The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3600
Original post by oe43
Hi :smile: I've been offered accommodation by Leeds and paid the deposit and accepted the contract, however I have no idea what to do now. Do I have to book a slot for my arrival? :s-smilie:

You need to get your log-on info for the Portal and go through the residence eIntro process, which is rather tedious, and you can book a moving-in slot at the end. You'll also need to go through the registration process sometime as well.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 3601
Original post by Gemini92
You need to get your log-on info for the Portal and go through the residence eIntro process, which is rather tedious, and you can book a moving-in slot at the end. You'll also need to go through the registration process sometime as well.

Ok, I've been meaning to do that anyway :smile:
Reply 3602
Does anyone have any idea if moving around times for lectures and stuff is allowed/easy?
The gaps in between my lectures seem a bit silly, with almost all of them 2 hours long (a long time to be hanging around campus, and, depending on where I am for accomodation, not long enough to be worth going home). :frown:
I should note that I am taking a language, so I don't know if all my practical sessions are with the same class each time, in which case I suppose there isn't a lot to be done...?
:smile:
Reply 3603
Original post by PINH
Does anyone have any idea if moving around times for lectures and stuff is allowed/easy?
The gaps in between my lectures seem a bit silly, with almost all of them 2 hours long (a long time to be hanging around campus, and, depending on where I am for accomodation, not long enough to be worth going home). :frown:
I should note that I am taking a language, so I don't know if all my practical sessions are with the same class each time, in which case I suppose there isn't a lot to be done...?
:smile:

Lectures finish 5 minutes before the hour and start 5 minutes after the hour, so assuming it doesn't overrun, you'll have 10 minutes to go from one to another. But if you have to go from one end of the campus to another, you may struggle to do it in time.

Quite a few people hang around in the Union between lectures.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by dmz
10am Monday, 9am Tuesdays, both till 4, free wed, thurs and fri :biggrin:

Second semester looks about the same. 9am Tuesday and Thursday, 10am Wednesday, Friday off again! Might change my mind at freshers fair, but looking good so far.
hi muffinz,

we will provide a mini fridge in your room, it should be there when you arrive.

Kind regards

accommodation office

awwwwwwwww yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah
LING1050 Intro to Sources and Methods
LING1070 Linguistics 1
MODL1010 IT for Language Students
LING1060 Language Projects
LING1080 Linguistics 2
FLTU1403 Beginners German
LLLC1040 Creative Writing Workshop

Total credits required: 125
Total credits enrolled for: 125
Credits Enrolled for Semester 1: 65
Credits Enrolled for Semester 2: 60

NOW I'm excited!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
With regards to choosing modules... I've chosen mine but I have a few classes that start as soon as another one has finished. For example I have a 3-4 then a 4-6. Do we have a few mins between lectures to get to the right place on time?
Reply 3608
Right I'm sure someone's asked this before BUT where on earth is the residence eintro!? I've searched all through the portal and can't find it haha
Original post by livelove
Right I'm sure someone's asked this before BUT where on earth is the residence eintro!? I've searched all through the portal and can't find it haha

Homepage, right hand side there should be a 'Quick Links' box. The last link in that is 'Residence eIntro'.
Original post by livelove

Reply 3611
Original post by Alexandra289
With regards to choosing modules... I've chosen mine but I have a few classes that start as soon as another one has finished. For example I have a 3-4 then a 4-6. Do we have a few mins between lectures to get to the right place on time?

Lectures finish 5 minutes before the hour and start 5 minutes after the hour, so unless you have to go from one end of the campus to the other, you should have enough time to go from one lecture to the next.
Reply 3612
Lectures finish 5 minutes before the hour and start 5 minutes after the hour, so assuming it doesn't overrun, you'll have 10 minutes to go from one to another. But if you have to go from one end of the campus to another, you may struggle to do it in time.

Quite a few people hang around in the Union between lectures.

Ah, okay. But do you know if changing time slots is easy? I may try during Freshers week to change some lectures to alternate times, once this semester's timetable is finalised. :smile:
Reply 3613
Original post by PINH
Ah, okay. But do you know if changing time slots is easy? I may try during Freshers week to change some lectures to alternate times, once this semester's timetable is finalised. :smile:

What do you mean by changing time slots? The uni isn't going to reschedule lectures unless they have to.
Reply 3614
What do you mean by changing time slots? The uni isn't going to reschedule lectures unless they have to.

No, not reschedule them. A number of the lectures on my timetable happen multiple times over the day (the same lecture, just at different times), so I was wondering how easy it is to get moved between these different times. :biggrin:
Reply 3615
Original post by PINH
No, not reschedule them. A number of the lectures on my timetable happen multiple times over the day (the same lecture, just at different times), so I was wondering how easy it is to get moved between these different times. :biggrin:

Ok, I get it now. You may have to run it by your tutor or someone, but I don't see why they wouldn't let you switch.

Are you sure its the same lecture at different times? As far as I know, lectures only happen once and its things like seminars that have alternate times.
Reply 3616
Ok, I get it now. You may have to run it by your tutor or someone, but I don't see why they wouldn't let you switch.

Are you sure its the same lecture at different times? As far as I know, lectures only happen once and its things like seminars that have alternate times.

Ah yes, they are actually seminars and practice sessions, I just used lecture as a catch all term: sorry for the confusion!

Thank you, I will probably wait until I get to uni to figure this out. It seems like something that is probably easier to do in person! :biggrin:
Lectures finish 5 minutes before the hour and start 5 minutes after the hour, so unless you have to go from one end of the campus to the other, you should have enough time to go from one lecture to the next.

Thank you!!
Reply 3618
Original post by Alexandra289
Homepage, right hand side there should be a 'Quick Links' box. The last link in that is 'Residence eIntro'.

Original post by Bella Occhi

Thank you :biggrin:

Awesome! :biggrin: You've been so incredibly helpful in this thread, thank you :smile:

Latest