The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

The "Exeter (Cornwall) Firmers 2011" Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
We are a group of 5 2nd year girl students who go to Exeter University. We have a spare double bed room in our house on Jubilee Road, great location to town and both campuses. We are a really friendly and sociable group, love clubbing, cinema and sports. Room shares a bathroom with one other person. House has washing machine. £115 per week includes all bills and internet. Contract from 01/08/11 to 01/07/12. Get in touch if your interested on [email protected]
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 121
Looks like I'm the only one that has firmed for zoology?! :smile:
ninjazzz I have too :smile:
Reply 123
Original post by Zest09
We are a group of 5 2nd year girl students who go to Exeter University. We have a spare double bed room in our house on Jubilee Road, great location to town and both campuses. We are a really friendly and sociable group, love clubbing, cinema and sports. Room shares a bathroom with one other person. House has washing machine. £115 per week includes all bills and internet. Contract from 01/08/11 to 01/07/12. Get in touch if your interested on [email protected]

I would warn people that average monthly rents in falmouth including bills are £300-350
(edited 12 years ago)
Exeter Cornwall Campus? Don't you mean Tremough?
Original post by Ich Dien

Well I guess being technical it would be the CUC Tremough Campus :P I remember going to the nursery there when it was a school so I still can't get over the fact it's a uni campus now!!!
Original post by TheFatController
Well I guess being technical it would be the CUC Tremough Campus :P I remember going to the nursery there when it was a school so I still can't get over the fact it's a uni campus now!!!

Its exactly half way between me and Truro College. I should really be looking at it :yep:
Reply 127
Original post by LateNightSkies
ninjazzz I have too :smile:

awesome! I really hope I get in, I love it down there! what have you put as your insurance? :smile:
Original post by ninjazzz
awesome! I really hope I get in, I love it down there! what have you put as your insurance? :smile:

Same I love it sooo much! Can't imagine myself anywhere else, but Sussex is my insurance for Ecology and Conservation.

What about you? Have you joined the fb page for us lot too?
Reply 129
Original post by LateNightSkies
Same I love it sooo much! Can't imagine myself anywhere else, but Sussex is my insurance for Ecology and Conservation.

What about you? Have you joined the fb page for us lot too?

yeah me neither! I've put cardiff as insurance for zoology :smile: I didnt know there was a fb page, I'll have a look :smile:
Reply 130

No, it's referred to by Exeter University as it's Cornwall Campus.
Original post by Relaxicat
No, it's referred to by Exeter University as it's Cornwall Campus.

That is apparent :dry:
Reply 132
That is apparent :dry:

Well then you contradict yourself :P
I.
(edited 9 years ago)
Mine went straight to my junk mail =/ xx
Original post by ninjazzz
Looks like I'm the only one that has firmed for zoology?! :smile:

Not quite, I've firmed it as both by firm and insurance (4 year firm, 3 insurance)
I loved the place on the first open day, and even more on the post-offer open day.
The only problem with it is its probably the university that is physically furthest away from me! I know one other person who's firmed Zoology who I met at the Feb POOD

Hope to see you all very soon :wink:
Hey all,

Im just promoting FXU sailing club, it is open for students of both University College Falmouth and University of Exeter. We're looking for more members this coming academic year, no matter whether you're experienced or not - everyone is welcome! Its a great sport to try and studying down in Cornwall right by the sea for 3 years means theres plenty of opportunity for that! Here is a link to the new Facebook page, like and check back regularly for updates as we get closer to Freshers!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/FXU-Sailing/169541476447436
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 137
hey guys, im going to exeter CC this september, I know it might seem strange but I want to get out of the city lifestyle

is the freshers fortnight like all the other unis? I kinda hope its not lol :smile:
or does everybody just drink and have sex?
Hey Debbie! Depends what you mean by "all other unis". I can tell you that four of the main parties during Fresher's Fortnight are:

Pirate Party (It's Cornwall and it's tradition and a lot of fun d:smile:
UV Party (Self-Explanatory)
Psycho Circus (Dress up as clowns, Heath Ledger's Joker, psychos, killers, maniacs, zombie acrobats, people on stilts... you get the picture. I'm deathly terrfied of clowns so I never went to it during my Freshers, but it was a huge hit with everyone else and apparently the one of the best Freshers parties they've ever had, so it's back by popular demand)
Fresher's Ball (ends the fortnight, everyone dresses up all pretty with Venecian masks and stuff :smile:)

Besides that there's the usual pub crawl, the massive quiz night, karaoke, the fayre (to sign upto societies and get a bunch of free stuff)... That's basically a breakdown of it all right there :smile:. Hope it helps!

BTW, I'm not an Exeter student... I'm a Falmouth one. But I've just finished a BA there and about to do a Masters, so any questions about the campus and Falmouth in general I can answer them!
Reply 139
sounds cool :smile: thanks for the info! :biggrin:

i just meant, is it like all other unis where everyone just wants to sleep with everyone? lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending