The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Penguinsaysquack
It needs doing at some point else the women at BATL might think you're off limits! (though not sure if that will help or hinder you :tongue:)

There's no trying about it. You're a BATL fresher. You are not allowed to be anything less than awesome or we'll make you become a dentist :mwuaha:

True it will need to be done at some point I just really can't be bothered right now :rofl:

Not a dentist :ninja: the chat on the barts facebook group is crazy :tongue:
Original post by a moist feeling
True it will need to be done at some point I just really can't be bothered right now :rofl:

Not a dentist :ninja: the chat on the barts facebook group is crazy :tongue:

Ok man, whenever you're ready. Just see that you do prior to being a player at uni. We will make you a player and remember Emily has plans for you :tongue:

Isn't it just.. View all 104 previous comments :zomg:
Ok man, whenever you're ready. Just see that you do prior to being a player at uni. We will make you a player and remember Emily has plans for you :tongue:

Isn't it just.. View all 104 previous comments :zomg:

Yeh, I don't really ever think I will be a player to be honest :erm: but I am looking forward to hearing Emily's plans for me to be honest :tongue: I am genuinely intrigued :rofl:

On the actual chat for the group :tongue: it is good fun :h:
Original post by joemullally
to anyone else who was in that discussion lol.
We broke up today, to give her a fair chance so she's not teary during freshers,
How's things with you guys?

Ah that sucks love, how did she take it though? Atleast you know and feel like you're doing the best thing for the both of you, even if it feels like itll take ages to overcome in the long run, hugs :smile:
Mine is good, once all my friends go off to uni though i'm proclaiming myself officially alone other than wor bf D:

This year will be a challenge for defying loneliness

Original post by twelve
Hmm, things are really good between me and my boyfriend, and I'm getting excited about uni for him. Somehow it hasn't quite hit me that all this preparation means that he's leaving and I'll barely see him.

Ohh dearr, too many breakups at the moment! Are you fine about it now then?

Just saw that my hamster is dead :frown: I hadn't even got time to get properly attached to her, but she was MINE, and the first pet I'd ever had. I'd only had her for a few months! We think she was ill :/
How the hell am I going to look after patients if I can't even look after a bloody hamster?!

Haha awh bless your hamster! i went on holiday a few years ago and left my hamster with my best friend and it died while i was away.... that was awkward. Don't worry though, getting >700 on your ukcat means you're amazing at looking after patients and may as well be given your mbbs now :wink:

Good about you two :smile: you must be all ecited for him! all my friends are going uni clothes shoppiung so ive taken it upon myself to get some new clothes and pretend its because im also going to uni and everything is exciting... when its not really..... mmmh
but hey, ive chosen all my unis now :woo: Just need to get the PS finished and stuff D:

Original post by Quackers93
At least we've all got each others company on here :smile: If it weren't for tsr and the very few friends I have remaining, it'd just be me and some of the nice old biddies from the British Heart :tongue:

Hope things improve for you guys! And don't worry, before long you'll have all the fun of filling in the ucas form again to take you minds off things :biggrin: :tongue:

Hahaha i use to volunteer in barnardos and me and the grannies were like this *crosses fingers*. They've gotta love you when you drink as much tea as i do :wink:

Dont remind me of the ucas form D: I still need to do my PS, its like bloody exams all over again and i just get distracted over the littles things ?!?!#

Finding out if i got the job tomorrow! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

It'd be nice if i got it....
Reply 3284
Woah just saw this thread now:biggrin: *subscribes*
Got my 4 rejections:frown: so how is everyone doing as far as reapplying is concerned?
Reply 3285
Original post by laurenl93

but hey, ive chosen all my unis now :woo: Just need to get the PS finished and stuff D:

Hahaha i use to volunteer in barnardos and me and the grannies were like this *crosses fingers*. They've gotta love you when you drink as much tea as i do :wink:

Dont remind me of the ucas form D: I still need to do my PS, its like bloody exams all over again and i just get distracted over the littles things ?!?!#

Finding out if i got the job tomorrow! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

It's a bit scary that people are starting back at school and I still haven't had any interviews or hopes of starting a job!! I might have to start a bar job soon while I find one :s-smilie: It would be nice to actually have a gap year plan in my personal statement :tongue:

So true, so true :moon:

I still need to do my ps... I'm just waiting for something to happen to put on it, as so far there is no change from last year which isnt great :frown: Although on saturday i start volunteering in A&E where my college was :biggrin: It'll probably just be cups of tea and being the nurses slaves running around but hey! I'll got my fingers crossed to see something interesting! I'm like that! I came on here to look at ukcat videos on youtube and somehow ended up on here and facebook... how did that happen :O

Good luck with the job! hope you get it :smile: Oh and where have you decided on?
Ah that sucks love, how did she take it though? Atleast you know and feel like you're doing the best thing for the both of you, even if it feels like itll take ages to overcome in the long run, hugs :smile:
Mine is good, once all my friends go off to uni though i'm proclaiming myself officially alone other than wor bf D:

she took it well, we knew we were gonna split if we went to diff uni's this time last year, we talked about it and stuff but just never thought it would happen.

My mates having a leaving do tonight because he's going back for second year (well first year again, needs to sort out his house, long story)
So yeah P+P tonight should be fun, work tommorow not soo much.

I hope you get good news about the HCA job tommorow, good luck.
So true, so true :moon:

I still need to do my ps... I'm just waiting for something to happen to put on it, as so far there is no change from last year which isnt great :frown: Although on saturday i start volunteering in A&E where my college was :biggrin: It'll probably just be cups of tea and being the nurses slaves running around but hey! I'll got my fingers crossed to see something interesting! I'm like that! I came on here to look at ukcat videos on youtube and somehow ended up on here and facebook... how did that happen :O

Good luck with the job! hope you get it :smile: Oh and where have you decided on?

They closed your college and opened an A+E?

You must have been an exceptional year.

On my work experience last year htough, I did one afternoon in A+E and I loved it.

Got to see a partial amputation, a mini stroke and a great example of a doctor communicating with an autistic child who had a broken leg, it was like all the communication barriers at once (child, autism and patient in pain teary and such).
But yeah, it seemed frantic but really interesting.
(edited 12 years ago)
Just managed to read the last 2.5weeks of posts on this thread :biggrin: Been on hols and working FT to earn a living. Making me a dull boy..... Hope your all well.
They closed your college and opened an A+E?

You must have been an exceptional year.

On my work experience last year htough, I did one afternoon in A+E and I loved it.

Got to see a partial amputation, a mini stroke and a great example of a doctor communicating with an autistic child who had a broken leg, it was like all the communication barriers at once (child, autism and patient in pain teary and such).
But yeah, it seemed frantic but really interesting.

If only! I'd never have left if it had :tongue: Nah just in same town, although it is a hop, skip and a jump away... plus a few minutes walk :tongue: I wanted to go to A&E but they were to busy the whole week I was there :frown:

Ah I'm jealous! That's a great thing to write about in your personal statement! My careers advisor would have loved you, she'd always rant and rave about getting across stuff about communcation and how its a very important part :smile: Hopefully I'll get to see something good :smile:
If only! I'd never have left if it had :tongue: Nah just in same town, although it is a hop, skip and a jump away... plus a few minutes walk :tongue: I wanted to go to A&E but they were to busy the whole week I was there :frown:

Ah I'm jealous! That's a great thing to write about in your personal statement! My careers advisor would have loved you, she'd always rant and rave about getting across stuff about communcation and how its a very important part :smile: Hopefully I'll get to see something good :smile:

I havn't written about it but i'll bring it up at interview.
But yeah, grand.

Hop sip and a jump ey?

You a tripple jumper or something?
Can anyone tell me whether Nottingham Med School don't even consider re-applicants? As I have heard that they don't from a someone.
Reply 3292
Sweet =)
Original post by Limesasquatch
Can anyone tell me whether Nottingham Med School don't even consider re-applicants? As I have heard that they don't from a someone.

Reapplicants (people who got the grades): Absolutely fine with it. We've got a couple reapplicants on here that got offers from Nottingham this year. You might have heard of a user named Beska :tongue:

Resitters (people that are taking another year in order to get AAA): "We only consider re-sit candidates if they have already applied to us, and there are genuine extenuating circumstances which have affected their performance at A-level."
Reply 3294
got aabb for A levels, planning on resitiing chem to make A.
Suggestions for gap year? :smile:
Reapplicants (people who got the grades): Absolutely fine with it. We've got a couple reapplicants on here that got offers from Nottingham this year. You might have heard of a user named Beska :tongue:

Resitters (people that are taking another year in order to get AAA): "We only consider re-sit candidates if they have already applied to us, and there are genuine extenuating circumstances which have affected their performance at A-level."

Thanks for your help, and luckily I'm the former I suppose. Yes, of course I've heard of beska :tongue:
Reply 3296

Haha awh bless your hamster! i went on holiday a few years ago and left my hamster with my best friend and it died while i was away.... that was awkward. Don't worry though, getting >700 on your ukcat means you're amazing at looking after patients and may as well be given your mbbs now :wink:

Good about you two :smile: you must be all ecited for him! all my friends are going uni clothes shoppiung so ive taken it upon myself to get some new clothes and pretend its because im also going to uni and everything is exciting... when its not really..... mmmh

Haha, yayyy. Who needs a personal statement now!!?!

Hmm, I'm thinking a clothes shopping trip would be nice :biggrin: Ooo, which ones have you chosen?

And... did you get it? did you get it?
Is anyone else being asked to log in at this web address for Newcastle Med School?
https://mbbs.ncl.ac.uk
What does it mean? (if, that is, you have the same problem)

Original post by twelve

And... did you get it? did you get it?

This. :biggrin:
I hope you got it.
I havn't written about it but i'll bring it up at interview.
But yeah, grand.

Hop sip and a jump ey?

You a tripple jumper or something?

Hell to the no! (I have scrubs in my head :cool:) I was always the idiot who'd hop, skip and trip :frown: It's probably a good thing I'm going to A&E :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending