Original post by ms93
Woooo Maths at Uni xD

GCSE - 2A* 6A 3B

Maths:
c1 - 100
c2 - 88
s1 - 87

Predicted an A*

Got B in my AS economics, 2 marks off an A Predicted an A though.
Doing AS and A2 Further maths in one year next year just so I can do Maths at Uni. Hopefully predicted an A.

What types of universities have I got a chance at? Thank You x

Me and you are actually kind of similar:

I got 2A*s, 5As, 4Bs

And: C1 - 91, C2 - 78, S1 - 91

Not sure of prediction but will be: A/A*...

I got a C in AS economics (prediction)
Will be doing just AS FM next year, and will be applying to places that dont need a full A level in further maths such as lancaster, sheffield, leicester, royal holloway....

Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 981
Original post by BeccaCath94
Me and you are actually kind of similar:

I got 2A*s, 5As, 4Bs

And: C1 - 91, C2 - 78, S1 - 91

Not sure of prediction but will be: A/A*...

I got a C in AS economics (prediction)
Will be doing just AS FM next year, and will be applying to places that dont need a full A level in further maths such as lancaster, sheffield, leicester, royal holloway....

Good luck :biggrin:

Oh wow! That sounds good :biggrin:
I got B in AS economics was 2 marks off an A, stupid Macroeconomics =( but I went to check out Sheffield at an open day and I didn't like it there so not applying! But I like Leicester! :biggrin: Royal Holloway is too close to home :P Good Luck to you too :smile:
Original post by ms93
Oh wow! That sounds good :biggrin:
I got B in AS economics was 2 marks off an A, stupid Macroeconomics =( but I went to check out Sheffield at an open day and I didn't like it there so not applying! But I like Leicester! :biggrin: Royal Holloway is too close to home :P Good Luck to you too :smile:

Thank you :smile:
You didnt like it? Why not?? :frown: :frown: I really liked it but i probably prefered lancaster more.... :smile:
Im going to go look round leicester - have you been already? :smile:
I dont think im going to apply to RHUL because its in london and my mum wont let me go to a london uni, plus its in the middle of nowhere and a long way away from my home in york so...
Reply 983
I did some volunteering job in a hospital for 1 month (full-day), but I don't think it does really related to maths, will universities like people do volunteering?
Reply 984
Thank you :smile:
You didnt like it? Why not?? :frown: :frown: I really liked it but i probably prefered lancaster more.... :smile:
Im going to go look round leicester - have you been already? :smile:
I dont think im going to apply to RHUL because its in london and my mum wont let me go to a london uni, plus its in the middle of nowhere and a long way away from my home in york so...

Nopeee, I didn't like the feel of the university, but I must say the accomodation was FAB, even though it was a trek to get to LOL. And oh right, yes its in the middle of no where and hard to even get into London from there too. Oh right wow! Yeah Lancaster is good too, but way too far for me, I live near heathrow :smile:
Reply 985
Original post by twig
I guess so, although I have no idea how I would have done it without the terms conveniently cancelling.

Are you applying for maths this year? (If yes) Which unis are you looking into?

Yeah I am. Will probably apply to Cam/Warwick/Durham.. Maybe Bath.

Got my A* in maths so it's going ok so far :tongue:

What about you?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by a5a09
I did some volunteering job in a hospital for 1 month (full-day), but I don't think it does really related to maths, will universities like people do volunteering?

I did some volunteering at my local library over the summer and am going to include it. You still get skills and it proves you're interested in helping and go out of your way....its hard to put into words but bascially its a good thing so unclude it!! haha
Original post by ms93
Nopeee, I didn't like the feel of the university, but I must say the accomodation was FAB, even though it was a trek to get to LOL. And oh right, yes its in the middle of no where and hard to even get into London from there too. Oh right wow! Yeah Lancaster is good too, but way too far for me, I live near heathrow :smile:

Aww yeah it did have a nice feel :smile: To be honest, i didnt see as much of sheffield uni as i would've liked...i didnt get to the accomodation or the maths talk (went to languages instead...) but it looks good still :smile: Haha yeah it looks a bit like its in the middle of nowhere although the founders 'castle' building looks great!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: Oh haha :/ so are you applying to unis in london/south...?
Reply 988
Aww yeah it did have a nice feel :smile: To be honest, i didnt see as much of sheffield uni as i would've liked...i didnt get to the accomodation or the maths talk (went to languages instead...) but it looks good still :smile: Haha yeah it looks a bit like its in the middle of nowhere although the founders 'castle' building looks great!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: Oh haha :/ so are you applying to unis in london/south...?

Oh right, well you didn't miss much with the maths talk, you could find everything he said on their website, basically the course break down, but the accommodation was really nice. Urm nope, London and up north LOL. I don't want to go down south. I really like the Birmingham/Nottingham Area! :smile: Where about are the ones you are applying to?
Original post by ms93
Oh right, well you didn't miss much with the maths talk, you could find everything he said on their website, basically the course break down, but the accommodation was really nice. Urm nope, London and up north LOL. I don't want to go down south. I really like the Birmingham/Nottingham Area! :smile: Where about are the ones you are applying to?

Yeah i find that about talks....its all either in the prospectus or website..... :/ Ah well...they're still good to go to for the atmosphere though :smile: I've seen pictures of the accomodation and it looks nice :smile: Is it similar to lancaster? Oh haha...thats a good area :smile: Ermm mainly up north - yorkshire, lancashire area.....liverpool, sheffield, lancaster, leicester.... :smile:
Reply 990
Yeah i find that about talks....its all either in the prospectus or website..... :/ Ah well...they're still good to go to for the atmosphere though :smile: I've seen pictures of the accomodation and it looks nice :smile: Is it similar to lancaster? Oh haha...thats a good area :smile: Ermm mainly up north - yorkshire, lancashire area.....liverpool, sheffield, lancaster, leicester.... :smile:

Oh right, urm I haven't been to see Lancaster sorry. Its WAY too far for me. Sheffield was about 3 hours, don't want to go any further than that. And oh right cool :smile: The only same one is Leicester then, that't my definite backup at its AAB, my firm will be a different one :smile:
Original post by ms93
Oh right, urm I haven't been to see Lancaster sorry. Its WAY too far for me. Sheffield was about 3 hours, don't want to go any further than that. And oh right cool :smile: The only same one is Leicester then, that't my definite backup at its AAB, my firm will be a different one :smile:

Oh i seee....haha :/ I must've been talking to someone else about it then....too many conversations all at once on TSR!!! haha
All mine are AAB/ABB so i cant really have a lower back-up.... :/
Reply 992
Oh i seee....haha :/ I must've been talking to someone else about it then....too many conversations all at once on TSR!!! haha
All mine are AAB/ABB so i cant really have a lower back-up.... :/

Oh right, I'm scared I'm choosing too risky options =\
Original post by ms93
Oh right, I'm scared I'm choosing too risky options =\

Aww im sure you're not!
Where are you applying and what are you're predicted grades?
Reply 994
Aww im sure you're not!
Where are you applying and what are you're predicted grades?

Predicted A* for Maths
Predicted A for Economics
Dropped French AS, got B.
Finished RS A2 a year early got B 2 marks off an A :frown:
Taking my AS and A2 further maths :smile:

You? :smile:
Original post by Thrug
Yeah I am. Will probably apply to Cam/Warwick/Durham.. Maybe Bath.
Whoa, you've four of my choices! Make your fifth choice Bristol and it will be a total match! :h:
Reply 996
Original post by L'art pour l'art
Whoa, you've four of my choices! Make your fifth choice Bristol and it will be a total match! :h:

Haha not sure about my 5th choice.
Original post by L'art pour l'art

Hehe, I was gonna match you completely :tongue: but I went to Bristol and didn't like it as much as I thought. Too much city, and I've been in London all my life... time for a change :smile:

So I decided to replace it with a backup, and I liked Kent when I visited a few years back. It's got a good place on the tables, very reasonable entry requirements, why not? :biggrin:
Original post by ms93
Predicted A* for Maths
Predicted A for Economics
Dropped French AS, got B.
Finished RS A2 a year early got B 2 marks off an A :frown:
Taking my AS and A2 further maths :smile:

You? :smile:

Wow!! These all sound great :biggrin: :biggrin: Well done!!! They sound good enough for the best unis so why will it be risky?

I dont know my predicted grades yet but I got:: ABCC for AS, and am going to drop one of the Cs and resit the other!!
Original post by Xero Xenith
Hehe, I was gonna match you completely :tongue: but I went to Bristol and didn't like it as much as I thought. Too much city, and I've been in London all my life... time for a change :smile:

So I decided to replace it with a backup, and I liked Kent when I visited a few years back. It's got a good place on the tables, very reasonable entry requirements, why not? :biggrin:
That's uncanny! :biggrin: To be honest, I've been thinking of replacing Bristol with Royal Holloway. I'm not sure yet, though.

Latest