The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Congratulations everyone!

International student here. Does anyone know when we will receive our welcome packs?

I was confirmed on 24th of august and received my Kent ID on the 26th. I still did not get my mail from either the UCAS (AS12 confirmation letter) or the welcome pack from Kent.

I called them today, but apparently today is a Bank holiday. :biggrin:

Im a bit worried though because we are supposed to register on the 17th and 18th September in the Uni and i need the CAS for my visa application.... :s-smilie:

Is there any penalty if a student doesn't make it to the official registration?

Also, international students out there: Should i pay the 1st installment of the fees before applying to visa or after?

Thanks in advance guys, and again congratulations to everyone who got in!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by Kalby
Bit dubious about it taking 30 minutes! I live 30 seconds from Canterbury West and it takes me 14 minutes to get to campus :wink:

Haha when i've walked it before its taken 30 mins, but then again I am a slowish walker and was weighed down with stuff :tongue: shall we say 15-30 mins then, depending on how quick you walk and how much stuff you have :wink:
***** HOUSEMATE NEEDED **********

Room available in a 4 bed house in town centre near blockbuster, police station and ccc. 3 lovely 2nd year ukc girls needing 4th housemate. Male or female housemate welcome. The house is a large victorian house and is perfect for both ccc and ukc students. £75 rent per week - bargain! Email if interested: [email protected]
Reply 1543
Original post by jokesexplained
Just confirmed my room! Bloody expensive though, don't know how I'll eat... what are you studying?

Business, what about you?

& yeah it's sooo expensive
Reply 1544
Original post by The_Count1
Congratulations everyone!

International student here. Does anyone know when we will receive our welcome packs?

I was confirmed on 24th of august and received my Kent ID on the 26th. I still did not get my mail from either the UCAS (AS12 confirmation letter) or the welcome pack from Kent.

I called them today, but apparently today is a Bank holiday. :biggrin:

Im a bit worried though because we are supposed to register on the 17th and 18th September in the Uni and i need the CAS for my visa application.... :s-smilie:

Is there any penalty if a student doesn't make it to the official registration?

Also, international students out there: Should i pay the 1st installment of the fees before applying to visa or after?

Thanks in advance guys, and again congratulations to everyone who got in!

Well the welcome pack is different from the CAS. For the welcome pack I think they are still sending them out and then of course it will take you a little longer to get yours because you live overseas. I am also an international student and have not yet received mine.

As for your CAS, I would highly encourage you to call them tomorrow. It is possible that they may still require things from you (scans of your passport, etc.).
Just a quick question!

I got my letter from Student Finance the other day, and it says my tutiton fees will be paid directly to UKC in two installments - February and May, but on the Uni website it says that at least some of the fees have to be paid on arrival and the rest by Decemeber, and I'm slightly confussed, how am I supposed to pay if SLC haven't given me the money :/

Anyone got any ideas?

EDIT: If the worst comes to it, I could probably scrape my savings together and pay upfront, but wouldn't this mess Student Finance up?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1546
Original post by shootforstars
Just a quick question!

I got my letter from Student Finance the other day, and it says my tutiton fees will be payed directly to UKC in two installments - February and May, but on the Uni website it says that at least some of the fees have to be payed on arrival and the rest by Decemeber, and I'm slightly confussed, how am I supposed to pay if SLC haven't given me the money :/

Anyone got any ideas?

EDIT: If the worst comes to it, I could probably scrape my savings together and pay upfront, but wouldn't this mess Student Finance up?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the dates are different for Student Finances. The dates on the website are for people who are not applying for funding from Student Finance.
Just a quick question!

I got my letter from Student Finance the other day, and it says my tutiton fees will be paid directly to UKC in two installments - February and May, but on the Uni website it says that at least some of the fees have to be paid on arrival and the rest by Decemeber, and I'm slightly confussed, how am I supposed to pay if SLC haven't given me the money :/

Anyone got any ideas?

The dates listed on the website are for the students paying their tuition fees directly to the University privately. For people paying through Student Finance, they make the payments in February and March directly to the University, so you don't have to worry about anything. :smile:
Just a quick question!

Anyone got any ideas?

That's only if you are paying them personally, rather than getting a Tuition Fees loan. Don't worry about it :smile:
Original post by cinnamon442
The dates listed on the website are for the students paying their tuition fees directly to the University privately. For people paying through Student Finance, they make the payments in February and March directly to the University, so you don't have to worry about anything. :smile:

Original post by beffnee
That's only if you are paying them personally, rather than getting a Tuition Fees loan. Don't worry about it :smile:

Thanks, I was so confussed about that since it doesn't actually say anything about SCL company on that page which is what made me panic slighty. I guess I'm just jumpy because Student Finance have messed my loans and grants up. Thanks again though :smile:
You can choose your modules now :smile:
***** HOUSEMATE NEEDED **********

Room available in a 4 bed house in town centre near blockbuster, police station and CCC. 3 lovely 2nd year ukc girls needing 4th housemate. Male or female housemate welcome. The house is a large victorian house and is perfect for both ccc and ukc students. £75 rent per week - bargain! Email if interested: [email protected]
quick qu - i am still waiting for my accommodation offer (got in through clearing)
i enrolled, on my student data base thing, my college is 'eliot' does this mean i will be living there?
Original post by purplestarfish
quick qu - i am still waiting for my accommodation offer (got in through clearing)
i enrolled, on my student data base thing, my college is 'eliot' does this mean i will be living there?

Nope, it just means that's the college you've been assigned to; you can't tell for certain until you're told.
Reply 1554
Where can I check to what college i've been assigned ?
Original post by Tom_Sg
Where can I check to what college i've been assigned ?

If you sign into the SDS and click on "my details" it should be there I think.
Reply 1556
is not.or im blind :/
Original post by Tom_Sg
is not.or im blind :/

Gonna have to be the blind option.
Reply 1558
Name:
Login:
Faculty:
School:
Programme of Study:
Campus:
Stage:
Registration Status:
Study Mode:
Study level:
Tutor:

College ?!
Original post by Tom_Sg
Name:
Login:
Faculty:
School:
Programme of Study:
Campus:
Stage:
Registration Status:
Study Mode:
Study level:
Tutor:

College ?!

Click on "My Record (details of your record)" below that list. Then it will have college as the 10th line between Tutor/Supervisor and Registration Date

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending