The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jorgeyy
Do you think the same figures are apparent for similar Unis such as Warwick, Bath and even UCL? Of course, I expect Oxford and LSE to be less.

Warwick was 93% in 2008 and 2009 entry.

But yeah if you follow the conversation up the thread I was arguing that the idea that less than 20% of people who apply get an offer is ludicrous.
Original post by TheTallOne
Warwick was 93% in 2008 and 2009 entry.

But yeah if you follow the conversation up the thread I was arguing that the idea that less than 20% of people who apply get an offer is ludicrous.

Isn't it obvious to people that isn't the case?! I mean I am worried about offers, but not to that extent hehe!

93% of Applicants received an offer from Warwick in 08/09? And they have continued this "standard offer" regime into 2012 entry? Seems like a decent place to apply to ensure an offer, even if it is a hard offer to meet!
Going to apply for maths this year. I still haven't decided whether to apply for Oxbridge yet though. Other unis I am looking at are Bath, Bristol, Warwick, Durham, Birmingham and Nottingham.

Which is generally considered the 'best' uni for maths out of Birmingham and Nottingham?
Reply 1143
Is everyone done/nearly done with their PSs and UCAS now?

Original post by TheTallOne

I am confused about the work experience section of UCAS; could mention some stuff, but it will add no value more or less to my maths application. Alternatively, if I (can I?) leave it blank, will it disadvantage my applications to top unis?
Original post by twig

I am confused about the work experience section of UCAS; could mention some stuff, but it will add no value more or less to my maths application. Alternatively, if I (can I?) leave it blank, will it disadvantage my applications to top unis?

I have done with my PS and UCAS application few weeks back, and submitted to my college's placement center.

I don't think having no work experience would put you in disadvantage position in maths application, though I might be wrong. A lot of my friends or seniors had no working experience yet still got the offer, so I don't see the significant difference in it.
Original post by twig

I have written my PS but I haven't finished my UCAS

I have no work experience at all. It is "irrelevant" for Maths according some admissions people.
Original post by carlos the third
Going to apply for maths this year. I still haven't decided whether to apply for Oxbridge yet though. Other unis I am looking at are Bath, Bristol, Warwick, Durham, Birmingham and Nottingham.

Which is generally considered the 'best' uni for maths out of Birmingham and Nottingham?

Nottingham is better, but judging by your choices it looks like they'd be a last choice, Nottingham is AAA and Birmingham is AAAa AS FM or AAB with FM.
Who else has very little extra-curricular other than maths on their ps ? oops.
Original post by maths134
Who else has very little extra-curricular other than maths on their ps ? oops.

Aye, the only thing I do apart from maths is play sports. I have zero work experience lol.
Original post by Jorgeyy
Do you think the same figures are apparent for similar Unis such as Warwick, Bath and even UCL? Of course, I expect Oxford and LSE to be less.

Expect UCL to make you an offer for sure if your Maths UMS is 94%+
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Aye, the only thing I do apart from maths is play sports. I have zero work experience lol.

Same here.

how do you send them your ums scores ? ive put that i got an A in each unit but cannot for the life of me work out how to put down scores. Cambridge obv send SAQ but ucl ? =[ hmm..
how do you send them your ums scores ? ive put that i got an A in each unit but cannot for the life of me work out how to put down scores. Cambridge obv send SAQ but ucl ? =[ hmm..

I'm sure there's a way they do it, ask a 2011 entry UCL student, they'll be able to tell you. I won't be applying since my UMS isn't high enough, but I emailed admissions and that was the response they gave me. :smile:

They Email you asking for them...
Any Oxford applicants here?!

I am reapplying after turning down Bristol University....

Woo sweeeeet! I hope that's true as I'm hoping t hey'll make a nice insurance option behind cambridge (again hoping I get an offer from them haha).
Reply 1156

Could you show us the email please? (Copy paste, removing personal details of course)

(or just Pm me if you dont want to show everyone it)
(edited 12 years ago)
i highly doubt you are guaranteed an offer from ucl with 94%+ (and id like it to be true, believe me... ).
Reply 1158
Original post by hassi94
Woo sweeeeet! I hope that's true as I'm hoping t hey'll make a nice insurance option behind cambridge (again hoping I get an offer from them haha).

I'd advise against a London insurance uni, personally.
Original post by Zuzuzu
I'd advise against a London insurance uni, personally.

Why's that?

Latest