The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

ONE ROOM AVAILABLE FOR NEXT YEAR.
10 bedroom student house in Melton Grove, West Bridgeford, NG3 7NX.

5 min walk from bus stop, 10 minutes from ASDA and 10 minutes from the Trent Bridge Inn Wetherspoons.
£69 per week as well as around £15 bills.

It is a gorgeous detatched house with new furnishings such as a new kitchen with self cleaning facilities and 4 bathrooms. All bedrooms are double and the room available is downstairs near to the kitchen, living room and a toilet.
Current tenants are 6 girls and 3 boys - all now second years apart from 1 now in third year.

Please contact me for details! 07795515976 :smile:

Christie xx
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by lambo93

Original post by lambo93
Does it have B00 before your number? :smile:

Erm mine just says Room 095 i think :smile:
after futher thinking, i've narrowed it down between joining the rugby union or american football.

does anybody know how much it is to join the rugby union?
Reply 3203
Original post by katymonty
Hey :smile: I'm going to be a nottingham trent fresher...ive gone through clearing, so im finding it hard to get accommodation. i was looking at victoria halls which sounded good, does any1 have any recommendations? what about Norton court? My campus would be the city centre one...THAANKS :biggrin:

Try mansion student accommodation, i'm in there and it looks really nice :smile:
It also works out cheaper than the uni halls i was looking at, i applied early for the uni halls and couldn't get in at all
It's about a 10 minute walk from the city campus, good luck! :biggrin:
Original post by francistheswole
after futher thinking, i've narrowed it down between joining the rugby union or american football.

does anybody know how much it is to join the rugby union?

You need two very important things, a Sports Membership which will be around £100 but you need that for both, and Speedos to join Rugby Union. They are standardly what you must have. Oh and you'll need stash, but I'm pretty sure they get more funding than American Football as their first team is platinum.

Ask here: NTU Men's Rugby Union Freshers 2011/12 They'll be able to answer any questions you have.
Reply 3205
Original post by laurenh

Original post by laurenh
Hey, I went to Trent last year so am living in a house with second years but am starting a new course so in a similar situation in that I don't know how to meet people to go to freshers events with! add me on facebook? facebook.com/laurenhic , what course are you doing? x

Are you studying at the clifton campus or city? I'm doing childhood studies, you? I've added you on facebook so will probably be easier to talk to you on there because this site is a little confusing!! x
Reply 3206
Original post by jimbles

Original post by jimbles
Wooo that will be a nice birthday present! haha :biggrin:

If it helps, I wouldn't ignore you just cos you're not on campus :biggrin:

Haha Thanks :smile:
Original post by Scorpio2211
You need two very important things, a Sports Membership which will be around £100 but you need that for both, and Speedos to join Rugby Union. They are standardly what you must have. Oh and you'll need stash, but I'm pretty sure they get more funding than American Football as their first team is platinum.

Ask here: NTU Men's Rugby Union Freshers 2011/12 They'll be able to answer any questions you have.

thank you.

i'm staying in sandby which is in the city and studying on clifton which freshers fair do i go to? the clifton or city?
thank you.

i'm staying in sandby which is in the city and studying on clifton which freshers fair do i go to? the clifton or city?

both if you want to, you get more freebies/offers at the city one as its bigger but attend both that way if you miss visiting a society/club at one of them because of big crowds you can check them out at the next one
Original post by babelicious_1986
both if you want to, you get more freebies/offers at the city one as its bigger but attend both that way if you miss visiting a society/club at one of them because of big crowds you can check them out at the next one

yeahh good idea :biggrin:

thanks

you're helpful as ****
yeahh good idea :biggrin:

thanks

you're helpful as ****

no worries, I turned up at clifton and city freshers fairs every year and last year turned up to the brackenhurst one, free rides of dodgems was good. city ones better usually as they have most of the bars/clubs there whereas clifton doesn't half as many of them. watch out for dominoes pizza at both of them too
Original post by lorrybee

Original post by lorrybee
ahhh i'm so excited, just got my unconditional from ntu :biggrin: anyone else doing print journalism?

hey im doing print journalism this year :smile:
thank you.

That my friend is upto you, you can go to all if you want. But I'd suggest City.
Reply 3213
Finally got my last pay - Booked my Train Ticket into Nottingham for the 23rd and paid for my Freshers Wristband!

All I have now is little bits and bobs! Made lists of what I have still to get, what I need to take with me on the friday, and a small list of to do things on the friday! I know, sounds sad, but I like to be organised! lol.

Also, will the uni link bus be running on that day, and will I be able to get it from the train station to clifton campus?
Original post by jimbles
Finally got my last pay - Booked my Train Ticket into Nottingham for the 23rd and paid for my Freshers Wristband!

All I have now is little bits and bobs! Made lists of what I have still to get, what I need to take with me on the friday, and a small list of to do things on the friday! I know, sounds sad, but I like to be organised! lol.

Also, will the uni link bus be running on that day, and will I be able to get it from the train station to clifton campus?

If it is running, there is a stop outside the Train Station to get the uni link bus. However I'd check that first on the bus website- Nottingham City Transport

Chances are you may have to get the 48 (which stops down the road) or the Skylink which stops outside Campus.
Original post by jimbles

Unilink only runs in term time so won't start until 3rd october, so get the skylink from the front of the train station like scorpio said or look for the number 1, which is just down from the station entrance, can't miss all the bus stops and its a big green double decker saying 1 loughborough. both run every half an hour, so will be at the station around 5-10 past the hour and 35-40 mins past. just mention to each driver that you want the uni campus and ask them to let you know when its near the stop, £1.70 a single ticket correct money only!
ARGH cant believe how soon it all is!!!! :O

Anyone on Brackenhurst?
Reply 3217
anyone at Sandby?3rd floor?
I am moving to Nottingham tomorrow. I am scared!!
Reply 3219
Whose moving down on the 23rd? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending