The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WharfedaleTiger
*Swears violently* Do you really think the Seahawks and Cards are going to rely on Kolb and Jackson? Nah, they have to run the ball and I've got there backs...

Kolb is a quality QB! He'll be hitting Fitz all year long. Lynch is finished, he only made one good play last year (indeed an all-time great) but other than that his fantasy numbers were pitiful. I know because I had him on my team. :P
Hanson for Rackers?

Sure :smile:
Original post by paddy__power
Sure :smile:

Sorted. I'll try to work out the trade in a mo.

I have a sad love of ol' Jason.
Sorted. I'll try to work out the trade in a mo.

I have a sad love of ol' Jason.

I don't dislike him and probably would have started him but would prefer Rackers :tongue: Henery could end up being a decent pick though.

Every time I look at my team I like it a little bit less :frown:

Too many injuries and risks.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Hedgeman49
Kolb is a quality QB! He'll be hitting Fitz all year long. Lynch is finished, he only made one good play last year (indeed an all-time great) but other than that his fantasy numbers were pitiful. I know because I had him on my team. :P

Lynch is an odd one-I still think he can do a good job and he has the talent if he puts his foot down. We saw it in the playoffs and we've seen flashes from time to time. If he can put together a run he can be a top 5 RB talent wise.

As I say my picks are basically boom or bust.

Kolb is overrated-he wasn't great last year when he had to fill in for Vick. Not convinced by him at all...
I don't dislike him and probably would have started him but would prefer Rackers :tongue: Henery could end up being a decent pick though.

Every time I look at my team I like it a little bit less :frown:

Too many injuries and risks.

I 'think' I've offered it right to you.

Hanson is just a favourate of mine really-21 odd years with the Lions and still going strong. If he wasn't with the Lions he'd probably be a HoF candidate.

Hanson is just a favourate of mine really-21 odd years with the Lions and still going strong. If he wasn't with the Lions he'd probably be a HoF candidate.

I have no idea how to check.

You offered me Scobee....
I want to join a second league but can't for the life of me work out how to :facepalm2:
totally missed the draft. had a playoff game yesterday and was knackered...sorry! but i'll still be on week after week and won't be one of those guys that never changes their team..

time to look at my draft.
edit: oh wow not bad at all..realise i may have inadvertently drafted people's preferred players, so..open to trades!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by georgegabriel
totally missed the draft. had a playoff game yesterday and was knackered...sorry! but i'll still be on week after week and won't be one of those guys that never changes their team..

Autopick tends to do okay I think.

Good luck :tongue:

edit: oh wow not bad at all..realise i may have inadvertently drafted people's preferred players, so..open to trades!

Who are you on there?
What's the difference between NFL MVP and Offensive Player Of The Year? There's an article about NFL.com's writers and their predictions for the year. 5/6 of them said Aaron Rodgers would be the NFL MVP but only 1 of those predicted he would be Offensive Player Of The Year. Surely, if he's the NFL MVP, he has to be OPOTY?
Original post by Scott129
What's the difference between NFL MVP and Offensive Player Of The Year? There's an article about NFL.com's writers and their predictions for the year. 5/6 of them said Aaron Rodgers would be the NFL MVP but only 1 of those predicted he would be Offensive Player Of The Year. Surely, if he's the NFL MVP, he has to be OPOTY?

Offensive player of the year tends to be more about numbers, and MVP tends to be more about how much that player helped their team.
Who are you on there?

Steel-ing the win :wink:
Steel-ing the win :wink:

You're in my division :holmes:
Original post by Scott129

MVP is about individual value to that team's success.

OPOTY is about numbers and how crazy one guys stats are.

For example, if Andre Johnson caught 120 balls for 1800 yards and 20 TDs he would likely get OPOTY. However, if another texans receiver had 90 balls for 1100 yards and 10 TD's, as well as Arian Foster rushing for 1500 yards and 15 touchdowns, that would likely negate the chances of Johnson getting MVP, because the Texans got a lot of value out of other players.

Tom Brady for example, is far more likely to get MVP, because he transforms the Patriots from an 8-8 / 9-7 team to a 13 -3 / 14-2 superbowl contender...
Just did a practice draft:

QB: Vick, Fitzpatrick
RB: Jones-Drew, D Williams, F Jackson, T Hightower
WR: D Jackson, Boldin, S Rice, Henderson, Knox
TE: Winslow, Lewis
K: Henery
D: Saints

Pretty happy tbh, I want to swap for the team I got in our draft :tongue: :yes:
Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

I have searched for a league I want to join (searched the name exactly) but it didn't come up so I went on to its page but couldn't see any "join this league" button or anything. Apparently I can join 6 so that shouldn't be a problem. :frown:
You offered me Scobee....

****-hit the wrong button. Will try again.

Latest