The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by aleviodema
By the way is aeronautical engineering imperials most competitive engineering course.,

Original post by iluvmaths
i want to know that aswell

I think its joint most competitive with Civil & Env'l Eng. 8.2 applicants per place for both.
2009-10 it was 717 for 87 places.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 181
By the way is aeronautical engineering imperials most competitive engineering course.,

Original post by iluvmaths
i want to know that aswell

Original post by Inglip
I think its joint most competitive with Civil & Env'l Eng. 8.2 applicants per place for both.
2009-10 it was 717 for 87 places.

Seeing that Aero and Civ Eng have now raised their entry reqs to become the highest out of all the engineering streams, it's safe to say that yes, they're the most competitive (2A* and an A at least, with the A* in Maths and Physics.)

Next one would probably have to be Mech Eng - though last year Mech Eng was the worst in terms of oversubscription; palming peeps with the right min qualifications at AS off to my department without an interview for Mech. ><

Guys does anyone know if the aeronautical/ engineering students get sent to american unis during the 3rd year such as, MIT, Berkley, Caltech etc..., I heard UCL do it though :0

Nope, the attachments are in Europe - generally France or Germany. I do know that if you don't do the Year Abroad, you generally do a 4-month industry placement that can be in the UK *or* overseas though...
Reply 182
Original post by Beth1234
x

Username: Hudzy
Subject: Physics with Theoretical Physics
Reply 183
Are any mathmos considering applying for the BSc Mathematics with Applied Mathematics/Mathematical Physics course as the G100 one is mostly pure maths?
Reply 184
Original post by deejayy
Are any mathmos considering applying for the BSc Mathematics with Applied Mathematics/Mathematical Physics course as the G100 one is mostly pure maths?

I don't think there are any on this thread yet... :frown:

I think the admissions process will be exactly the same, and you'll still be competing with all the other maths (G100) students, since they are all processed by the maths departments.

Original post by Hudzy
Username: Hudzy
Subject: Physics with Theoretical Physics

Added :thumbsup: Welcome to the thread!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by deejayy

ohhh i never saw that course. Think I might have to look into it. Are you?
Reply 186
Original post by like_a_star
ohhh i never saw that course. Think I might have to look into it. Are you?

Not sure, it's only a Bsc and I would like to do a masters.
Any1 finished their ps yet, man its like the hardest thing in the world right now.
Reply 188
Any1 finished their ps yet, man its like the hardest thing in the world right now.

I applied last year as well, so luckily already have a Personal Statement that I am very happy with. A few tweaks here and there and it should be done! :h:

But yeah, I remember struggling through it last year. I ought to recommend the PS Helper Service on TSR - having someone else who doesn't know you and has been through the process looks at it (we all know that sometimes teachers and parents give out-dated or completely incorrect advice) really does help.
I applied last year as well, so luckily already have a Personal Statement that I am very happy with. A few tweaks here and there and it should be done! :h:

But yeah, I remember struggling through it last year. I ought to recommend the PS Helper Service on TSR - having someone else who doesn't know you and has been through the process looks at it (we all know that sometimes teachers and parents give out-dated or completely incorrect advice) really does help.

Lol I applied last year 2, except it was for a completely different course. Where did u apply to and did u get any offers?:smile:
Reply 190
Lol I applied last year 2, except it was for a completely different course. Where did u apply to and did u get any offers?:smile:

I applied to only Cambridge last year, but didn't get any further than the interview. Hence, I'm trying again! :smile:

What about you? Where did you apply last year? I see you're applying to Warwick too this year. Where else?
Yeah, well I applied for comp sci, at cambridge bristol, surrey soton n sheffield, got all except for.camb, didnt want do do comp sci anymore hence reapplying again.
Yeah, applying for warwick too, also going for ucl and cam again lol.
are you also taking a gap year, im doing a yini. :smile:
I applied to only Cambridge last year, but didn't get any further than the interview. Hence, I'm trying again! :smile:

What about you? Where did you apply last year? I see you're applying to Warwick too this year. Where else?

Meant to quote lol
A*A*A with the two A*s in maths and physics :redface:

There goes my reapplication out the window!

didnt want do do comp sci anymore hence reapplying again.
But, but... CompSci is amazing :wink:

I thought I remembered you from somewhere! I saw your posts on the 2010/11 STEP threads but didn't make the connection.
Reply 196
Original post by ben-smith
I thought I remembered you from somewhere! I saw your posts on the 2010/11 STEP threads but didn't make the connection.

Yeah, though taking STEP actually had nothing to do with getting into Uni, since I didn't have any offers! :smile:

I finished mine... but it was more CompSci orientated with only bits about Maths and now I want to do a complete switch so that I emphasise Maths most of all. Hence I'll be restarting my personal statement now and I'll see what my form tutor made of my old one and then my new one. I might be a bit of a whore with my new personal statement and show it to as many teachers as possible so I can get it perfect.
Hello there!

I haven't found a thread for those of us who plan to apply for 2012 yet, so I thought I'd create one. It is, of course, still early days yet (though last years applicant thread was created in May...)!

Discuss courses, AS results, pre-application anxiety, conditional offer anxiety, post-exam anxiety, cakes (:rolleyes:) etc.

I've just started to compile a list of applicants, before I lose track of everyone.

If you want to be on "The List" quote this post with:

Username: [your username]
Subject: [the subject you're applying for]

(If you do change your mind and want to be taken off "The List", let me know!)

White space! :P

2012 List of Applicants for Entry!

White space! :P

Username: oceanwhistle
Course: BSc Biology :smile:
Original post by Edwin Okli
I finished mine... but it was more CompSci orientated with only bits about Maths and now I want to do a complete switch so that I emphasise Maths most of all. Hence I'll be restarting my personal statement now and I'll see what my form tutor made of my old one and then my new one. I might be a bit of a whore with my new personal statement and show it to as many teachers as possible so I can get it perfect.

Cool, I also see youre applying to emmanuel.