The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2480
Original post by Nut.
I'm confused :colondollar:
I don't get how I'm supposed to select modules. Is it on Portal? I've gone to the "academic" tag, then to School of History and School of Political etc. (I'm studying History and Politics) but I can't select any modules as far as I can see, and there isn't anything telling me what to do...
According to the link on the UEA website (http://www.uea.ac.uk/his/courses/ba-history-and-politics#profile) I need to choose 2 modules out of 5 for Option A.

Sorry to ask you this, it's just that you seem to know what you're doing :tongue: Don't worry if you can't help!

Instructions are here http://www.uea.ac.uk/hum/new-students/ugstudents/ugjoininstruc/2011+Joinging+Instructions+PSI and here http://www.uea.ac.uk/hum/new-students/ugstudents/ugjoininstruc/2011+Joinging+Instructions+HIS. They appear to be the same for both schools; they have to be completed by the 9th sept, and you have to complete the form in the links I posted (page 8) and post it to them. The info about the modules is all on the link you've already found :smile: I believe you have to pick one semester 1 module and one semester 2, though you can email them to confirm this.

xxx
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2481
everyone else seems to be talking about selecting optinal moduels before they go - i've read all of the info for new students and my school doesn't mention anything about this , so do all new students have to select optinal moduels before they go or do students from some schools select them later???
im doing meteorology and oceanography (Enviromental sciences) thanks in advance to anyone that can help
Original post by Sail2011
everyone else seems to be talking about selecting optinal moduels before they go - i've read all of the info for new students and my school doesn't mention anything about this , so do all new students have to select optinal moduels before they go or do students from some schools select them later???
im doing meteorology and oceanography (Enviromental sciences) thanks in advance to anyone that can help

I haven't heard anything either, I'm part of the ENV school too. I was worrying too lol but as it isn't just me I guess we don't have to worry about it, or we would have been told like other schools have. Then again I'm thinking as the optional modules are the maths and chem modules which are tiered (think theyre the same for your course too), they automatically place us in the module that is suited to our ability? As I haven't done Alevel maths or chemistry I can't take Earth Chemical Processes II, so I'd be in Processes 1 automatically. As it's based on my qualifications it doesn't require me making a decision if that makes sense. It's just a guess though.

and yay another environmental student! :tongue:

Original post by UEAAccommodation
Depends on the house you have been allocated to. There are 4 Accommodation Co-ordinators here (I'm just one of them) and we all manage our own groups. It's possible that whoever is doing yours is a little behind (we've been quite busy lately!).

Ahhh I see, thank you!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2483
Original post by kpwxx
Instructions are here http://www.uea.ac.uk/hum/new-students/ugstudents/ugjoininstruc/2011+Joinging+Instructions+PSI and here http://www.uea.ac.uk/hum/new-students/ugstudents/ugjoininstruc/2011+Joinging+Instructions+HIS. They appear to be the same for both schools; they have to be completed by the 9th sept, and you have to complete the form in the links I posted (page 8) and post it to them. The info about the modules is all on the link you've already found :smile: I believe you have to pick one semester 1 module and one semester 2, though you can email them to confirm this.

xxx

Thanks very much!! :smile:
Just a quick question - why aren't the flat/room numbers allocated in the email? How is this confirmed when you arrive at the uni on the day? thanksss :smile:
p.s i'm in britten housee
Original post by xx glitterpixie xx
Just a quick question - why aren't the flat/room numbers allocated in the email? How is this confirmed when you arrive at the uni on the day? thanksss :smile:
p.s i'm in britten housee

Because at this stage we still move people around the buildings to help with the mix of students. It wouldn't be helpful to tell you where you are at the moment as it could change.
Because at this stage we still move people around the buildings to help with the mix of students. It wouldn't be helpful to tell you where you are at the moment as it could change.

oh i see. Thanks for your help!
hi, what should my "term time address" be? I assume the address for the UEA?
Original post by High As A Kite

hi, what should my "term time address" be? I assume the address for the UEA?

If you'rea talking about the address for registration, just leave it blank/your home time address and UEA updates it automatically iirc :smile:
also, regarding the address of our accommodation, does anyone know for sure what the abbreviation is for the school of literature with creative writing?
Reply 2490
Original post by xx glitterpixie xx
also, regarding the address of our accommodation, does anyone know for sure what the abbreviation is for the school of literature with creative writing?

It's 'LIT' :smile:
Original post by BethanW
My boyfriend made me skip lunch so he could go and queue for Darkness tickets the day they went on sale, I was not impressed :biggrin:

I had two optional modules, one a semester, but they'll all be compulsary for you because you're joint honours.

In your first semester, you won't actually read a lot of full novels - it's mostly extracts and scraps of different bits and pieces to get you used to talking about and analysing literature. We read one novel for Lit in History called New Grub Street and I did Kafka's The Trial in Reading Texts, but in that module it's completely down to your tutor so who knows what you'll do. My optional module was novel based, but obviously you'll do CW instead!

2nd semester is in some ways lot more focussed on individual novels. In Lit in History 2 we read Lolita, Carmen, Pig, This Sporting Life, Mrs Dalloway and New Grub Street, (again!) as well as some short stories. For Reading Texts 2 you'll do a lot of work on literary thoeries and each seminar group was also given a novel - we did Moby Dick - and a theoretical text like Freud or Auerbach.

My optional module was Writing Texts which is extract based so there was no major titles to read.

Hope that helps!

OMG Kafka! :love: Thank you so much! Oooh I'm getting excited now! The course seems so brilliant! When do you get to do the Children's Literature module? Is that in the second year?

Yep, sorry, we don't work weekends or on bank holidays. We're (I mean the UEA as a whole) back in now though!

About 30. Not a massive house but you will probably get to know everyone.

Thank you! :awesome: How many people per flat? 6? :colondollar:
me too!

Me three!
Yay! Just got a link to the Village Fresher's Group on Facebook! Good thing I reactivated my account!
Reply 2494
Anyone who got a place through clearing got accommodation yet??
got my 1st choice constable terrace was well happy then i realised 7 days after the offer the acceptance offer i sent was blank (i.e. no name or student number) whoops i sent it 7 days after i got my offer with all the required will this matter?

my excuse was i was on holiday at the time and only had an iphone with poor 3g coverage to see my emails :P
Reply 2496
Original post by makingamemory
I haven't heard anything either, I'm part of the ENV school too. I was worrying too lol but as it isn't just me I guess we don't have to worry about it, or we would have been told like other schools have. Then again I'm thinking as the optional modules are the maths and chem modules which are tiered (think theyre the same for your course too), they automatically place us in the module that is suited to our ability? As I haven't done Alevel maths or chemistry I can't take Earth Chemical Processes II, so I'd be in Processes 1 automatically. As it's based on my qualifications it doesn't require me making a decision if that makes sense. It's just a guess though.

and yay another environmental student! :tongue:

Well so long as its not me being really blonde or something lol and yh that was kinda what i was thinking that its not really a decision, more based on what youve studied at 6th form but everyone else was on about it so thought id best check :s-smilie:

and yh - ur the first one ive met :biggrin: What accomodation have you got?
Reply 2497
Does anyone know the abbreviation for the norwich business schools accounting and finance degree?
Original post by Sail2011
Well so long as its not me being really blonde or something lol and yh that was kinda what i was thinking that its not really a decision, more based on what youve studied at 6th form but everyone else was on about it so thought id best check :s-smilie:

and yh - ur the first one ive met :biggrin: What accomodation have you got?

Well if that's the case I'm blonde too sister lol and i've taken it a step further and tried to justify my blondness. Nah I'm sure we would have been told on the page if we had to pick our modules.

There are two others on here who are part of ENV, we're hidden in the sea of LIT students haha. I'm in Courtyard-A, uni. village, you?
Reply 2499
Original post by rinxyd
Does anyone know the abbreviation for the norwich business schools accounting and finance degree?

Your school abbreviation is NBS :smile:
xxx

Latest

Trending

Trending