The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1960
Are there any gyms in the area you would recommend, any particular clubs/classes as well?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Does anyone know when we get our registration pack things with all the info about moving in on through the post?
And do we have to buy freshers ball and party tickets before we get there or can we wait?
Thanks!

Emily
Original post by EAbraham
Does anyone know when we get our registration pack things with all the info about moving in on through the post?
And do we have to buy freshers ball and party tickets before we get there or can we wait?
Thanks!

Emily

On the facebook freshers page people are saying that the freshers party sells out quite fast, but everyone seems to buying the tickets for both now anyway just in case.

Dont know about registration pack but i wish it would hurry up and arrive! :tongue:
Reply 1963
is there a time limit on registering and accepting accommodation offers? Im in europe for the next couple of weeks and will bepretty difficult to contact...
If i remember correctly, the Anson Rooms capacity for the freshers party is 900, so i'd buy it now.
Original post by alexsheppard11
If i remember correctly, the Anson Rooms capacity for the freshers party is 900, so i'd buy it now.

What IS the freshers party alex? :colondollar:
Original post by Pheebs1201
What IS the freshers party alex? :colondollar:

The Anson rooms is a massive room in the union used for gigs.
It will be full of freshers from all halls, each usually has a different dress theme.

It goes a bit like this:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.186168608060076.48634.140255209318083
Somebody for Immunology and Virology ? :smile: :smile:
Looks like I found this thread a bit late, but I'll be doing Politics :smile: Applied to Badock and Churchill, anyone else?
Law student here. I've been looking through the pack from the UBLC and apparently there's a trip to Newquay on the saturday and sunday of freshers' week. Just wondering if anyone else is going to go? :smile:

On the one hand it seems a good idea to meet other law students, but on the other it's £90 and I'm wondering if I'd have more fun just staying in Bristol and doing whatever's going on there xD
Original post by LazyCookie
Law student here. I've been looking through the pack from the UBLC and apparently there's a trip to Newquay on the saturday and sunday of freshers' week. Just wondering if anyone else is going to go? :smile:

On the one hand it seems a good idea to meet other law students, but on the other it's £90 and I'm wondering if I'd have more fun just staying in Bristol and doing whatever's going on there xD

Seems quite expensive seeing as Law have a lot of money to play around with
Original post by alexsheppard11
Seems quite expensive seeing as Law have a lot of money to play around with

Yeah, it's being subsidised by a law company as it is!

I was thinking that I would barely have had enough time to get to know Bristol by then never mind gallavanting off to Newquay! I may save myself the £90 and enjoy my new city :smile:
got my info and registration details and all, registration online from like the 15th to 21st sept... i think it was... how exciting!
Original post by sarahedmond
I was thinking that I would barely have had enough time to get to know Bristol by then never mind gallavanting off to Newquay! I may save myself the £90 and enjoy my new city :smile:

Yeah, think I will do the same! We have the whole year to get to know the other law students too :smile:
Yeah, think I will do the same! We have the whole year to get to know the other law students too :smile:

:hello:
Reply 1976

The trip to Newquay is in November :s-smilie: I don't think I'm going either way though.
I am so clueless about freshers week. All my friends know about their ones, so does anyone know anything about the bristol one??
Reply 1978
Original post by martyp417
I am so clueless about freshers week. All my friends know about their ones, so does anyone know anything about the bristol one??

Depends entirely on your hall of residence. The only "guaranteed" stuff for everyone is FRESH, which typically runs thursday-friday, and the woodland road BBQ (free BBQ is awesome) during daytime. In the evenings, a lot of societies like to do their own events, and halls do quite a bit of stuff too. Best place to look is on your residence website (I know that CHH has their full freshers plan already up on their site, for example).

Study-related stuff will include your faculty registration/meetings at some point in that time as well as some other stuff depending on your degree choice.
Original post by armador
Depends entirely on your hall of residence. The only "guaranteed" stuff for everyone is FRESH, which typically runs thursday-friday, and the woodland road BBQ (free BBQ is awesome) during daytime. In the evenings, a lot of societies like to do their own events, and halls do quite a bit of stuff too. Best place to look is on your residence website (I know that CHH has their full freshers plan already up on their site, for example).

Study-related stuff will include your faculty registration/meetings at some point in that time as well as some other stuff depending on your degree choice.

ohhhh i see, thankyou! Bristol was my insurance so i dont know my accommodation yet =)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending