The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No worries it appears to have fixed itself XD
Played Madden for months, started watching/paying attention a few weeks ago.

Go Steelers!
(edited 12 years ago)
I have 2nd pick in a 16 man draft. I'm thinking Peterson or Rodgers :holmes:

Of course if a take a QB by the time I get to pick a RB they will all be gone. Hmmm.
Reply 2443
Got my Madden 12 this morning. First Offensive play was an 80 yard TD run by Jahvid Best. Awww yeahhhh. :biggrin:
Original post by Rekyht
Got my Madden 12 this morning. First Offensive play was an 80 yard TD run by Jahvid Best. Awww yeahhhh. :biggrin:

I'm thinking of buying a TV and an X Box because I miss sports games :tongue:
Original post by Rekyht

Oh nice!

Did anyone see Doug Baldwin's 105 yard return?
Original post by Rekyht

First impressions?
Reply 2447
NCAA kicks off on Saturday for those with ESPN

can't wait for NFL to start love american football, go pats!
16 Team league:

QB: Vick, Jackson
RB: Jones, Bradshaw, Tomlinson, D Brown
WR: Williams, Boldin, Garcon, Ward, Meachem
TE: Keller, Kendricks
K: Bironas
D Patriots

I'm feeling okay about this. Probably should have picked a QB2 before the last round but such is life :tongue:
Tomorrow morning can't come soon enough so I can get my copy of Madden! :tongue:
10 Man:

QB: Brady, Garrard
RB: Peterson, Forte, Williams, Jackson, Green-Ellis
WR: Holmes, Lloyd, Thomas, Knox
TE: Winslow, Gonzalez
K: Brown
D: Patriots

Happy enough except both my TEs have the same bye week.

That's my drafting done.
Reply 2451
Original post by Scott129
First impressions?

It feels faster... And breaking tackles / Getting tackled looks, and feels more realistic.

Superstar mode is better than 11, but not great: I've been playing as Ingram for an hour or so, and theres not much more to it than completing a practice and then taking your snaps in the game and doing as much as possible with them.

Havn't given Franchise Mode a proper go yet, but from what I read about it the improvements seem pretty decent.

Oh, Defensive Linemen are now realistically good - so a beast like Suh can get right around most offensive linemen unless double teamed, what this means in practice is that you do have to be more pocket aware when you're throwing.

It needs a good slider-set to make it better, like every madden, but it's an improvement on 11, and the new visuals - Aerial views, Team Entrances etc are pretty nice!
Madden 12 is siiiick!

Tackling's infintely better, I'm finding it harder to complete passes with A-Rod (so no more unrealistic 20-yard gains every play) and Franchise Mode has not only improved visually but all the tweaks/improvements are excellent. Playing as the Pack (ofc) and got the 2 Matthews brothers at LOLB (both A potential) :tongue:
Was going to play the sky sports fantasy NFL but it looks like they might not be doing it this year.

At least we wont be nagged to death to play it and hear every 10 minutes how the 'celebrities' scored constantly throughout coverage. Fingers crossed anyway. They might do the NFL.com one and tell us. Great :rolleyes:
Does anyone here play the Madden game on facebook? It's strangely addictive...

Also, very excited for the new season - although I'm a bit annoyed that Sky aren't showing Bucs-Lions. I think that'll be an awesome game.
Reply 2455
Original post by Scott129
Madden 12 is siiiick!

Tackling's infintely better, I'm finding it harder to complete passes with A-Rod (so no more unrealistic 20-yard gains every play) and Franchise Mode has not only improved visually but all the tweaks/improvements are excellent. Playing as the Pack (ofc) and got the 2 Matthews brothers at LOLB (both A potential) :tongue:

So I can't average 500 yards, 3 interceptions and 5 TDs a game with Nate Davis at QB on All-Madden? Booooooooooooooo
Reply 2456
NCAA started today UNLV got owned 51-17 by Wisconsin

Madden 12 is awesome!
whens the pats first game?
Original post by SaltyPiratePony
whens the pats first game?

September 12th, Monday night Vs Dolphins :wink:
Reply 2459
Sky+ is a wonderful thing. Wish I had ESPN though but it's massively overpriced.

Latest