The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

A question: Do the rooms at Christ's have clocks on the walls or do we have to get our own....? (I know, it's the small details that really bug me :smile:)
Original post by nadz123456
A question: Do the rooms at Christ's have clocks on the walls or do we have to get our own....? (I know, it's the small details that really bug me :smile:)

No clocks. You'll have to bring your own.

(Do yourself a favour and don't put the clock on a shelf above your bed - from past experience, if it falls on your head, you get concussion)
Reply 2862
Original post by katey_doodles
Heya St John's folks! Everyone else get the accommodation email today? I bet a million ££ I'll be drawn last in the ballot :tongue:

Hope everyone's having a great summer :smile: xo

Hi! I have received it. When are we supposed to get our slot times and login details? I read the 27th August but I haven't received them...
I am sure I will be one of the last ones in the ballot too :smile:
Reply 2863
Has anyone from Queens' heard anything about accommodation yet?
Original post by gethsemane342
No clocks. You'll have to bring your own.

(Do yourself a favour and don't put the clock on a shelf above your bed - from past experience, if it falls on your head, you get concussion)

That's sound advice, I'll try and remember it...:smile:
Reply 2865
WHAT?!?! The Oxford Freshers 2011 thread has more pages than us. :ninja:

THIS CANNOT BE. :eek:

Why has this thread gone so quiet? :K:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2866
Original post by kpatb
WHAT?!?! The Oxford Freshers 2011 thread has more pages than us. :ninja:

THIS CANNOT BE. :eek:

Why has this thread gone so quiet? :K:

Because we Cambridgers? have lives :wink:

(I wish :rolleyes: lol)
Original post by jsadapa1

It's Cantabrigians :p: or Cantabs for short. It's where the baseless slur used by the other place "dirty Tab" comes from.

After reading this I was wondering what we actually call people living in Cambridge! I guessed Cambrodgians (which sounds very sleek, don't deny it) but apparently its a 'Cantabrigian'?
Reply 2869

Fair enough, I like this theory :tongue:

We're Cantabs for short as ukdragon said - I think it comes from the Latin name for Cambridge (Cantabrigia or something similar)?
Reply 2870
Original post by becca-x
Has anyone from Queens' heard anything about accommodation yet?

I'm for queens' in october too :biggrin: and I've heard nothing apart from the letter confirming my place. I did ring a couple of weeks ago and they told me that we'd get a freshers pack at the end of august (although I'm pretty sure that's now and I still haven't got anything)

Has anyone else not got parents yet either? :frown: I'm starting to become pretty concerned that I may be an orphan...:s-smilie:
Reply 2871
It's okay, we're bound to get everything over the next two weeks (unless you're an international student in which case, stuff will either be left in your pigeon holes or take longer to get to you because of snail mail)

I know that Christ's will be sending out our accommodation etc at the end of August (now) and we will be getting letters from our parents etc from the JCR in early September... so don't worry, I think we're all waiting :smile:
Reply 2872
Original post by emma1701
I'm for queens' in october too :biggrin: and I've heard nothing apart from the letter confirming my place. I did ring a couple of weeks ago and they told me that we'd get a freshers pack at the end of august (although I'm pretty sure that's now and I still haven't got anything)

Has anyone else not got parents yet either? :frown: I'm starting to become pretty concerned that I may be an orphan...:s-smilie:

I'm Queens' as well (:smile:), and I got a welcome pack a few days ago. It said we'd hear about accommodation / college parents by email 'soon'. Hope this helps!
What is everybody buying for their rooms?
Original post by Cast.Iron

Original post by Cast.Iron
What is everybody buying for their rooms?

Going to wait for my registration pack to come through - to see what I most definitely need as well as what the rooms are like and kitchen facilities. Not sure tbh! Might ask my college parents :tongue:
I'm magdalene college and I got my freshers pack on results day! Which I thought was perfect timing! No college parents yet though!
Original post by oollie
What is Camtools and how do we get an account?

CamTools is like an online network thing, where lecturers upload notes and stuff. There's a John's offer-holders group on there, and I think all Johnian freshers should have received log-on information (possibly just as a guest though). As Dandan said, everyone gets a proper account when they get to Cambridge :smile:

Johnians - your college parents have been emailed your names and should be in touch soon :smile: If they don't contact you before you get up to Cambridge, don't worry, because there's a "Pudding with Parents" event within the first few days to meet them :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
How much pre-reading have people done for PPS??? thankss:smile:
Original post by hopeforlaw
I'm magdalene college and I got my freshers pack on results day! Which I thought was perfect timing! No college parents yet though!

Are you a magd lawyer?
"The Occupier acknowledges the right of the College to enter the
Room at any time for the maintenance, cleaning and servicing of the Room, for
regular inspections and for emergencies."

I resent this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending