The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Username:vakanuvis
Subject:PPE
GCSE: None since I'm an overseas applicant
AS: Maths, Further Maths, History, Geography.
College: Possibly Open application
Is there any point to this thread as opposed to the Oxford Applicants for 2012 Entry thread? :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by vakanuvis
Username:vakanuvis
Subject:PPE
GCSE: None since I'm an overseas applicant
AS: Maths, Further Maths, History, Geography.
College: Possibly Open application

Hooray more PPE applicants (I'm not one, but there are loads)

Proceeding to get off internet/seat and do TSA. hopefully
Original post by punctuation

If I become a Computer Science and Philosophy applicant, then I'm a bit like the PPEists :-o
Original post by anyone_can_fly
Even if I did, my school wouldn't get round to sending it off until 14 October. They only mentioned UCAS for the first time this week. There hasn't even been a mention of PSs yet. We don't have very many Oxbridge/medicine applicants, and I think they normally just let us figure it out ourselves. Of course, in November/December we'll have nothing but UCAS talks. :colonhash:

No, and they can't see your bands either. But you can get them in your reference if you want. :smile:

edit
(edited 12 years ago)

Well, rather than do anything sensible like that, my irritation with the zillion GCSE threads has produced this:

It's obviously far too small a sample size, (and TSR may not be at all representative either), and it's just of applicants, not acceptances, but it can reassure people about not being the only ones with X A*s, and it's quite fun. :smile:

Oh, the joys of procrastination! I didn't even do GCSEs! :biggrin:

****! I messed up the formatting! All the numbers are one higher than they should be! No-one had 15, and the lowest is one.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Albertine
My school are exactly the same. I love when my teachers think they know absolutely everything about Oxbridge, when really they are just churning out the same old cliches :rolleyes:

That's good. Thanks :smile:

Seriously, our school mentioned Oxbridge once - to tell people planning to apply about an 'Oxbridge Conference' in Edinburgh. They haven't even encouraged people to consider it, or explained about the application process or anything. Meanwhile, we've had hour-long talks and prospectuses handed out from Edinburgh Napier twice. :hmpf:
Seriously, our school mentioned Oxbridge once - to tell people planning to apply about an 'Oxbridge Conference' in Edinburgh. They haven't even encouraged people to consider it, or explained about the application process or anything. Meanwhile, we've had hour-long talks and prospectuses handed out from Edinburgh Napier twice. :hmpf:

Lol, there was one of those in Lisburn in April, which I missed because I slept in and missed the bus :ashamed2:
Original post by medbh4805
Lol, there was one of those in Lisburn in April, which I missed because I slept in and missed the bus :ashamed2:

Don't worry, if it was the same as ours all you missed were a few repeats of information on the website and the chance to ogle private schools' uniforms. I don't think anything new was said.
Reply 5009
So, when are the Oxford pre-interview exams, then? :u:

Oh if it just weren't so hard... I still have to do some homework and it's half 10 but I just can't get off the computer :biggrin: Ah damn it!!!
Original post by Groat

I think they are all on November 2nd. At least the TSA and the MAT. I don't know about the others but I suppose they are all on the same date :u:
Reply 5012
Original post by nightmare91
I think they are all on November 2nd. At least the TSA and the MAT. I don't know about the others but I suppose they are all on the same date :u:

Ah, plenty of time to prepare then! :sexface:
Original post by Groat

Yea but the difficult part is to actually do something for them. Next to school work it is hard to find time for it. I usually only do something on the weekends. But in less than 5 weeks I'll have 2 weeks of vacation; that should help! :u:
Original post by Groat

2 November and ssssh. :ninja:
Original post by Groat
Preparation? They're aptitude tests, there's no need to prepare.... :wink:
Reply 5016
Original post by nightmare91
Yea but the difficult part is to actually do something for them. Next to school work it is hard to find time for it. I usually only do something on the weekends. But in less than 5 weeks I'll have 2 weeks of vacation; that should help! :u:

That sounds good. Would you interview here in the UK? :u:

2 November and ssssh. :ninja:

Ah, I'm just a Cambridge applicant making you all worried, I'm sorry. :colondollar:

Original post by fluteflute
Preparation? They're aptitude tests, there's no need to prepare.... :wink:

Take that attitude and you'll be beaten by those who aren't as intelligent as you, but who prepared a lot. Better to be safe than sorry!
Original post by Groat
Take that attitude and you'll be beaten by those who aren't as intelligent as you, but who prepared a lot. Better to be safe than sorry!
Ah I know. It would be foolish not to do the past papers, at the very least to get an idea of timings, and reading the answers to get the style.

I actually <3 the MAT though, it's good fun :biggrin:
Reply 5018
Original post by fluteflute
Ah I know. It would be foolish not to do the past papers, at the very least to get an idea of timings, and reading the answers to get the style.

I actually <3 the MAT though, it's good fun :biggrin:

I hear that Oxford's offer this year is A*A*A for Maths (if you're taking Further Maths!). That's crazy!

Although by looking at your signature, getting an offer will pretty much guarantee you're going there. :colondollar:
Original post by Groat
I hear that Oxford's offer this year is A*A*A for Maths (if you're taking Further Maths!). That's crazy!

Although by looking at your signature, getting an offer will pretty much guarantee you're going there. :colondollar:

Or if you're Scottish, AAB. :u:

Latest

Trending

Trending