The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3660
Original post by oliviaL
Also I know this probabaly isnt the best place to ask questions but you all seem to know more than me! lol
What sort of stuff do we have to bring with us when we move in? Like do we have to print off our accommodation contracts and the registration stuff?

Contract and ID i think
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 3661
Original post by oliviaL
Also I know this probabaly isnt the best place to ask questions but you all seem to know more than me! lol
What sort of stuff do we have to bring with us when we move in? Like do we have to print off our accommodation contracts and the registration stuff?

You just need your accom contract to collect your keys when you move in.

You'll need your registration certificate and some form of photo ID when you enrol to collect your student ID card. I advise you get there early as I had to queue for a couple of hours.
Reply 3662
Original post by Gemini92
You just need your accom contract to collect your keys when you move in.

You'll need your registration certificate and some form of photo ID when you enrol to collect your student ID card. I advise you get there early as I had to queue for a couple of hours.

when and where can we get student ID?
Reply 3663
Original post by dmz
when and where can we get student ID?

Last year it was from the Monday of Freshers, so assuming its the same this year, it'll be from 19th Sept. You can collect it from the Parkinson Building. (The big white one with the clock tower on the top, in case you didn't know)
Reply 3664
Last year it was from the Monday of Freshers, so assuming its the same this year, it'll be from 19th Sept. You can collect it from the Parkinson Building. (The big white one with the clock tower on the top, in case you didn't know)

Thanks. Well hate queues!

How was first year physics btw? really want to do a module in it but don't want to be pushing things at the same time if i'm not getting anything out of it
Reply 3665
Original post by dmz
Thanks. Well hate queues!

How was first year physics btw? really want to do a module in it but don't want to be pushing things at the same time if i'm not getting anything out of it

Unless you get there early in the morning, I can see you having to queue for a bit.

I enjoyed it. What module are you thinking of doing?
Reply 3666
Unless you get there early in the morning, I can see you having to queue for a bit.

I enjoyed it. What module are you thinking of doing?

Good chance i'd go out the night before, can i just not go really late instead?

Haven't looked at one but i really enjoyed it at A levels
Reply 3667
Original post by dmz
Good chance i'd go out the night before, can i just not go really late instead?

Haven't looked at one but i really enjoyed it at A levels

You may need your ID sometime in Freshers if you have a library induction like I did or just want to check it out as you need an ID card to get in.
Reply 3668
You may need your ID sometime in Freshers if you have a library induction like I did or just want to check it out as you need an ID card to get in.

I meant can i not go late in the day to pick it up, so the queue'd be short or non-existence
Reply 3669
Original post by dmz
I meant can i not go late in the day to pick it up, so the queue'd be short or non-existence

I guess you could. I went after my intro meeting, so it would've been about 2-3pm, and I had to queue for a little over two hours. I was considering going before the meeting, but the queue was already fairly long then, but it was even longer when I came back.
Apparently James Baillie isn't wifi- I've spoken to my flatmates who think it might be a good idea to chip in for a router - are we allowed to do this in the halls? Or do we have to strictly stay to the cable?
Reply 3671
Original post by Prose Before Hoes
Apparently James Baillie isn't wifi- I've spoken to my flatmates who think it might be a good idea to chip in for a router - are we allowed to do this in the halls? Or do we have to strictly stay to the cable?

I don't know if we're allowed to or not, but someone in my flat this year bought a router so they could use the internet in the kitchen. The cable they provide should be long enough so you can use the internet anywhere in your room. If it isn't, you could probably buy a longer one in the union.

EDIT: Just looked it up, and you are allowed to use a wireless router but it is your responsibility to make sure the connection is secure. (See here for more info.)
(edited 12 years ago)
I don't know if we're allowed to or not, but someone in my flat this year bought a router so they could use the internet in the kitchen. The cable they provide should be long enough so you can use the internet anywhere in your room. If it isn't, you could probably buy a longer one in the union.

EDIT: Just looked it up, and you are allowed to use a wireless router but it is your responsibility to make sure the connection is secure. (See here for more info.)

Thank you!
Hi guys. I'm just arrived in Leeds...looking for an accomodation. Can anyone tell me which is a good place to stay considering I'll be studying at Leeds uni Business school?
I've seen Eldon court but it's not recommended.
Cheers.
Reply 3674
So what happens on moving day? Where do I get my keys?
Reply 3675
Original post by kohulme
So what happens on moving day? Where do I get my keys?

You have to take your accom contract (which you have to print off) and show it at the site office of your hall, where they will give you your keys.
Reply 3676
My registration certificate is not printing off!
Reply 3677
i have finally found out where i'll be and it's in james baillie park :smile: but i have also found out that it's a cluster flat.. so only 3 people sharing kitchen and bathroom.. can anyone tell me what these are like? are they really sociable? i really wanted to be in a big flat with lots of people, but i can't really complain i guess, i found someone else in my flat and she seems lovely.. i'm just slightly worried that being in such a small flat it'll be a bit cut off from everything else? it's block A 028a by the way :tongue:
Reply 3678
Hey did you find out today? I applied to James Baillie and still havn't found out :frown: x
Reply 3679
Also, i cant log into the portal.. is this anything to do with not having heard about accomodation yet or anything? Everyone seems to be choosing electives! I'm too impatient!

Latest