason came along, he just slotted right in nicely so to speak. I found 2-3 the easiest of all, because I was already used to juggling more than one child at that point, and it was easier to concentrate on Jason's needs because Lydia and Alex kept each other occupied. I'd be like "right, I've got to feed Jason, so can you two go and play together for a few minutes" and off they'd go.

so yeh, for me, having a third was no problem at all.
I am worried about going from 1 to 2 and Ella loves all the attentions but Im sure it will be ok (eventually)!
News with me. Well I am now 10 weeks pregnant which is great but the doctors have found a suspicous ulcer on my cervix and next week I am going in for a colpospy and biopsy. I dont need to say what im being tested for. they found it last monday and its literally all i can think about. taken the joy off the pregnancy ive not thought about anything else other then **** i could have cervical cancer. it would be ok if pre cancerous cells as it could be left until affter ive had the baby but if cancerous they would not say what would happen. I already know what I would do and that would be to be here for Ella. No hesitations, so all stressful for me. Why things cant be simple i dont know, i was so happy and now this. please dont mention on FB ive not told no one.
oh hun how scary. I hope it's not cancer *hugs*
Reply 467
Original post by HerRoyalHighness
I am worried about going from 1 to 2 and Ella loves all the attentions but Im sure it will be ok (eventually)!
News with me. Well I am now 10 weeks pregnant which is great but the doctors have found a suspicous ulcer on my cervix and next week I am going in for a colpospy and biopsy. I dont need to say what im being tested for. they found it last monday and its literally all i can think about. taken the joy off the pregnancy ive not thought about anything else other then **** i could have cervical cancer. it would be ok if pre cancerous cells as it could be left until affter ive had the baby but if cancerous they would not say what would happen. I already know what I would do and that would be to be here for Ella. No hesitations, so all stressful for me. Why things cant be simple i dont know, i was so happy and now this. please dont mention on FB ive not told no one.

Am thinking of you ((hugs)))
Reply 468
Good luck HRH. Stay strong!
Original post by Annie72
Am thinking of you ((hugs)))

:ditto:

EH: I agree about Clarks, it's not that it's not our budget, it's just that DH is a total cheapskate when it comes to clothes :tongue:, I think I have him convinced though, If I didn't I probably would have just got them anyway because good footwear is really important! The main thing is that I am right, quality over price hehe!

Quality over price :smile: The reality of it is most kids won't know or even feel the difference :biggrin:

Gotta teach your future-hubby some lessons in economics :smile:
Hey, on my 20th birthday the other day I found out I was pregnant which was a shock because I was on the pill. Ive decided to keep the baby and my boyfriend said he would fully support me. He doesnt want to be a dad this young (hes turning 21 in Sept) but he said that its my decision and would be there for me no matter what. I feel selfish but I just cannot have an abortion. The though of it makes me sick to the gut, and I just know that Ill suffer terribly from it and regret it for the rest of my life.

My mum, nan and older sis think I should have an abortion. My mum is making my life hell! She keeps muttering really loud that Im not going to cope, she keeps calling me stupid, shes even hiding food from me, saying that I have to provide for myself as she cannot afford to buy food for us both (shes lying as before the pregnancy she didnt really complain although money was tight). She also keeps saying that my boyfriend isnt going to stick with me and that Im going to be a terrible parent and that my life is going to be ruined. Im trying to remain positive about the birth but she keeps putting me down, making me feel like s**t. My boyfriend is so supportive so and so are my friends... I just need to get away.

Im due to start my last year at uni in September and Im due to give birth in March. Ill be moving back to my student home which is 44 miles away (at least I get to be away from my mum). But Ill have to look for a house for me and my boyfriend back in my hometown around 4 weeks before the baby is born. I know things are going to be a struggle when the baby is born, but Im willing to do everything in my power to improve things and to be a good parent. My boyfriend currently works as a sales adviser in a shop so money wont be great... However, I have been doing research and know the government will help out.

I just really really need some advice from anyone.
Original post by Hele
Hey, on my 20th birthday the other day I found out I was pregnant which was a shock because I was on the pill. Ive decided to keep the baby and my boyfriend said he would fully support me. He doesnt want to be a dad this young (hes turning 21 in Sept) but he said that its my decision and would be there for me no matter what. I feel selfish but I just cannot have an abortion. The though of it makes me sick to the gut, and I just know that Ill suffer terribly from it and regret it for the rest of my life.

My mum, nan and older sis think I should have an abortion. My mum is making my life hell! She keeps muttering really loud that Im not going to cope, she keeps calling me stupid, shes even hiding food from me, saying that I have to provide for myself as she cannot afford to buy food for us both (shes lying as before the pregnancy she didnt really complain although money was tight). She also keeps saying that my boyfriend isnt going to stick with me and that Im going to be a terrible parent and that my life is going to be ruined. Im trying to remain positive about the birth but she keeps putting me down, making me feel like s**t. My boyfriend is so supportive so and so are my friends... I just need to get away.

Im due to start my last year at uni in September and Im due to give birth in March. Ill be moving back to my student home which is 44 miles away (at least I get to be away from my mum). But Ill have to look for a house for me and my boyfriend back in my hometown around 4 weeks before the baby is born. I know things are going to be a struggle when the baby is born, but Im willing to do everything in my power to improve things and to be a good parent. My boyfriend currently works as a sales adviser in a shop so money wont be great... However, I have been doing research and know the government will help out.

I just saw your other thread. I was literally just about to direct you over here!

Well quite a few of us have had kids young. I started uni in September 2004 when I was 20, turned 21 in December 04, and in January 05 I found out I was pregnant. So that was a big shock, I didn't feel ready at all, but I'm pro-life so there's no way I could go through with an abortion.

I'm maybe not the best example of being able to study whilst having kids though, as I ended up dropping out, but NOT as a result of having had one child, it was when I was juggling uni and two kids that I found it a bit much and ended up dropping out. (And now I have three kids, so there we go lol).

balloon parade has managed to do uni with two kids though, so I'm sure she'll have some good advice!

Congratulations on your pregnancy, even if it was unexpected! I'm sorry your family isn't being supportive at the moment, but perhaps they'll come around and be kinder when the baby is here.
Original post by Hele

Welcome and congrats :smile:

I am happy you are not being pressured by other people. It is important to listen to advice, but even more important to do what is right for you.

As for me: my period is MIA :eek: We shall see!
has anyone got advice as really getting annoying, as most summers we go and visit my family in spain, but for various reasons this summer we can't. Can someone please give me something that as a family we could do,

eldest 2 are 14 (nearly 15)
next one is 12
next is 2
and youngest is 1
woo h82 how exciting! fingers and toes are crossed for you!

Original post by clareramos
has anyone got advice as really getting annoying, as most summers we go and visit my family in spain, but for various reasons this summer we can't. Can someone please give me something that as a family we could do,

next one is 12
next is 2
and youngest is 1

well there's only a week left of the summer holidays, so not long now until your eldest two will be back at school. Until then though, how about :

-fishing (get some nets and jars and go to a local lake and catch tiddlers)
-general visiting of parks and feeding ducks
-theme park
-eating out somewhere together
-go to a zoo
-picnic
-rent a movie from blockbuster and buy some popcorn and have a "cinema" day indoors
-collect pine cones, paint them silver and glittery, and tie string on them, ready to use as Christmas tree decorations for Christmas (providing you can find pine cones at this time of year)

I'm struggling a little to think of many things to suggest to you as your kids are so different in age. The eldest two will have very different interests to your youngest two I suppose.

edited to add : do you have one 14 year old or two? I read it initially as you having four children, but on reading it again it sounds like you have five children and your eldest are twins.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
woo h82 how exciting! fingers and toes are crossed for you!

well there's only a week left of the summer holidays, so not long now until your eldest two will be back at school. Until then though, how about :

-fishing (get some nets and jars and go to a local lake and catch tiddlers)
-general visiting of parks and feeding ducks
-theme park
-eating out somewhere together
-go to a zoo
-picnic
-rent a movie from blockbuster and buy some popcorn and have a "cinema" day indoors
-collect pine cones, paint them silver and glittery, and tie string on them, ready to use as Christmas tree decorations for Christmas (providing you can find pine cones at this time of year)

I'm struggling a little to think of many things to suggest to you as your kids are so different in age. The eldest two will have very different interests to your youngest two I suppose.

edited to add : do you have one 14 year old or two? I read it initially as you having four children, but on reading it again it sounds like you have five children and your eldest are twins.

the eldest 2 are twins, one boy and one girl. my fella 'LOVES' living in a house with 5 females. Also my son has slight downs, and I start work later today (just seen the time) so it will by my fella for most of this week as he is on 2 weeks R&R
the eldest 2 are twins, one boy and one girl. my fella 'LOVES' living in a house with 5 females. Also my son has slight downs, and I start work later today (just seen the time) so it will by my fella for most of this week as he is on 2 weeks R&R

crikey - just looked at your profile and you're 28? Wow, that's a lot of children for somebody only a year older than me! I was expecting you to be about a decade older! If you don't mind me asking, how did you cope with having twins at 14 and a third child at 16? That must have been incredibly hard work for somebody young.
I was living in spain at the time, and had all my family there (I'm from a VERY large family), so had them supporting me quite a bit.

next one is 12
next is 2
and youngest is 1

http://www.timeout.com/london/search/?flag%5B0%5D=Family+friendly&flag%5B1%5D=Free&date=next7days&submit=1

26 free events for kids this week around London :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest