The Student Room Group

10 Reasons Why Jack Wills Is Terrible

Scroll to see replies

I wear Jack Will because it's warm and comfortable. I try not to wear it outside of the house because of the stated reasons BUT it's too goddam warm to throw it in the bin.
Ahhh a nice overy analysed clothes thread.

Because hating ona brand you don't like is really gonna show em! I like Hollister. I buy it. I don't like JW, I don't.

Admittedly I like to feel a bit exclusive, so I shop ahead of what everybody has (I know everybody has Hollister before all the derp derps come) and yeah, it makes me feel good.

If you don't like paying lots, that's fine just buy from primark or topman or whatever.

Why are people getting so into it? I found it like a bit of a joke.

I could make a 10 reasons why every clothes shop is terrible thread, I'd still shop there.

People get wayyyyyyy too into these things...
Reply 222
Original post by jordz
Sandals scream alpha.

They're actually great sandals, leather and very comfortable.

Wouldn't wear them with jeans and a jumper though, that is pretty weird.
Served so many little girls (Like 10-12) wearing Jack Wills today, university brand :flutter:
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Clearly JW makes you look Beta whereas the other two make you look Alpha.

Hahaha. No.
Illogical.
Original post by Philbert
Hahaha. No.

Hahaha. Yes.
Hahaha. Yes.

Hate to break it to you, but all three looks (and brands) are terribad. Dressing like a stereotypical American High school jock does not make you "alpha". You're letting the brand use you as a walking billboard, which to me screams insecurity.
Original post by sarahthegemini
Honestly STFU with your stupid threads about what people should and shouldn't wear.

EDIT: What is the problem? Just let people wear what they want to wear, Jesus Christ.

He merely is just pointing out why Jack Willy is a horrible fashion taste and I quite agree with him wholeheartdly. Those jeans look amazingly tight.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by jordz
Sandals scream alpha.

i'll go further it screams Gamma! the only place you should be wearing sandals is at the beach & Ibiza.
Original post by Philbert
Hate to break it to you, but all three looks (and brands) are terribad. Dressing like a stereotypical American High school jock does not make you "alpha". You're letting the brand use you as a walking billboard, which to me screams insecurity.

Such a Beta comment.
Such a Beta comment.

:rofl:
Reply 232
Hahaha. Yes.

An alpha male wears a white t-shirt and jeans and looks good in it, as popularised by Marlon Brando in A Streetcar Named Desire. Those American style clothes sway more towards gay geek I'm afraid.x
I work in a stationary store, its the last day before kids go back to highschool so they were all buying stationary. Sooo many kids in Jack Wills.
Reply 234
Many of these points don't really apply to Jack Wills. I've never worn the brand, but I live in Nottingham which is famous for it's rahs. Everyone's walking around in AnF and Jack Wills. The first points are good points though, many brands are expensive but are at least well made to reflect this; Jack Wills however is very average and doesn't really make up for the price.

I've got a couple of Abercrombie and Fitch since I'm in the USA right now and I just picked up 2 pairs of their jeans from the website for $37 a pair (25 pound tops) which is what I'd pay in any high street store like Topman or Burtons and the denim is definitely better quality!
Original post by TomLeigh
Many of these points don't really apply to Jack Wills. I've never worn the brand, but I live in Nottingham which is famous for it's rahs. Everyone's walking around in AnF and Jack Wills. The first points are good points though, many brands are expensive but are at least well made to reflect this; Jack Wills however is very average and doesn't really make up for the price.

I've got a couple of Abercrombie and Fitch since I'm in the USA right now and I just picked up 2 pairs of their jeans from the website for $37 a pair (25 pound tops) which is what I'd pay in any high street store like Topman or Burtons and the denim is definitely better quality!

Paddy talks about A&F jeans being good quality. Many of the Jack Wills hoodies I see look awful quality, the lettering has faded/started to peel and fall off. I've had some of my hollister Tshirts 2 years and nothing has peeled off, you wouldnt even know its 2 years old.
Reply 236
Paddy talks about A&F jeans being good quality. Many of the Jack Wills hoodies I see look awful quality, the lettering has faded/started to peel and fall off. I've had some of my hollister Tshirts 2 years and nothing has peeled off, you wouldnt even know its 2 years old.

Well Jack Wills clothing isn't "bad" quality, but if you're going to spend that much then you have a choice, name vs quality. I also own an AnF hoody from the London store which I love! It's so thick and padded, I even bought a size too big purposely because I love the thick hood and the heavy weight, because it's almost like a blanket and perfect for the winter months!
Original post by TomLeigh
Well Jack Wills clothing isn't "bad" quality, but if you're going to spend that much then you have a choice, name vs quality. I also own an AnF hoody from the London store which I love! It's so thick and padded, I even bought a size too big purposely because I love the thick hood and the heavy weight, because it's almost like a blanket and perfect for the winter months!

Yes thats the point, for price paid you get so much more on Hollister/A&F. The hoodies keep you so warm.
Jack Wills seemed to have removed the images from the website.
Reply 239

You are not seriously implying that a man is wearing that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending