The Student Room Group

Heythrop College Applicants 2011?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Just got in here through clearing! Really really pleased. Is there somewhere I can see the accom for Alban Halls? I can't seem to find anything on the Heythrop website!
Original post by Peachz
Just got in here through clearing! Really really pleased. Is there somewhere I can see the accom for Alban Halls? I can't seem to find anything on the Heythrop website!

The rooms are really nice, quite spacious, and you get a good view if you're higher up. I can't find any pictures on FB, but this is good for giving an idea what the rooms in the College itself are like http://www.uni360.com/uni_vt2.asp?uniid=106&image=Heythrop1_1.ipx&campusid=
Reply 82
I also just got in through clearing. Am I wrong in interpreting the website as saying the deadline is up for applying for accomodation there and in uol shared halls?

In any case, is there anyone who has accomodation at or near heythrop who wants a roomate? Will pay my fraction of rent, food costs, etc. I don't need a bed, just a place on the floor to put a mattress or sleeping bag, or a couch.
My email address is <email removed by moderator - PM member if you wish to contact them> if anyone is interested.

thanks.
Original post by sc?
I also just got in through clearing. Am I wrong in interpreting the website as saying the deadline is up for applying for accomodation there and in uol shared halls?

In any case, is there anyone who has accomodation at or near heythrop who wants a roomate? Will pay my fraction of rent, food costs, etc. I don't need a bed, just a place on the floor to put a mattress or sleeping bag, or a couch.
My email address is &lt;email removed by moderator - PM member if you wish to contact them&gt; if anyone is interested.

thanks.

From the website here http://www.heythrop.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate-study/clearing-2011.html at the bottom :smile:
Reply 84

Have you stayed in the halls after year 1? Did you have to move out of halls? If so, was the increase in price considerable? Thanks for your help.
Original post by Peachz
Have you stayed in the halls after year 1? Did you have to move out of halls? If so, was the increase in price considerable? Thanks for your help.

I didn't live in the Alban halls at all because during my first year they were female only. I stayed at Nutford House, and intercollegiate hall, during my first year, but moving into private accommodation in my second and third years I paid less than I did staying in halls. :smile:

edit: you can stay after the first year sometimes as a responsible person/warden for your floor, but that's not guaranteed, and imo you'd miss out on living in London.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 86
Original post by Magnum Opus
I didn't live in the Alban halls at all because during my first year they were female only. I stayed at Nutford House, and intercollegiate hall, during my first year, but moving into private accommodation in my second and third years I paid less than I did staying in halls. :smile:

edit: you can stay after the first year sometimes as a responsible person/warden for your floor, but that's not guaranteed, and imo you'd miss out on living in London.

Thanks for your help! Just doing the figures and that, don't think I can afford it eek!
Original post by Peachz
Thanks for your help! Just doing the figures and that, don't think I can afford it eek!

Are you getting full loan/bursary from the SLC? If so, then Heythrop also give you £1500ish by way of a bursary on top of that, £750 in March I think, and the rest in June/July. If not, then I'm sure if you call the person in the link I gave and speak to them, they will help you find somewhere suitable, be it in halls, or sharing with students in private accommodation. :smile:

How much is it, out of curiosity?
Reply 88
From student finance, i get 5000£ and thats the London part. I don't know anything about any bursaries or anything. Unfortunately, one of my parents was made redundant that year and because she was at her company for like twenty years, she got a massive payout and that! So i'm not sure what i'm going to do now :frown:

EDIT: Its 6250, for the year, in Alban Halls, don't know how that works out per week.

x
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 89
Update, have decided I can afford to go! Bring on Heythrop? :biggrin:
Reply 90
Anyone heard back from Accommodation yet? Currently very worried as I've heard nothing and time is running out since we start in less than a month!
Original post by Peachz
Anyone heard back from Accommodation yet? Currently very worried as I've heard nothing and time is running out since we start in less than a month!

They will find you somewhere, even if it's just an emergency temporary measure, but it can hurt too much to call and ask what's happening
Reply 92
yeah.. I'm in the same situation. It seems everyone has accommodation sorted and I have no where to live. I sent off a late application form last week and have heard nothing.. I'm absolutely freaking out.
Reply 93
They will find you somewhere, even if it's just an emergency temporary measure, but it can hurt too much to call and ask what's happening

Still scary though! :-( I've give them a ring tomorrow and see what they say!

Original post by lucytrew
yeah.. I'm in the same situation. It seems everyone has accommodation sorted and I have no where to live. I sent off a late application form last week and have heard nothing.. I'm absolutely freaking out.

I'm literally ****ting myself :frown:. I don't know whether to tell my rents but they'll crap 'emselves and be worried sick for the next few days for me to then say 'oh nevermind'
Reply 94
Original post by Peachz
Still scary though! :-( I've give them a ring tomorrow and see what they say!

I'm literally ****ting myself :frown:. I don't know whether to tell my rents but they'll crap 'emselves and be worried sick for the next few days for me to then say 'oh nevermind'

I got mine through today, apparently I'm in Nutford House, you heard anything?
Reply 95

Not a thing :frown:! Grrr, I hope it comes tomorrow!

Nutford is lovely, and an awesome location, it's my old halls :awesome:
Reply 97
hey, I also accepted Heythrop through Clearing.
Got an offer from Nutofrd house today, the thing is I got offered a twin room
I'm not sure whether I should take it or not! :'(
Reply 98
What's the vibe like here? I'm interested in going but i want the full university experience. Lot's of nightlife? Obviously it's available as it's in London but are the students fun?
Original post by IceCool
What's the vibe like here? I'm interested in going but i want the full university experience. Lot's of nightlife? Obviously it's available as it's in London but are the students fun?

They are, I wouldn't worry about that, great vibe, vast majority of people at Heythrop tend to be really friendly, open minded, fun and up for doing things, and even the people who prefer a quieter life tend to be pretty tolerant of other people so that won't be an issue. I've never felt that I'm missing out on anything while being at Heythrop, in fact I'm pretty sure I've had a lot more fun here than some of my mates who go to more well known universities like LSE, Imperial, Royal Holloway etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending