The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Chester Accommodation - Eversley House

Hi, my name is Amy and i am coming to Chester University in september and was wondering who else is staying in the Eversley house accommodation? At least then i may feel less nervous about coming! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Its about five minutes from Morrisons-great place to be!
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey, I have been offered a room there too! Although my offer says its a twin room so im guessing that im sharing with someone?! But i havent been able to get through to the accomodation office on the phone so im not sure atm. Im so glad i have found someone else who is staying there! :smile: x
Reply 3
Heyy, I've been offered a place there too. Do you know if there are any websites that show you what the rooms look like? I can't find any :frown: i should be going to visit them soon anyway but im so excited, i wanna know now!! :smile: x
Reply 4
Well it is Sunday AND Bank Holiday :P
Reply 5
ahh im living there too :smile: ive confirmed my room. is it single sex? theres a group on facebook about eversley house :smile:x
Reply 6
I've requested to join that :smile: x
Reply 7
I was at Eversley last year and loved it.

A few of us who were there last year will be helping you all move in on the first day too.

Any questions just ask.
Reply 8
Do you know where and when we get our keys? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by AdamDr

Original post by AdamDr
I was at Eversley last year and loved it.

A few of us who were there last year will be helping you all move in on the first day too.

Any questions just ask.

Hey what did you do for laundry facilities? since their isn't any in the accommodation.
Reply 10
Hey AdamDr, im a bit confused about my room offer because it says i have got a 'Twin Ensuite' so do you know if that will mean im sharing a room with someone? I havent been able to get through to anyone in the accomodation office to ask because its Bank Holiday.. Thanks Becca :smile: x
Original post by vickilinney
ahh im living there too :smile: ive confirmed my room. is it single sex? theres a group on facebook about eversley house :smile:x

Yeah I have just joined it! Will be good to talk to everyone before we actually go! :biggrin:
Reply 12
Do you know where and when we get our keys?

Last year we got our keys on the Sunday in the Westminster building on Chester Campus. There'll be people there to guide you where you need to go for that. :smile:

Hey what did you do for laundry facilities? since their isn't any in the accommodation.

For laundry there is a launderette on campus £2.20 for a wash and an extra pound for the washers. takes about 2 hours for the both, its pretty boring down there i must admit ha. You also have to be prepared to carry your washing there and back. However if you are lucky enough to have a sink in your room youll be able to hand wash in them. :smile:

Hey AdamDr, im a bit confused about my room offer because it says i have got a 'Twin Ensuite' so do you know if that will mean im sharing a room with someone? I havent been able to get through to anyone in the accomodation office to ask because its Bank Holiday.. Thanks Becca x

Twin ensuite will probably mean that will end up sharing. I was sharing last year but luckily who I was sharing with i got on well with. Hopefully you also will be lucky and find you get on with them great. It isnt that bad honestly :biggrin: It's also the cheapest of the rooms in Eversley so more money for yourself :gthumb:
What's the layout like of the house? e.g. how many bathrooms?
Reply 14
Hey AdamDr, im a bit confused about my room offer because it says i have got a 'Twin Ensuite' so do you know if that will mean im sharing a room with someone? I havent been able to get through to anyone in the accomodation office to ask because its Bank Holiday.. Thanks Becca x

Twin ensuite will probably mean that will end up sharing. I was sharing last year but luckily who I was sharing with i got on well with. Hopefully you also will be lucky and find you get on with them great. It isnt that bad honestly It's also the cheapest of the rooms in Eversley so more money for yourself

Thank you :smile: well i thought it would be cheaper but i have checked the amount im paying each week and it is at the highest end of the prices they charge for rooms in the house :s-smilie: Very confused atm Becca x
Reply 15
Original post by amy-richardson
What's the layout like of the house? e.g. how many bathrooms?

1 shared bathroom between 4 on the bottom floor.
5 En suite singles middle floor
3 en suite double top floor
1 large kitchen to share between all 15
1 large living area for all too :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Becca_45

Twin ensuite will probably mean that will end up sharing. I was sharing last year but luckily who I was sharing with i got on well with. Hopefully you also will be lucky and find you get on with them great. It isnt that bad honestly It's also the cheapest of the rooms in Eversley so more money for yourself

Thank you :smile: well i thought it would be cheaper but i have checked the amount im paying each week and it is at the highest end of the prices they charge for rooms in the house :s-smilie: Very confused atm Becca x

Ahh wierd. I paid around 80p/w for my shared en suite last year. it was around 105p/w for single en suite with around 95 for single room.

That was all included semi catering though (10 meals a week, lunch and tea). But I've heard that Eversley is now self-catered, so may mean the prices are lower than they were last year.
Anyone else on the ground floor? :smile:
Hey :smile: i've also got a place at Eversley House :smile: i'm on the top floor so looks like i'm sharing :smile:. looking forward to meeting you guys :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by StephStewart
Hey :smile: i've also got a place at Eversley House :smile: i'm on the top floor so looks like i'm sharing :smile:. looking forward to meeting you guys :smile:

Hey im Becca, im on the top floor too :smile: what does your offer say your room code is? We could be sharing :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending