The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bengalisoldier
Every Android phone looks same nothing good about it.

Yeah, because iOS has such variety. At the moment there's the iPhone 4 and... the white iPhone 4. :wink:

Every smartphone looks the same because the interface has proven popular.
I managed to work out how to get data while roaming from T-Mobile on to Orange. It is very nice now :smile:
Original post by wizard710
I managed to work out how to get data while roaming from T-Mobile on to Orange. It is very nice now :smile:

Can you get proper 3G connectivity? Do you know if it works vice versa (from Orange to T-Mobile)? I signed up for the service a while back but it only worked if I set my phone to GSM only.

I'm on Orange but find I usually get a much better signal when I choose T-Mobile from the list of networks. :redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by G8D
You get full usage of both networks.

Not for me. When I choose Orange T-Mobile as my network and select "WCDMA only" as my network type I get "Selected network (Orange T-Mobile) unavailable" and it switches back to GSM auto.

I just found this on the Orange site:
http://help.orange.co.uk/orangeuk/support/personal/518041

No indication of any dates or when the article was published or anything though.
Original post by G8D
You shouldn't have to select T-Mobile. Once set up correctly you phone will jump between Orange, Orange-T-mobile and T-mobile where it sees fit.

Just found this... though I swear I've had 3G/H on T-Mobile so this may only be one way: http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/help-and-support/index?page=home&cat=USING_ORANGE_SIGNAL

It does jump as it sees fit, but I just selected T-Mobile manually for testing purposes. :tongue:

There's a thread on another forum discussing it with updates from a guy that works at Orange/T-Mobile. Apparently there's been legal action postponing the 3G network share.
Oops, forgot to link the other forum. In case anyone's interested:
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1453047&page=11
Reply 5847
<Shameless plug>http://banksybristoltourapp.co.uk/</Shameless plug>

Given we'd already established what avid app purchasers you all are.
Original post by G8D
Isn't it laid out on their sites?

I set it up the day after they announced it :colondollar:

Yeah I didn't think it was ANY data but I can get 2G data on orange :smile:
Reply 5849
The Sony S is a sexy sexy thing, but I don't think it can compete at €479 :frown:
Samsung Note anybody? Looks nice, but for me, too big for a phone. And this is coming from someone who had a HTC Advantage. Some of the stuff looks good, but I got puled in by marketing with my DHD only to realise its a HD2 with 720P. My next phone will not just be a whim buy haha
Reply 5851

Damn I never realised how much the Xperia Play looked like the Galaxy S2 looked like the HTC ChaCha...:wink:
My phone keeps on not receiving texts (although lighting up as tho it has) or receiving half of a text and making the second half, half of an old text...any ideas?
Reply 5853
Original post by greeneyedgirl
My phone keeps on not receiving texts (although lighting up as tho it has) or receiving half of a text and making the second half, half of an old text...any ideas?

Try installing Handcent and see if the texts appear correctly on there?
Original post by estel
Try installing Handcent and see if the texts appear correctly on there?

Might try

Original post by G8D
Happens to me from time to time, not consistently though.

I thought it was a network issue:iiam:

It happens to me pretty much every day for a few weeks now :sadnod:
Reply 5855
Anyone else having a problem with the latest Youtube update? I have a HTC Desire and ever since I installed the update the app just doesn't work at all. It installs correctly, but when I try to open the app it says 'the linked program is no longer installed on your phone'
So I have deleted all updates from manage apps, and it works fine but it is the very basic and old version which is really buggy and ****. I have installed the new update several times but encounter the same problem each time.
Any way of maybe installing an older update? (Previous one worked fine)
Guess who's galaxy S II comes tomorrow:^_^:
Original post by wizard710
Guess who's galaxy S II comes tomorrow:^_^:

Nick Clegg's?
Soon to be getting a DHD for dirt cheap. Not the most modern but for the price im not going to complain :biggrin:
Still miss my HD2 like crazy though, it was so much fun to mess around with wp7 and android all at once :frown:
Original post by lonelykatana

Original post by lonelykatana
Soon to be getting a DHD for dirt cheap. Not the most modern but for the price im not going to complain :biggrin:
Still miss my HD2 like crazy though, it was so much fun to mess around with wp7 and android all at once :frown:

How?

Latest

Trending

Trending