The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3400
Anyone else having problem setting up the instalment? It's only giving me the option to pay it in full
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Am I the only one without any confirmation of their accommodation yet?
Reply 3402
Original post by fallout201
Am I the only one without any confirmation of their accommodation yet?

No.
Original post by dmz
Anyone else having problem setting up the instalment? It's only giving me the option to pay it in full

Yeah I am, I just tried to set it up now and it is saying that. Surely we are not too late?
(edited 12 years ago)
accomoffice
x

Hello! Sorry to bother you but, you know how the Accommodation Office says it sometimes gives out minifridges to those who need them on medical grounds? Do you know if I'll get one? :P I wanna know if I need to buy one or not, pretty please with sugar on top ^_^
Reply 3405
how do you chose which slot to arrive in? cant find it on the portal
Reply 3406
Original post by mog21
how do you chose which slot to arrive in? cant find it on the portal

box in top right, third link down. Have to do the e-intro. It's at the end of that
Reply 3407
Original post by Pendrive

Original post by Pendrive
Congratz on getting James Baillie by the way, im guessing it was your choice? :smile:
Anyway they just told me my flat number and room on the phone so I am surprised they didn't do the same for you. But at least you dont have to worry about being put into bad accommodation anymore :biggrin:
What are you studying anyway?

Haha yeah it was my first choice so I'm dead pleased haha ;D And aaah, guess I'm just gonna have to wait for them to email me now, oh welllll. Anyway I'm gonna be studying sociology, never done it before so I hope it's alright haha! What about you?xxx
Reply 3408
Original post by tassie8D

Original post by tassie8D
do you know if the accommodation office is open tomorrow? i really want to know where i'll be living!!

It might not be open today seeing as it's bank holiday, so I'm not sureeeee! Best try ringing them tomorro :wink: But I get how you feel, all my mates had already found out ages ago and I felt pure homeless haha!
Reply 3409
Original post by dmz

yeah i'm having the same problem, how do we resolve it? ;/
Reply 3410
Original post by chjw
yeah i'm having the same problem, how do we resolve it? ;/

probably have to wait?
Reply 3411
Original post by dmz

It worked fine for me when I set it up yesterday.
Reply 3412
Original post by anny11
Haha yeah it was my first choice so I'm dead pleased haha ;D And aaah, guess I'm just gonna have to wait for them to email me now, oh welllll. Anyway I'm gonna be studying sociology, never done it before so I hope it's alright haha! What about you?xxx

I am doing Business management and philosophy joint honours :smile:, i was considering doing sociology instead of philosophy because i had never done it like you, but i stuck with what i know with philosophy :biggrin:
Reply 3413
errmm right this may sound ridiculous but is there anyway of finding out the names of the people in your flat because someone is claiming to be in mine but i don't think they are :confused: not to sound like a complete prat or anything haha
Reply 3414
Original post by RJW193
errmm right this may sound ridiculous but is there anyway of finding out the names of the people in your flat because someone is claiming to be in mine but i don't think they are :confused: not to sound like a complete prat or anything haha

I don't think there is apart from comparing room numbers, as I doubt the accom office would tell you the names of your future flatmates.
Reply 3415
Original post by RJW193

You can't, but don't worry about it, as long as you have proof that you accepted your contract and paid the deposit they're legally obliged to give it to you.

The same thing happened to me, a guy on fb said he had my flat, but he probably either typed it badly or he forgot to pay his deposit after accepting so the university took away the flat and gave it to someone else.
Reply 3416
I can't find much mention of this and I'm getting worried :biggrin: Old Hall, Devonshire?? Saw that it's known as the nunnery, which doesn't sound fun..

I got an offer of self catered at Dev but changed to catered because I'm a massive wimp :wink:
Anyone know anything about Old Hall? Apparently I'm in a 'quiet single sex flat', which sounds like a total rave :mad:

Any info about Old Hall would be much appreciated, I want to know what I've let myself in for :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
So... if we registered to do the eIntro, do we have to re-register when it officially opens on 31st before we can choose electives and such? Or are we just properly registered now? :confused:
Reply 3418
Original post by anny11
It might not be open today seeing as it's bank holiday, so I'm not sureeeee! Best try ringing them tomorro :wink: But I get how you feel, all my mates had already found out ages ago and I felt pure homeless haha!

when did you find out? and what were you given? arrghh!! am i the only one who doesn't know? :s
Reply 3419
Original post by Bella Occhi
So... if we registered to do the eIntro, do we have to re-register when it officially opens on 31st before we can choose electives and such? Or are we just properly registered now? :confused:

All you've done is get your log-on info for the uni's Portal system. You haven't gone throught the registration process yet (which is found on the 'Student Services and Admin' tab of the Portal) so you will need to do this.

Latest