The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Muffinz
Do I have to ask? ****, I better call them up then.

Fridges: if you want to bring a fridge it must only be a mini or ‘table top’ one. Let us know if you need a fridge in your room for medical reasons and we will provide one.

That's what mine told me.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Muffinz
Right... here we go.

ENGL1000 Studying & Researching English
ENGL1160 Language, Text and Context
ENGL1250 Prose Reading & Interpretation
ENGL1180 Exploring Medieval Literature
ENGL1260 Poetry: Reading & Interpretation
FLTU1333 Upper Inter French
CLAS1640 Intro to Ancient Greek Philosophy

Total credits required: 125
Total credits enrolled for: 125
Credits Enrolled for Semester 1: 55
Credits Enrolled for Semester 2: 70

IT IS DONE.

How do we enrol for seminars or get our timetables for those?

PIED1600 Freedom, Power and Democracy
PIED1100 British Politics
PIED1300 European Politics
PIED1542 Globalisation
FLTU1423 Lower Inter German (Damn you 3 marks off a C in AS German!)
TRAN1010 Intro to Transport Policy (Looks surprisingly interesting believe it or not.)
TRAN1020 Instruments of Trans Policy (As does this, but I do have a thing for driving.)

Total credits required: 120
Total credits enrolled for: 120
Credits Enrolled for Semester 1: 60
Credits Enrolled for Semester 2: 60

Yay.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by (:Becca(:
Fridges: if you want to bring a fridge it must only be a mini or ‘table top’ one. Let us know if you need a fridge in your room for medical reasons and we will provide one.

That's what mine told me.

Oh well I said in my accommodation application that I need a fridge for insulin and someone from the accommodation office emailed me and asked for a transcription of my prescription which i provided.. probably got it covered then right?
Original post by Teh User
PIED1600 Freedom, Power and Democracy
PIED1100 British Politics
PIED1300 European Politics
PIED1542 Globalisation
FLTU1423 Lower Inter German (Damn you 3 marks off a C in AS German!)
TRAN1010 Intro to Transport Policy (Looks surprisingly interesting believe it or not.)
TRAN1020 Instruments of Trans Policy (As does this, but I do have a thing for driving.)

Total credits required: 120
Total credits enrolled for: 120
Credits Enrolled for Semester 1: 60
Credits Enrolled for Semester 2: 60

Yay.

Different strokes for different folks ^____________^

Kidding, looks awesome!
Reply 3524
Mine won't let me either :frown:
Maybe it depends on departments?

Me too. What are you studying? I am medicine.
Original post by Muffinz
Oh well I said in my accommodation application that I need a fridge for insulin and someone from the accommodation office emailed me and asked for a transcription of my prescription which i provided.. probably got it covered then right?

Yeah, you're probably sorted. :smile:
Original post by FloRaRa
Me too. What are you studying? I am medicine.

German and Italian, but I was automatically put onto my compulsory modules. Do you get any optionals with medicine? That might be why.
Yeah, you're probably sorted. :smile:

... I'll send a quick email to confirm, though. I really don't want to show up without a fridge and not have one in the room either ><
Original post by Muffinz
Different strokes for different folks ^____________^

Kidding, looks awesome!

I have a bit of a thing for trains and cars, so hopefully it's something I'll enjoy. I can forsee a University version of my horrible sixth form German teacher though. She bored me to death and I don't want the same thing to happen again. :frown:
Reply 3529
I'm doing engineering. Would i be able to add some another module to the ones i have?
Reply 3530
Original post by dmz
I'm doing engineering. Would i be able to add some another module to the ones i have?

Go here, choose your department from the drop-down menu, then choose your course and it will list your compulsory modules and tell you how many credits of electives you will need, if any.
How do you search for electives? Is there a whole list of them?
Original post by Teh User
I have a bit of a thing for trains and cars, so hopefully it's something I'll enjoy. I can forsee a University version of my horrible sixth form German teacher though. She bored me to death and I don't want the same thing to happen again. :frown:

My issue at AS was that I had a 3-hour long French lesson and it was an absolute killer. It's realy difficult to concentrate for that long. Hopefully as the French module is only 2 hours it'll be easier to digest :smile:
I'm 20 credits short so I thought I'd take some electives, can I take any that don't have any sort of entry requirements as long as there's no timetable clash?
Original post by Pendrive
Yeh im guessing my flat might be middle or something then, i just cant wait to move in now, two and a half weeks is too long to wait, I am ready to go now: ). I am studying Business Management and Philosophy, so another Joint Honors course :biggrin:. What date were you planning to move in because apparently we can move in on the 14th, but i was thinking that may just be a bit too early, as nobody else would be there. :smile:

so many people seem to be doing Joint Honours :smile: im moving in on the 17th, just cause of conveinience of it beign a saturday etccc. plus i wouldn't want to be in the flat alone if no one else mvoes in, atleast yb the 17th most people will be there!
Reply 3535
I'm 20 credits short so I thought I'd take some electives, can I take any that don't have any sort of entry requirements as long as there's no timetable clash?

You can take any electives as long as you meet any prerequisites and there are no timetable clashes, but in later years, you will probably be restricted to electives in your department.
Original post by Gemini92
You can take any electives as long as you meet any prerequisites and there are no timetable clashes, but in later years, you will probably be restricted to electives in your department.

Ok, thank you :smile:
Reply 3537
Original post by Gemini92

i already have my 120 credits picked out for me, ha well
Original post by Muffinz
Pretty excited now! :x

Me too, I can choose mine as soon as I've gone through the registration with my mum tonight! (she likes to see these things :lol:) Might choose creative writing :holmes:
I know this probably sounds stupid, but what are elective modules? Have no idea about anything :frown:

Latest