The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wednesday Bass
Not that I'm aware of (unless things have changed from last year). But note that you will have to pay hall subs when you move in - these pay for loads of freshers stuff and the upkeep of the common room (or at least Butler Court's were), and they also vary from hall to hall. Butler were fairly lenient with payment of subs though - I think there were still a few people that hadn't paid at Christmas - but I'm not sure what other halls are like.

On the Loughborough website hall sub is £100, is ths the same price wherever your accomodation is? I am in Telford.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 921
Original post by sweetmango
On the Loughborough website hall sub is £100, is ths the same price wherever your accomodation is? I am in Telford.

Bummer. Bill mo is £75
Original post by sweetmango

No, it's different for each hall.
It varies by hall. It's also higher for freshers than for returners. £100 sounds high, I assume that's one of the most expensive.
Reply 924
I don't know if this had already been asked but I can't seem to find it anywhere. When do we find out our term time address? I wanna be able to speak to the people I'll be living with! I know that friends going to other unis are doing this already.
Original post by BonaSwirl
I don't know if this had already been asked but I can't seem to find it anywhere. When do we find out our term time address? I wanna be able to speak to the people I'll be living with! I know that friends going to other unis are doing this already.

You won't find out your address or who you're living with until you get there.
Reply 926
Ahhh okay, never mind! Thanks
Original post by BonaSwirl
Ahhh okay, never mind! Thanks

You should be able to find a few people in your hall or on your course through the Loughborough Freshers Facebook page.
Hall subs last year in Harry French were £60 freshers and £45 returners; I paid mine before I went in first year but didn't bother in second year and only paid it in about April when I was hassled by the committee and threatened with fines. £45 is a complete rip-off for returners as you don't actually get anything out of it; only those in the sport sec clique get to play IMS for the hall.

Hopefully new committee will be different for this year.
Reply 929
From what time can you usually move into your room? I've got a date to move in, but not a time!

I am in BillMo, and the freshers sub is £75. However other halls, such as Rutherford I've seen, have a separate cost for Freshers week and Hall Subs which equals £90 in total. Does that mean that Billmo's cost includes both hall sub and freshers week or is that too good to be true?!

Thanks in advance x
Original post by tom29whu
From what time can you usually move into your room? I've got a date to move in, but not a time!

You'll be able to turn up pretty much any time. I seem to remember I could book a time last year, I think the times were from about 8am to 6pm or you could say that you'd be coming earlier or later. I'm fairly sure that hall receptions (where you'll pick up your room keys/student ID) are open Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm so it's probably best to turn up between those hours.
Reply 932
Original post by tom29whu

I'm not sure about anywhere else, but bill mo is 9-4 and you have 30mins to unload car before taking it somwhere else
Original post by Rachel_Leah
I am in BillMo, and the freshers sub is £75. However other halls, such as Rutherford I've seen, have a separate cost for Freshers week and Hall Subs which equals £90 in total. Does that mean that Billmo's cost includes both hall sub and freshers week or is that too good to be true?!

Thanks in advance x

Freshers sub for Bill Mo should be for the whole year
Original post by Phobia27
Freshers sub for Bill Mo should be for the whole year

still havent received any registration email or comfirmation that i have paid for my room bond? should i email adminssions again on wednesday?
Original post by IanLim93
still havent received any registration email or comfirmation that i have paid for my room bond? should i email adminssions again on wednesday?

Checked junk mail, etc? Yeah no harm in asking to make sure.
Reply 936
Hey :smile: Just wondering whether someone could play in the recreational sports if they were not on campus - i.e. living in Kingfisher Halls? I've heard of the inter-mural sport competitions (between the halls of residences) and everything but wondered whether off-campus people can get involved somehow? Any help would be great, thanks!
Reply 937
Does anyone know how parking permits are allocated for the unite halls (HF); is it through the security office or the hall warden?
Original post by BigV
Does anyone know how parking permits are allocated for the unite halls (HF); is it through the security office or the hall warden?

Through the security office.

First years can't get them unless they have exceptional circumstances, such as a medical reason, meaning that they require a car.
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Through the security office.

First years can't get them unless they have exceptional circumstances, such as a medical reason, meaning that they require a car.

They say that, but I know a few first years who had cars in halls this year.

Latest

Trending

Trending