The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

oooo that's interesting
Reply 481
Hi everyone, i'm new here :smile: I've just moved to Herts with my little man K who turned 1 in July.
Original post by jettybee
Hi everyone, i'm new here :smile: I've just moved to Herts with my little man K who turned 1 in July.

Welcome :smile:

Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test kit with Conception Indicator - 2 Tests
Boots: £13.89
Asda: £8.00

£5.89 difference :geek:

I then checked Amazon and saw these reviews:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B000KKI1F6/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar

"Bought this item and was thrilled when I got a positive result. Went to doctors and got blood tests which was negative - did another of these tests a week later - negative. It turns out from reviews that I have read that this is very common. Advice seems to be to rip the test open and look at he strips themselves, advice on what to look for is on the clear blue website"

"I bought the Clear Blue digital test which gives you an indication of when you conceived and took one 4 days after my period was due, it came back positive with a 1-2 weeks indication, I took another test the next morning, same result, my husband and I were over the moon, we went to the doctors and she said that as we had taken a clearblue test she did not need to test us ,that night I spent 4 hours in A&E thinking that I was having a miscarriage, only to be told that I was never pregnant in the first place! I know the tests are only 99.9% accurate but I just thought that meant you might get a false negative not a false positive, I have done some research and there seems to have been a number of false positive cases. No where on Clearblue's literature does it mention anything about the fact you might get a false positive. People have called their helpline to be told that it must be because of medication they are taking (I am not taking any medication and nor were most of the people who wrote the reviews!)"

"I did it one day after my period was due and it was positive with a 1-2 weeks indication. I took another test the next morning, same result. I was not pregnant as i found out later. Very upsetting. "

"I purchased this item along with the Clearblue Fertility Monitor and Test Stick for Fertility Monitor which I have been using for a month. At the end of the January my period was late so I used the Clearblue Pregnancy Test with Conception Indicator which I purchased from Amazon. After reading instructions I proceeded to test, however, the first test read a book sign (not working) and the second test read nothing (blank screen) so I bought the same test kit from Asda and that one worked fine. Conclusion: maybe a bad batch from Amazon."

"These tests have an abnormally high number of false positives. Congratulations to those for whom they have been accurate, but they are known to have problems and for something alleged to be 99% accurate, they give false positives too many times. "

"After using this test and getting a 'pregnant' 1-2 weeks result I and my partner were thrilled, as well as the close family and friends we shared with. I booked my midwife appointment, done some baby shopping and generally started to prepare ourselves to the exciting months ahead. Then this weekend I started to bleed, 3 day, numerous tests, examinations and both external and internal scans, as well as being admitted into a gyne ward i was today told I am not pregnant, no i havent miscarried, I was never pregnant in the first place!!! I am furious I have been put in the position where i thought i was loosing our precious child. Take my advice, and use a different brand!!!"

"I am currently breastfeeding my soon to be 1 year old and as a result my menstural cycle hasn't started. So when I suspected I might be pregnant, I thought I would spend the extra on a clear blue conception indicator test so that I would know how far along I was. Well I did the test, simple enough and to my surprise, It said I was pregnant and had concieved 1-2 weeks ago. So I counted the weeks as they passed. When I reached what would be 9 or 10 weeks, I went to the doctors informed them I was pregnant and waited to be given a date for my first scan. Well yesterday I had my scan and it turns out I am 16 weeks pregnant not the 13-14 weeks that I was expecting to hear.
So all in all the clear blue coception indicator test got the fact that I was pregnant right, but so do all the cheaper tests.
It was straight forward to use, but so are the cheaper tests and it failed on it's gimmick of conception indication, which the other test don't bother with. So basicly if you want to know if your pregnant any test will give you the answer. If you are spending the extra to find out the conception date, I certainly wouldn't trust it."
(edited 12 years ago)
Matthias Ferdinand was born yesterday at 18:35 weighing 8lbs 7oz. 10 days ahead of schedule.

Alas I missed his birth as I was in Zurich :frown: but both mum and baby are fine.
Original post by Erich Hartmann

Matthias Ferdinand was born yesterday at 18:35 weighing 8lbs 7oz. 10 days ahead of schedule.

Alas I missed his birth as I was in Zurich :frown: but both mum and baby are fine.

What a lovely name that is!

congratulations

Congratulations :smile:

This is not my month, but to be honest I would have been pretty damn lucky to fall pregnant the first month of trying.
Original post by h82think

This is not my month, but to be honest I would have been pretty damn lucky to fall pregnant the first month of trying.

true, it can take a while. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming :tongue:
Reply 488

Congrats : ) Great name.
Reply 489

Congratulations to you all :smile:.Great name too.

Congratulations on the birth glad to hear both doing fine
Congratulations EH! How lovely :biggrin: What a fantastic weight for being early! Go him!

h82think: You'll get there, it's very exciting!

Welcome to clareamos and JettyBee :biggrin:

Hele
If you need any advice PM me, I've been through it and still am really now I'm a PGCE student. You don't need to defend your decision to anybody! You'll only have support here!

I win the award for the worst mother award, I'm missing Bella's first day at school (Monday) because I'll be at my first day at uni, gutted :frown: :frown:
Original post by balloon_parade

I win the award for the worst mother award, I'm missing Bella's first day at school (Monday) because I'll be at my first day at uni, gutted :frown: :frown:

well she'll be proud of her clever mama when she gets older. I'm sure she won't mind *hugs*. Hardly worst mother!!

Yours start on Monday? Mine go on Wednesday. I get them for an extra two days lol. It'll be Alex's first day too.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
well she'll be proud of her clever mama when she gets older. I'm sure she won't mind *hugs*. Hardly worst mother!!

Yours start on Monday? Mine go on Wednesday. I get them for an extra two days lol. It'll be Alex's first day too.

I think it's just the receptions in on Monday so to get them settled. Ah, I can imagine Alex and Lydia in their uniforms together, cute! I'm going to put her in her uniform so I can see her! I'm going to be away Mon-Thur at uni for the first few weeks. Sad times.
Reply 495
Congratulations on your baby, i agree love the name and a great weight!!

BP: Not the worst mother, it is just life! I bet she will look so cute in her uniform. I hope uni goes okay for you.

pmp: awww Alex looks so smart!
Reply 496
My recent blog post:

183 Signs That You're Pregnant :biggrin:
Reply 497
Original post by Tufts
My recent blog post:

183 Signs That You're Pregnant :biggrin:

Am following your blog via Facebook :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest