The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by areyousure?
Yes that happened to me in Edinburgh like I liked it but I can't imagine being 6 years there it was just weird. Well, this time round (if I get any interviews) I will be 18 so I should be sampling the nightlife as well and not only the shopping like last year! :P

haha fair enough, I didn't even get that last year. I just kind of wandered around the department and then looked at the accom.
I did actually pop around liverpool with a few people I know, And went round leeds for a look.
Cardiff I was staying with relatives so I ended up in the millenium stadium watching some motorbike racing. :P
Original post by joemullally
haha fair enough, I didn't even get that last year. I just kind of wandered around the department and then looked at the accom.
I did actually pop around liverpool with a few people I know, And went round leeds for a look.
Cardiff I was staying with relatives so I ended up in the millenium stadium watching some motorbike racing. :P

What do you think of Liverpool? I've never been!
Original post by areyousure?
What do you think of Liverpool? I've never been!

Nice city,
Good nightlife,
Nice medschool.
Not really my thing though, It just didn't feel right.
And a load of people from my end end up going to liverpool, It being the capitol of North Wales after all.
The open day however put me off, well the medschool admissions talk by the admin tutor in all honesty.

Lovely place though.
My whole application is sorted and ready, Ps and all, now all I got to do is pay and send so the tutor from college can sort out my reference.
I'm still sure there's something i've missed, I just want to send it but I can't lol.
My whole application is sorted and ready, Ps and all, now all I got to do is pay and send so the tutor from college can sort out my reference.
I'm still sure there's something i've missed, I just want to send it but I can't lol.

That's really organised, I think I'm going to end up submitting on October the 14th just I like I did last year.

Where are you applying?
Original post by MoTheMedic
That's really organised, I think I'm going to end up submitting on October the 14th just I like I did last year.

Where are you applying?

Leeds,Barts, Glasgow and PMS

For my 5th I'm putting the 4 yr med genetics course at sheffield.
I've sent it off.
Reply 3387
i've sent it off.

good luck!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Vulpes
good luck!!!! :d:d:d

It's only going to my referee I'm not applying as a stand alone applicant, college are letting me apply as a student kinda thing.
My referee gets my app and she's probably send it back saying my ps isn't strong enough.
Hi! I'm new here :smile: and am reapplying to study medicine!

Last year I applied to Southampton (BM6), Sheffield, UEA and Keele. I had an interview at Southampton but it went awfully!!!

I got A*A*A in A-levels and have a UKCAT average of 705 for this year. My GCSE's aren't amazing (see my profile for grades) which has limited me a bit on where I can apply but am thinking Southampton (BM5 this time though) and Newcastle. I am not sure on the other 2 though...I have narrowed it down to Brighton, Kings, Leeds, Manchester, Peninsula and Barts and was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on which 2 of these to choose please??

As for my application, well I really should start writing my personal statement again but as of yet I haven't had any ideas on what to write!! I am spending next week with the charity Vitalise at one of their respite centres as a volunteer so hopefully after that I will have more inspiration!! :smile:
Original post by michelle.dorringto
Hi! I'm new here :smile: and am reapplying to study medicine!

Last year I applied to Southampton (BM6), Sheffield, UEA and Keele. I had an interview at Southampton but it went awfully!!!

I got A*A*A in A-levels and have a UKCAT average of 705 for this year. My GCSE's aren't amazing (see my profile for grades) which has limited me a bit on where I can apply but am thinking Southampton (BM5 this time though) and Newcastle. I am not sure on the other 2 though...I have narrowed it down to Brighton, Kings, Leeds, Manchester, Peninsula and Barts and was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on which 2 of these to choose please??

As for my application, well I really should start writing my personal statement again but as of yet I haven't had any ideas on what to write!! I am spending next week with the charity Vitalise at one of their respite centres as a volunteer so hopefully after that I will have more inspiration!! :smile:

Check medreq.co.uk to see where you're elligble to apply.

Also your GCSE's are better than mine, I don't know why you're worrying :P.

And just to let you know Barts have a new application system this year where they select for interview based on UCAS tariff's which puts you at a disadvantage compared to IB applicants and four A level applicants even with your amazing grades.
Good luck.
(edited 12 years ago)
Leeds,Barts, Glasgow and PMS

For my 5th I'm putting the 4 yr med genetics course at sheffield.

Good luck with it all :smile:
Original post by MoTheMedic
Good luck with it all :smile:

Thanks and good luck to anyone else applying :biggrin:.
havent been on here in AGES!!! how's everyone's UCAS app going?
(I still need to do my UKCAT.. EEEEK!)
Anyone else going to the Edinburgh open day tomorrow?
Original post by tkoki1993
havent been on here in AGES!!! how's everyone's UCAS app going?
(I still need to do my UKCAT.. EEEEK!)

I sent mine off today.
Good luck in your UKCAT man. :biggrin:
I sent mine off today.
Good luck in your UKCAT man. :biggrin:

Good luck sir, we should sample the nightlife in Glasgow if we both get an interview on the same day :wink:

Random query, but if you send your app a decent amount of time before Oct 15th will the universities recieve your UCAS form earlier than most other applicants, or are they all held in some vault and sent at the same time?
Original post by baztech
Good luck sir, we should sample the nightlife in Glasgow if we both get an interview on the same day :wink:

Random query, but if you send your app a decent amount of time before Oct 15th will the universities recieve your UCAS form earlier than most other applicants, or are they all held in some vault and sent at the same time?

They receive them earlier because you get your acknowledgements earlier usually.
Whether they actually start pouring through them is another matter entirely.
They're probably quite busy with the new intake this time of year.
Reply 3398
Original post by baztech

Some universities process them right away. For example, Birmingham started handing out interviews in October last year. :smile:
Original post by Vulpes
Some universities process them right away. For example, Birmingham started handing out interviews in October last year. :smile:

Yeah but I wouldn't say that's the majority.
Some people applied last year on like the 20th and didn't get interviews untill march from my area.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending