Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1520
Original post by Blazara
"Muauaha you shall be buried under piles of textbooks".

Don't worry Blazara, I've got your back! :tongue: Although I'll be more likely to bury them under scripts, cameras and, uh, editing suites? :rolleyes:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by jamie511
Don't worry Blazara, I've got your back! :tongue: Although I'll be more likely to bury them under scripts, cameras and, uh, editing suites? :rolleyes:

The editing suites are definitely heavy; it'll crush 'em.
***** HOUSEMATE NEEDED **********

Room available in a 4 bed house in town centre near blockbuster, police station and ccc. 3 lovely 2nd year ukc girls needing 4th housemate. Male or female housemate welcome. The house is a large victorian house and is perfect for both ccc and ukc students. £75 rent per week - bargain! Email if interested: [email protected]
Anyone know what the Continuing Professional Development question is about on the enrolment form?
financial maths? or actuarial science? (think they share a first year)
:smile:
Reply 1525
Original post by Rachel Honey
***** HOUSEMATE NEEDED **********

Room available in a 4 bed house in town centre near blockbuster, police station and ccc. 3 lovely 2nd year ukc girls needing 4th housemate. Male or female housemate welcome. The house is a large victorian house and is perfect for both ccc and ukc students. £75 rent per week - bargain! Email if interested: [Removed]

Hi....

there I sent you an email a moment ago

Can you reply back and let me know if the room's still available.

I have been accepted at UKC for Drama and Theater Studies and

haven't got an accommodation finalised, so would be grateful

if you can reply back : )

Regards

FOU
Reply 1526
Does anyone know how much a Cab would cost from Canterbury bus station to Uni?? Its about 15 min!! :smile::wink:
Original post by Kurtin69
Does anyone know how much a Cab would cost from Canterbury bus station to Uni?? Its about 15 min!! :smile::wink:

Less than a tenner. Maybe £6/7?
Reply 1528
Original post by Loz17
Less than a tenner. Maybe £6/7?

cheers!:smile:
I'm study Comparative lit and French this september. But i'm having problems choosing my modules online. I'm really confused, how do I choose the modules I want to study? :confused:
Original post by DBSKrules
I'm study Comparative lit and French this september. But i'm having problems choosing my modules online. I'm really confused, how do I choose the modules I want to study? :confused:

Module registration is down at the moment due to a bug in the system at their end. You'll receive an email and there'll be a notice on SDS when it's back up and you're able to register. :smile:
Original post by cinnamon442
Module registration is down at the moment due to a bug in the system at their end. You'll receive an email and there'll be a notice on SDS when it's back up and you're able to register. :smile:

Phew, I was starting to worry. :colondollar: Thanks for letting me know.
Original post by ash121

Original post by ash121
Woohoooo
Liberty Quays, Medway.
Who's going there? :biggrin:

Just confirmed my room! Bloody expensive though, don't know how I'll eat... what are you studying?
Can anyone tell me wether it's normal for UoK students at Medway to travel into Canterbury for nights out/freshers/campus facilities. Medway looks vastly inferior in terms of facilities, clubs, bars and general pleasantness.
Original post by jokesexplained
Can anyone tell me wether it's normal for UoK students at Medway to travel into Canterbury for nights out/freshers/campus facilities. Medway looks vastly inferior in terms of facilities, clubs, bars and general pleasantness.

It's a bit of a commute; if my snippets of random reading are true - most Medway's don't, because the journey is just too long to justify it.
Original post by jokesexplained

Apparently it's about a 45 minute drive, 40 miles. Seems like a long distance in my opinion.
does anyone know which train station is nearest to the uni, at the canterbury campus? and how far the walk is? thanks! :smile:
Reply 1537
Canterbury West is nearest the university, not sure on the length of time it would take you to walk, getting a taxi would be easier I reckon.
Original post by purplestarfish
does anyone know which train station is nearest to the uni, at the canterbury campus? and how far the walk is? thanks! :smile:

Takes about 30 mins to walk to Canterbury West :smile: as the other poster said taxi might be easier, especially if you have lots of thing with you.
Reply 1539
Original post by clairemellisa
Takes about 30 mins to walk to Canterbury West :smile: as the other poster said taxi might be easier, especially if you have lots of thing with you.

Bit dubious about it taking 30 minutes! I live 30 seconds from Canterbury West and it takes me 14 minutes to get to campus :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending