University of Kent Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1560
Ok Darwin College, so what does it mean exactly ? :smile:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
hmm mine says Keynes College... as a clearing person waiting for accommodation, before I get my hopes up does this have any reflection on where I could be living, or am I still part of Keynes College while living off-campus? :confused:
Reply 1562
Im in Keynes College for accommodation and i'm at Darwin college on the record service.
Original post by TunaCupcake
hmm mine says Keynes College... as a clearing person waiting for accommodation, before I get my hopes up does this have any reflection on where I could be living, or am I still part of Keynes College while living off-campus? :confused:

No matter where you live, you're always assigned a college :yes: If you have any problems but have no clue where to go to first, the master of the college your assigned to is probably the first step and he/she will guide you along your way.

Original post by Tom_Sg
Im in Keynes College for accommodation and i'm at Darwin college on the record service.

It's probably the uni screwing up again, last year loads of people were showing the wrong colleges on the SDS. If you're living in Keynes, I'd imagine you should be part of Keynes college but don't hold me to this :o:
sooo does this mean I'm either going to be living in Keynes, or I'm going to be homeless i.e off-campus? and won't end up in Darwin, Eliot etc?

sorry for all the questions especially if the answers really obvious haha :redface:
Reply 1565
I had my accommodation offer just this morning and i did the enrolment one week ago, maybe that's the POINT ;p

@ Tuna : doesn't mean you're going to be homeless, just wait 'till early september and you'll hear about your accommodation offer (or ... not)
(edited 12 years ago)
sooo does this mean I'm either going to be living in Keynes, or I'm going to be homeless i.e off-campus? and won't end up in Darwin, Eliot etc?

sorry for all the questions especially if the answers really obvious haha :redface:

I haven't a clue I'm afraid, it could mean you're anywhere really. I'm guessing you're waiting for accommodation?
Original post by Champagne Supernova
I haven't a clue I'm afraid, it could mean you're anywhere really. I'm guessing you're waiting for accommodation?

I am indeed, and I'm just on tenderhooks atm as I'm seeing some fellow clearing people getting offers now and I just really want to know! :s-smilie:
I am indeed, and I'm just on tenderhooks atm as I'm seeing some fellow clearing people getting offers now and I just really want to know! :s-smilie:

Fair enough. I wouldn't look too much into your college assignment then! :frown:
Reply 1569
I'm in eliot college :smile: quite worried though as i didnt put it down for any of my accomodation options
is this bad?
You college can change. I was Rutherford College until I was assigned to Woolf for accommodation, and now I'm Woolf College. :smile:
Also TunaCupcake, if you are off campus there's loads of rooms going. I'm seeing loads advertised walking around Hales Place etc
Original post by Tom_Sg

Original post by Tom_Sg
I had my accommodation offer just this morning and i did the enrolment one week ago, maybe that's the POINT ;p

@ Tuna : doesn't mean you're going to be homeless, just wait 'till early september and you'll hear about your accommodation offer (or ... not)

Hey :smile: just wondering, were you a clearing student? :smile:
College allocation and accommodation, although tend to be the same is not always the case. I was in Darwin houses and my college was Rutherford, until I got it officially changed because I wanted to vote for a friend as college president.
Reply 1574
Original post by purplestarfish
Hey :smile: just wondering, were you a clearing student? :smile:

Insurance student sorry :smile:
Original post by Tom_Sg

Original post by Tom_Sg
Insurance student sorry :smile:

ahh saw a glimmer of hope there. thanks anyway!
Reply 1576
BUT, i know that you HAVE to wait until early september (like the end of the week) (i called the accommodation service so it's true !)
Reply 1577
I rung up last week and they said i would find out today at the latest and now when ive rung up i have to wait till next week :frown: i need to know if im on campus as there is no way i can get down to look at off-campus :/
Reply 1578
Computer science
Reply 1579
Hey, I haven't done my online enrollment yet, will I not receive my welcome pack without doing it? :s

Quick Reply

Latest