The Student Room Group

Interview at Greggs on Saturday...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by Dekota-XS
Thanks for that :biggrin:

I looked on there now, is it the assistant manger job people here are applying to? Preferably need a permanent job.

You are welcome :biggrin:

When you click the APPLY NOW button, you have the 4 options:
Store manager
Assitant manager
Senior team member
Team member

Just click on whichever one interests you and apply :biggrin:

You will have to read the whole thread to get an idea of what everyone is applying for. Most are students so i guess TEAM MEMBER ROLES ^_^
Yeah so I finally managed to get my contracted hours and the last few weeks have been fine, but next week I only have 2 shifts totalling 13 hours.

Shall I finally complain to someone higher up? :s: It's breach of my contract surely?
I went for my interview at Greggs last week and got the job :biggrin:

It is sooo easy and the women who interviewed me was lovely so was more like a conversation with a friend than an interview.

She asks the questions from a sheet of paper so not really that difficult and gives you time to answer them.

Questions i can remember where :

1. Tell me about a time you have worked as a team and what you done?
2. What are the types of customers you have dealt with? (elderly,students etc)

Then there was a short maths test (EASY) just like how much change would you give from a £10 note if the customer has spent £4.85 etc

Remember to take you photocopies of passport and NI. Other than that there isn't much i can tell you as it was my easiest interview yet and only lasted about 15 mins i would say.

Good Luck and don't worry it is nothing to be nervous about believe me :wink:
Reply 263
I only have two shifts left at Greggs now! Creating this thread seems such a long time ago...
oh there's a maths test =[ hmm i'll have to do some sums tonight. i'm really bad at maths.
I was wondering whether anyone could help me. Basically i applied to greggs and have an interview friday, but randomly out of the blue i had a phonecall from somewhere i interviewed with ages ago saying they need a graduate chemist and would like to interview me next friday. Problem is if i were to get the greggs job i couldnt tell them until like 2 weeks time for definate whether i could take it. So what shoul i do? I dont want to mess greggs around but obviously i cant turn down the graduate job if offered it. Also how long ins the notice period for people on a temporary contract?
Hi All
I got offered a job at greggs starting on 26th august temporary until december, then got offered a graduate job starting on 26th sept. i still want to take the job of greggs as i wont get paid with the graduate job until end of oct and i really need money now. I just wondered what the terms of employment are with greggs and whether i would be able to just tell them a week before i start the graduate job that ive got another job or should i tell them now?
Original post by aleathiel
Yeah so I finally managed to get my contracted hours and the last few weeks have been fine, but next week I only have 2 shifts totalling 13 hours.

Shall I finally complain to someone higher up? :s: It's breach of my contract surely?

Ok so this was basically resolved due to them randomly giving me another shift (4 hours). Though when the rota came out for the week starting today, I only had 2 shifts equaling 10.5 hours. Though luckily I didn't have to complain because they said there's a shift going at another store on tuesday bringing my hours this week to 17.

Though I'm finding I'm struggling to survive on the hours I'm getting tbh, I was told I'd get way more than my contracted 15 hours a week, why am I struggling to just get 15?!

I was better off at my old job and only accepted the greggs position because I thought I would be better off (old job was 0 hour contract so I was getting low hours)....

I don't want to leave as I'm getting settled now and getting more confident but how would they take it if I got another part time job to go alongside and reduce my availability :s:

I can't pay my rent and bills etc on such few hours. I'd be ok if I was getting the 30+ hours they said I would at interview. To make matters worse they're hiring a new person for our store so any chance of over time is gone tbh :redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
Ok so this was basically resolved due to them randomly giving me another shift (4 hours). Though when the rota came out for the week starting today, I only had 2 shifts equaling 10.5 hours. Though luckily I didn't have to complain because they said there's a shift going at another store on tuesday bringing my hours this week to 17.

Though I'm finding I'm struggling to survive on the hours I'm getting tbh, I was told I'd get way more than my contracted 15 hours a week, why am I struggling to just get 15?!

I was better off at my old job and only accepted the greggs position because I thought I would be better off (old job was 0 hour contract so I was getting low hours)....

I don't want to leave as I'm getting settled now and getting more confident but how would they take it if I got another part time job to go alongside and reduce my availability :s:

I can't pay my rent and bills etc on such few hours. I'd be ok if I was getting the 30+ hours they said I would at interview. To make matters worse they're hiring a new person for our store so any chance of over time is gone tbh :redface:

thats really annoying thaqt you arent getting the hours you were told, last time i was at greggs i was contracted for 4 hrs and got 33 until i said it was 2 many! i dont suppose you could answer my question in the post above yours about noitce etc?
My application was unsuccessful last week. Oh well.

I'm afraid that's just the way it goes sometimes. Sometimes a manager will say something originally in totally good faith, but then circumstances change. Though I'm not sure what's going on in your shop really if they're hiring another person when they could just give you the extra hours! Maybe they don't think you'd always be able to do the hours they want the new person to do, and they need someone to reliably do a particular set of hours week in week out? Or they're being hired for a specific role (ie. 6-12 every morning, sandwich making) which you don't do?

If they're hiring another person anyway then I don't think they'd have any problems with you having another part time job as well, so long as you can still do the same hours that you usually do.
He phoned me to say I have the job a few hours after my interview, just waiting on confirmation really.
Reply 272
Original post by glasgowgirl
I went for my interview at Greggs last week and got the job :biggrin:

It is sooo easy and the women who interviewed me was lovely so was more like a conversation with a friend than an interview.

She asks the questions from a sheet of paper so not really that difficult and gives you time to answer them.

Questions i can remember where :

1. Tell me about a time you have worked as a team and what you done?
2. What are the types of customers you have dealt with? (elderly,students etc)

Then there was a short maths test (EASY) just like how much change would you give from a £10 note if the customer has spent £4.85 etc

Remember to take you photocopies of passport and NI. Other than that there isn't much i can tell you as it was my easiest interview yet and only lasted about 15 mins i would say.

Good Luck and don't worry it is nothing to be nervous about believe me :wink:

Thank you it helps alot...cheers:smile:
Ok induction tuesday can't wait. :biggrin:
Reply 274
hey guys do u know how long it takes for them to offer you a job after an interview? thats terrible that they just change your hours :/
I have my induction tomorrow looking forward to it. Bit nervous.
Reply 276
ah when did u get offered the job?
I had an interview for greggs on Thursday 18th august then got a call to say I got the job on Monday 22nd, they also said I would be contacts shortly to be told a date for an induction, however 9 days later I still haven't received a call or email. could anyone tell me how long they had to wait and whether or not I should ring them?
Original post by Spinnerette

Original post by Spinnerette
I have my induction tomorrow looking forward to it. Bit nervous.

how long did you have to wait for your induction after you got told you had the job? :smile:
Original post by oloro1

Original post by oloro1
hey guys do u know how long it takes for them to offer you a job after an interview? thats terrible that they just change your hours :/

you'll get a call within the following week if you have been accepted :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending