University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter Nerd Culture?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Axavil
OMG!
I love u guys :love:

exeter is gonnna be so cool!

I'm not going to university, I'm slightly to young, yet I make up for age in nerdiness
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 21
Original post by Axavil
psychology!
and here's the nerdy bit!

ive wanted to do psychology since i was little cuz i always wanted telepathy as a superpower :love:

That is actually really awesome :tongue:

I'm doing maths because I wanted to be like-...
Damn, what the hell sort of superpower can you get with maths? :tardis: :tardis:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by NW-CG

Damn, what the hell sort of superpower can you get with maths? :tardis: :tardis:

a doctor who superpower? :bunny::bunny2:
thatd be so cool!
Original post by NW-CG

My day has been made now I've found out that there's a TARDIS smiley on this forum.

/nerd :wink:
Reply 24
Original post by Axavil
a doctor who superpower? :bunny::bunny2:
thatd be so cool!

On my course and you like doctor who? Please be my friend? haha
Reply 25
Original post by pheegee
On my course and you like doctor who? Please be my friend? haha

Me thinks we're pretty much all Doctor Who fans on this thread! :smile:

You should see my sonic screwdriver :colone:

And... No... That really isn't a euphemism :hi:
Reply 26
I have a sonic screwdriver/UV message pen from the Doctor Who exhibit in Cardiff, the pen has stopped working but I still believe it is one of the best toys ever. :tardis:
Original post by pheegee
I have a sonic screwdriver/UV message pen from the Doctor Who exhibit in Cardiff, the pen has stopped working but I still believe it is one of the best toys ever. :tardis:

I have that! And two TARDISes (what's the plural of TARDIS?) and a small 11th Doctor's Screwdriver, not to mention the embarrassing amount of books/reference books/box sets.

I vote to change the name of this thread to the Doctor Appreciation Club. :wink: :tardis:
Reply 28
Original post by Banana_Llama
I have that! And two TARDISes (what's the plural of TARDIS?) and a small 11th Doctor's Screwdriver, not to mention the embarrassing amount of books/reference books/box sets.

I vote to change the name of this thread to the Doctor Appreciation Club. :wink: :tardis:

I Ditto that!

Oh, and I believe, somewhere, someone said the plural was TARDII...
Although I'm starting to think they were having me on :tongue:

And I think that answer's Axavil's question!
Exeter has one hell of an awesome Nerd Culture :biggrin:
Reply 29
I reckon it's just TARDIS as a plural too, like sheep or fish. Because you can't exactly say "Look at all the Time And Relative Dimensions In Spaces" can you? That'd just be silly.
Original post by NW-CG
I Ditto that!

Oh, and I believe, somewhere, someone said the plural was TARDII...
Although I'm starting to think they were having me on :tongue:

And Pokemon too! The nerdiness! It's leaking! :wink:

Original post by pheegee
I reckon it's just TARDIS as a plural too, like sheep or fish. Because you can't exactly say "Look at all the Time And Relative Dimensions In Spaces" can you? That'd just be silly.

That's true. Silly of me to even suggest.

"Look at all those TARDIS next to those sheep."

Yep. Sounds right.
Reply 31
Original post by pheegee

I'm sure Jim the Fish would be willing to clarify, as we're on the subject of sea creatures :biggrin:
When's the next flight to Easter Island!

Yeah, it most likely is either TARDIS or TARDISes... Because TARDsIS, although more accurate, just looks plain wrong :jacko:

TARDII :rolleyes:
Blimey, I can be so gullible sometimes... Which I can't use that word any more, apparently, as it's been taken out of the Dictionary :eek:
:crazy:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 32
This is hilarious. What did you guys think of the last episode?
Original post by pheegee
This is hilarious. What did you guys think of the last episode?

Torchwood > Dr Who
Reply 34
Torchwood has gone a bit insane. I still like it but its less light hearted now. Before it had all these massive story lines but then it had little really jokey scenes, this series seems to lack that.
Last episode of Doctor Who: I feel it's slowly returning to the amazing series it used to be. The first part of this series wasn't fantastic (apart from the Neil Gaiman TARDIS episode - much squee there) and Gillan is starting to grate on me. I enjoyed this episode more and I hope it continues to get back to it's peak, though he's no David Tennant/Christopher Eccleston. "Right. Hitler, let's put you in a cupboard. Hitler. In the cupboard." :biggrin:

As for Torchwood - it's not Torchwood anymore, in my opinion. Maybe that's partly due to me thinking it was over after the last 5-part series, but it just feels like it's taking itself far too seriously and spreading out a story that could take 1-2 hours to tell. :frown:
Reply 36
Ive never liked Amy, but I do have a soft spot for Rory and I quite like the way they interact. Im genuinely scared for the next episode though, the trailer really freaked me out. Good old fashioned "hiding behind a cushion" Doctor Who.
Original post by pheegee
Ive never liked Amy, but I do have a soft spot for Rory and I quite like the way they interact. Im genuinely scared for the next episode though, the trailer really freaked me out. Good old fashioned "hiding behind a cushion" Doctor Who.

Same - it's like she becomes more likeable when Rory's around. Or not as loud. :biggrin:

And yes! Doll faces. Could you get any creepier? Apart from certain angels of course...
Reply 38
OP needs secondary school again.
Reply 39
Original post by XRi
OP needs secondary school again.

what the hell is that supposed to mean?
i was just wondering if exeter had some nerdy people which is cool, and they obv do :smile:
Why do i need secondary school again!

Quick Reply

Latest