The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter Nerd Culture?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pheegee
Apart from how they could all... you know.. see us...
:P

A triviality, I assure you.

If we all dress up in dark clothing and wear hoods, no one will suspect us. We will be invisible. Like trees with clothing.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 141
Haha! Im fairly certain that if I saw a tree with clothing I'd think something amiss!
Reply 142
Original post by Banana_Llama
A triviality, I assure you.

If we all dress up in dark clothing and wear hoods, no one will suspect us. We will be invisible. Like trees with clothing.

Except during the daytime and during witch hunts... Which are surprisingly common around these parts! :wizard::wizard:

Alternatively, we could just dress up as trees and hide in the woods!

I bugsy shrubbery!
I want to be a weeping willow. :3

(Also, I'm only 40 mins away too.)
Reply 144
I want to be a weeping willow. :3

(Also, I'm only 40 mins away too.)

Weeping Willow :rolleyes:

Do I sense a slight connection, perhaps?

40 minutes... Cool. How are you getting down (or up, as the case might be :s-smilie:)

I have a feeling that, even though I do live so very near by, there'll be people from the highlands of Scotland who arrive at Exeter hours before I do :angry::biggrin:
Reply 145
Im travelling 2 and a half hours, I feel practically foreign compared to you guys :P
Reply 146
Original post by pheegee
Im travelling 2 and a half hours, I feel practically foreign compared to you guys :P

Bah, you'll be just fine :biggrin:
Just don't expect us to give you the grand tour, I have as good a knowledge of the campus area as you do... And I suck at geography, so making a map will NOT help :angry::cool:

I know where the Bus Station and KFC are, and that's pretty much it :^_^:
Original post by NW-CG
Weeping Willow :rolleyes:

Do I sense a slight connection, perhaps?

40 minutes... Cool. How are you getting down (or up, as the case might be :s-smilie:)

I have a feeling that, even though I do live so very near by, there'll be people from the highlands of Scotland who arrive at Exeter hours before I do :angry::biggrin:

Maaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyybbbbbbbbbbbbbbeeeeeeee. :3

Well, I'm heading up from Plymouth, so my parents are taking me up in the truck, which hopefully means that I can fit everything in! :biggrin:

How are you travelling to what will be the greatest place ever?

Also also also.

I'm going up to Exeter on Monday with some friends to do a reccy of the place, so if you want me to find out something or get piccies of something else, tell me and I'll try to help. I'll definitely try to take a peek at THE BEST ACCOMMODATION EVER (JOC, of course :biggrin:).
Reply 148
Maaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyybbbbbbbbbbbbbbeeeeeeee. :3

Well, I'm heading up from Plymouth, so my parents are taking me up in the truck, which hopefully means that I can fit everything in! :biggrin:

How are you travelling to what will be the greatest place ever?

Also also also.

I'm going up to Exeter on Monday with some friends to do a reccy of the place, so if you want me to find out something or get piccies of something else, tell me and I'll try to help. I'll definitely try to take a peek at THE BEST ACCOMMODATION EVER (JOC, of course :biggrin:).

Im going by car with my parents and YES YES YES take pictures of everything you can haha. Ive going up there on the 11/12th for an overnight stay, so then Ill know what to look out for :biggrin:
Isn't JOC miles away from the campus?
Reply 150
Its one mile to the centre of campus, so not that far.
I'm enjoying the thought of rolling out of bed straight into the lectures.
Reply 152
I was enjoying that thought when I applied to Northfield, but alas.

Where are you then?
Original post by arob752
I'm enjoying the thought of rolling out of bed straight into the lectures.

I also thought that when applying to Lafrowda, but now I'm getting excited at the thought of having the City Centre almost on our doorstep. :biggrin:
I'm in Holland Hall which is literally minutes to the Maths department.
I also thought that when applying to Lafrowda, but now I'm getting excited at the thought of having the City Centre almost on our doorstep. :biggrin:

Yh that would be pretty cool.
Reply 156
Yeah, I hated the idea of catered hence why I wanted Northfield. Self catered, double beds and 5 mins from washington singer, the main psych bit. A bit bummed I didnt get it but a 15 min walk? Not too much of a trial.
Well I can't really cook much soo, it was either go catered or starve :rolleyes:
Are any of the nerdily inclined here going to the scifi anon. on the 26th? ('A discussion of science fiction, fantasy, and a variety of other topics' from 6-10pm)
Original post by Axavil
psychology!
and here's the nerdy bit!

ive wanted to do psychology since i was little cuz i always wanted telepathy as a superpower :love:

That's probably the best reason for doing anything :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending