The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Other than the reference to Rory constantly dying, and the whole notion that if you think your neighbour's a witch and treat your cupboard like an evil Narnia then the Doctor will come and visit your room, that episode was so damn dull. Hardly any funny lines, monsters weren't scary, so I spent the rest of the episode counting up the number of Dr Who episodes with children in, then working out how many of those were written by Moffat. Answer, a s***load.

This was a Gatiss episode :confused:
Original post by Mess.
The Peter Kay one!!!!! That needs to be thrown in to the Time War and suffere never ending death for eternity. Horrible. It also needs to poked. Forcefully.

L&M was an awful episode, but it introduced the young me to Mr Blue Sky :biggrin:.
Original post by Mess.
The Peter Kay one!!!!! That needs to be thrown in to the Time War and suffere never ending death for eternity. Horrible. It also needs to poked. Forcefully.

Evil fat. =_=
Curse of the Black pearl spot was pretty bad too. Siren nurse.
But the Master will pull them out again with the something point star and they will come back together and destroy Earth with their planet of bad episodes. Then Moffat (The Master) will decide to sacrifice himself for the greater good and send them back to the Time Lord along with the planet of Bad episodes.
Other than the reference to Rory constantly dying, and the whole notion that if you think your neighbour's a witch and treat your cupboard like an evil Narnia then the Doctor will come and visit your room, that episode was so damn dull. Hardly any funny lines, monsters weren't scary, so I spent the rest of the episode counting up the number of Dr Who episodes with children in, then working out how many of those were written by Moffat. Answer, a s***load.

As the poster said, it wasn't written by Moffat. Not to mention Doctor Who is aimed at children. Therefore it's not crazy to think that the show wants something relatable for its target audience.
Original post by ellie-wellie
Well I liked this episode.

Just to be different... :smile:

I also liked it...and my nickname used to be Ellie Wellie :/ any more parrallels ?
Original post by Pandora.
This was a Gatiss episode :confused:

I know that. This reminded me of The Girl in the Fireplace a bit, which was one of Moffat's, and my mind turned back to thinking of how a lot of the episodes with kids in were written by Moffat. The Empty Child/Doctor Dances, Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead, the Girl in the Fireplace, The Eleventh Hour...forgotten the rest. Although come to think of it, a large amount of Dr Who episodes have little kids in anyway. What I want to know is, why is there a shortage of people in the 12-18 age bracket on Dr Who? Hmmm? Hmmm?
Original post by spacepirate-James
As the poster said, it wasn't written by Moffat. Not to mention Doctor Who is aimed at children. Therefore it's not crazy to think that the show wants something relatable for its target audience.

I'm not complaining, it was just something my mind turned to because the episode wasn't exactly riveting. I like the kids. The little one in Utopia, for example is adorable. I wish I could adopt him, except by now he must be about my age. :lol:
I know that. This reminded me of The Girl in the Fireplace a bit, which was one of Moffat's, and my mind turned back to thinking of how a lot of the episodes with kids in were written by Moffat. The Empty Child/Doctor Dances, Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead, the Girl in the Fireplace, The Eleventh Hour...forgotten the rest. Although come to think of it, a large amount of Dr Who episodes have little kids in anyway. What I want to know is, why is there a shortage of people in the 12-18 age bracket on Dr Who? Hmmm? Hmmm?

Oh right, sorry. I see your point. I can't actually remember anyone aged 12-18 in DW at all.
Oh right, sorry. I see your point. I can't actually remember anyone aged 12-18 in DW at all.

Yeah, my mind tends to wander when I'm not so scared I'm hiding behind the sofa. I'm also trying to remember anyone that age in Dr Who, other than Chloe Webber who I guess is meant to be about 12 or so? She looks it.
-blink- since when was there a naked River in the trailer O_o

As for teenagers on Doctor Who, how about the characters from SJ? But I do see your point, I guess maybe it would be a bit awkward for them to interact with teenagers? I'm not sure
(edited 12 years ago)
this weeks episode was without a doubt based on a are you afraid of the dark episode

season 3 episode 31 to be precise (this is where i find out just how old i am as no-one will remember are you afriad of the dark)

for those who did watch it but may not know the name it was the show with the kids who told ghost stories around the fire and they called it the midnight club it was on nickelodeon

at te 12-18 thing amy pond is 18 during her first epsidoe until the end when the doctor disappears for another 4 years lol
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by kopite493
this weeks episode was without a doubt based on a are you afraid of the dark episode

season 3 episode 31 to be precise (this is where i find out just how old i am as no-one will remember are you afriad of the dark)

for those who did watch it but may not know the name it was the show with the kids who told ghost stories around the fire and they called it the midnight club it was on nickelodeon

at te 12-18 thing amy pond is 18 during her first epsidoe until the end when the doctor disappears for another 4 years lol

I used to love 'Are You Afraid of the Dark?' :colonhash:.
Original post by Ultimate_Geek
I used to love 'Are You Afraid of the Dark?' :colonhash:.

it was most awesome i remember being like 9/10 and hiding behind pillows at some of the stories lol the doll one being one of them it scared me for life hence why it came to mind the moment i saw this doctor who lol

What about the guy in Human Nature / Family of Blood? The one who has the watch and refuses to do anything with it for about an entire episode. He's around 17ish
"Through crimson stars and silent stars and tumbling nebulas like oceans set on fire. Through empires of glass and civilizations of pure thought. And a whole terrible wonderful universe of impossibilities." :love:
Original post by L'art pour l'art
"Through crimson stars and silent stars and tumbling nebulas like oceans set on fire. Through empires of glass and civilizations of pure thought. And a whole terrible wonderful universe of impossibilities." :love:

Art for art's sake. :colonhash: Pointless

but beautiful :love:
Reply 6516
Watching Confidential, the kid who played gorge is pretty funny :mmm:
What was with the glass eye? From what I can recall about the dolls houses I've played with, Doll's Houses don't come with glass eyes....

Especially ones that look very Atraxi-ish.
Or maybe the graphic designer can't figure out another colour for eyes.
(edited 12 years ago)
The eye was especially odd when the Peg Dolls didn't have any :P
Original post by nbrz_emma
What about the guy in Human Nature / Family of Blood? The one who has the watch and refuses to do anything with it for about an entire episode. He's around 17ish

The whole school was filled with teens :tongue:

Original post by Doughnuts!!
Meh, it looks like filler.

What's the title?

The Girl Who Waited

Original post by Circadian_Rhythm
Did anyone hear the doctor?

"Nice to be back together, 'in the flesh'."

:holmes:

I did indeed. However I think there's nothing more to it than Amy is human again and not a doll.

I quite enjoyed the episode to be honest. Not the best but really not the worst. Parts were obvious like they were in the dolls house in the cupboard, but I still enjoyed it. A lot more than CotBS.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending