The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Missed the first 7 minutes so I have no idea what happened, will have to watch it at the end as I recorded it.
Epic.

Now THAT is a good episode of Who.
Well it hasn't restored my faith, to put it nicely. The acting was great though.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox

Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
X Factor is after Doctor Who so no probs :biggrin:.

Hmm.... is it wrong to say I wanted to see more of Hitler? :gasp:

Next episode looks pretty awesome though :yep:
I don't think it was River in the astronaut at all.

Also, I was unconvinced by the idea that years of brainwashing could be overwritten by a single gesture of caring from the Doctor.

Also, I think it is fair to assume that he whispered his name in her ear.
(edited 12 years ago)
It was a good episode of Doctor Who - just a shame that most of the twists were pretty obvious if you were paying attention (even without having known a few of them before the episode even started).
Original post by Bobifier
I don't think it was River in the astronaut at all.

Also, I was unconvinced by the idea that years of brainwashing could be overwritten by a single gesture of caring from the Doctor.

Also, I think it is fair to assume that he whispered his name in her ear.

Yeah I thought all of that... maybe she'll come back and play nice but really be eeeeeeeeeeevil :colone:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
So, a Question that needs answering, hiding in plain sight, sought by the Silence... Whatever it is, asking it causes Silence to fall. The lake was named 'Silencio' and is the place where he dies. Anybody betting the Doctor asks the Astronaut the Question?

I'm completely lost on this "Question" stuff. :confused:
Nice to know ge still achnowledges Rose Donna and Marthas existance
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Moffat gives us answers. And then leaves us with more questions. Literally. :awesome:

VERY literally :eek:
I have just remembered that Steven Moffat is the same person who thought that a Dalek bomb built into an android could reasonably have a manual override, and that this override could be triggered by feelings of love. Disregard my previous post, as it now seems entirely fair that River's years of brainwashing could be overridden by a single gesture of kindness.
Reply 6291
Yes. The actor is crap, the character is just plain boring, and they've ruined the tradition of the Doctor having one female companion, who he always got close to having relationship with, but it never quite happened. Now we've got this bumbling excuse of a human being just ruining things, and ruining the savage beauty of a man and woman travelling through time and space together. Doctor Who has been rubbish for ages; if I'd never seen it before, I'd guess it's some kind of spin-off of Chucklevision.
I have just remembered that Steven Moffat is the same person who thought that a Dalek bomb built into an android could reasonably have a manual override, and that this override could be triggered by feelings of love. Disregard my previous post, as it now seems entirely fair that River's years of brainwashing could be overridden by a single gesture of kindness.

A) That was something that was Mark Gatiss's idea.
B) It's entirely reasonable that River's brainwashing could be overridden - she had just completed the programming, so it's possible.

Maybe because she carried out the act and brought him very close to death it sort of check it off her to do list?
Saw some of it coming, but loved it anyway. Rory punching Hitler and telling him to 'Sit down and shut up' before sticking him in the cupboard was brilliant. Much love for that. :biggrin:

The Doctor's guilt at seeing Rose and Donna and Martha... awwwww :'(
The question is "what is the question?" Think about it. It's hiding in plain sight and was the first question. Chicken and egg riddles. D:
Rory's my favourite thing about Doctor Who at the moment.
Also, I reckon that maybe the Doctor sets up his own death in Utah as a way to break the brainwashing on Melody/River.
It's not going to be 'What is 6 x 9?' is it?

:nooo:

[soamazingifitwas]
Original post by LastLordofTime
A) That was something that was Mark Gatiss's idea.
B) It's entirely reasonable that River's brainwashing could be overridden - she had just completed the programming, so it's possible.

Moffat let it through, and I am still bitter! I almost wouuld have rather had him disable it with the deus ex screwdriver.

I don't know, I am just unconvinced by the idea that she can spend her entire life working towards one thing, and then have her mind changed instantly not just to not do it, but to actually do the opposite thing. That sounds like distinctly sub-par brainwashing to me.

Latest