The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter Nerd Culture?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Contrad!ction.
Ah awesome :biggrin:

I've got a week until 6th form restarts - when do you have to get to uni?

Fresher's week starts on the 24th for Exeter Students, so you should have plenty of time. :biggrin:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by Banana_Llama
Fresher's week starts on the 24th for Exeter Students, so you should have plenty of time. :biggrin:

Oh God, I'm gonna hate that. I'm already bored, I've been wanting school to restart for a couple of weeks now :tongue:
Oh God, I'm gonna hate that. I'm already bored, I've been wanting school to restart for a couple of weeks now :tongue:

Yeah, I see what you mean, but (hopefully) this time next year you'll be running around getting everything sorted for uni, which will occupy your time. :smile:
Yeah, I see what you mean, but (hopefully) this time next year you'll be running around getting everything sorted for uni, which will occupy your time. :smile:

Yeah, I have a list of things already prepared so I can spread the cost over the year :tongue:

Might be a little ahead of myself :tongue:
Yeah, I have a list of things already prepared so I can spread the cost over the year :tongue:

Might be a little ahead of myself :tongue:

Haha!

After I finished my exams I was so desperate to get into Exeter that I started getting really superstitious for no reason...so I couldn't bring myself to buy anything for uni in case I jinxed it! :redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
Best thread ever :rofl:
I'm a nerd and I'm going to Exeter.

(I'm also doing psychology, by the way).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 128
Haha!

After I finished my exams I was so desperate to get into Exeter that I started getting really superstitious for no reason...so I couldn't bring myself to buy anything for uni in case I jinxed it! :redface:

For some reason I just couldnt buy stationary or pens, as that was definitely academic, but I could pretend the other stuff would be fine even if i stayed at home.
Reply 129
Original post by Sad Clown
I'm a nerd and I'm going to Exeter.

(I'm also doing psychology, by the way).

Ooh hello! :biggrin:
I'm a bit of a nerd. Unfortunately I'm an Exeter local and therefore am not there for Uni. On the plus side, I once saw a group of people in town dressed as stormtroopers. Nerd win.
Reply 131
NERDFIGHTERS!(I'm applying in 2012, somewhere with a nerdfighter community would hold serious sway over my decision :biggrin:) DFTBA.
Reply 132
Wow... This thread's seen an epic time since yesterday... Surviving a Troll attack and getting to the top of the Most Popular Discussions briefly!
What a proud day to be a nerd :biggrin::biggrin:

But it's cute fat. It waves! :wavey:

And it's my favourite two parter of the series (probably the best episode of the series has to go to "Blink" though as a standalone). Plus, the matron is my second cousin, apparently. :wink:

Oh, matron :colone:

Agreed!
And Blink is still holding up awesomely, after seeing it again today ^_^

Nope. I'll be teaching myself FP3 once I've got the knowledge I need from C3/C4. I've already done the group theory chapter, but I'm concentrating on S3 at the moment because I can do it all without knowledge from C3/C4.

Although the F Maths course at my 6th form is FP1 M1 S2, M2 D2 FP2 (none of the people in that class are applying for maths AFAIK, other than me)

I greatly commend you for learning FP2+3 yourself!
I only had the guts to learn AS Further Maths on my own, and that was with the easiest combination (D1 & M1; Statistics with my Main Maths)
All the very best of luck to you :bigsmile: Although I am sure you won't need it!

He went to Exeter too, if I recall correctly. *decides to annoy Mr P with questions about Exeter maths*

Apparently, loads of Maths teachers graduate from Exeter!
I know my two Maths teachers did, as well as one other that I know...

It's one of the reasons I want to be a teacher when I leave... Follow the awesome tradition 'n' all that :dance:

Nope, just a little AS-er :tongue:

I'm gonna miss my school. By the time I leave that'll be a third of my life spent there :eek:

I will never, EVER stop visiting my school! I've grown way too fond of the place to just forget it!
I even made a remark on Results Day that I'd rather die than forget I'd gone there! And I stick by that! :shoot:

Then again, I am only about 40 minutes drive away from my school from Exeter Uni, so I can easily make a visit :tongue:

Original post by pheegee
And the nerding just went over my head :frown:

Hell, I'm doing Maths at Uni... And I wasn't even aware Bach did Mathematics...
I thought he was a world famous composer/musician!

Unless I'm missing something and there's also a Mathematician called Bach!
Or was his music some sort of epic Mathematical voodoo filled with Golden Ratios in Frequency, and what not...:s-smilie::s-smilie:

Don't worry, now I'm lost. :3

Let's go and sit in the corner and play some Doctor Who Top Trumps (which I actually own). :biggrin:

I am so camping outside your room to get first dibs on the Who Card action!
I'll make a tent if necessary! :fuhrer:

Also: WEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Hello fellow Exeterian nerds :biggrin:
Reply 133
NW-CG, am I right in thinking you're in James Owen as well? If so, which block?
All this nerding out is all stupidly exciting for me, just to let you know.

NW-CG
I am so camping outside your room to get first dibs on the Who Card action!
I'll make a tent if necessary!

This will be Eepy! Use the levitating tunnel! :biggrin:
Reply 135
Original post by pheegee
NW-CG, am I right in thinking you're in James Owen as well? If so, which block?

Indeed I am :awesome:

Block A!

I take it from your question that you are, too? (If not, my Sherlock career has taken a rather sizeable nosedive)
If so, which Block?

:ciao:

All this nerding out is all stupidly exciting for me, just to let you know.

This will be Eepy! Use the levitating tunnel! :biggrin:

Bringing our private meme'icular activity to the mainstream :colone:
I like it :mwuaha:

It just occurred to me, is anyone bringing a cat to University...
Because: Crazy Cat + Levitating Tunnels = an entire JOC's worth of blood to clear up :headfire:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Persipan
There's a Science Fiction society and a Tolkien society...

pretty good evidence of nerdery getting out of hand!!
Reply 137
Original post by NW-CG
Indeed I am :awesome:

Block A!

I take it from your question that you are, too? (If not, my Sherlock career has taken a rather sizeable nosedive)
If so, which Block?

:ciao:

F, It would have been cool to have had one of you guys on my block. Oh well, we'll just have to meet on the green in the middle or something haha
Reply 138
Original post by pheegee
F, It would have been cool to have had one of you guys on my block. Oh well, we'll just have to meet on the green in the middle or something haha

Think we could ask to switch so we'll all be in one awesome Nerd Block!

The green can be like our super secret lair :colonhash: No one will ever suspect a thing!
Reply 139
Apart from how they could all... you know.. see us...
:P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending