The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by calamitysarah

Are you sending the spanish for a remark? :smile: which college are you applying to? good luck!

I think its worth sending for a re-mark,though I'm dropping it anyway! I'm going for Pembroke, what about you?
Original post by nightmare91

Original post by nightmare91
Is someone trying to flirt here? :biggrin:
You have to admit it would be kind of cool, because it wouldn't have to be a LDR for much more than a year!
Original post by such_a_lady
Yes, long distance relationship. With a boy (or should I say man? He is 18...) from Estonia. And no one knows where that is. :sigh: I'm trying to persuade him to apply to Oxford but he's obsessed with America and is going for Harvard etc. :rolleyes: Looks like this one won't last long...

Thankyou for telling me about the timetable! It's the week before my birthday, tension! I came back from Germany and pretty much remodelled my PS, and I submitted it onto TSR today, eek! I will try and read the thread when I have time :P I'd quite like to see how everyone did in results.

Sam's still here? Bless him. And Julie's not talking?! Shocker, what's going on?!

I know where that is! But only because I was in an Edinburgh 'Euroquiz' when I was ten. Isn't the timetable exciting? :biggrin:

Original post by fluteflute
It it falls through, I'm sure some more LDRs can be arranged through this thread :wink:

Sorry fluteflute (and sorry again for forgetting your real name), I'm still holding out for Chiara and Sven. Or did that already happen and I missed it? There was certainly a lot of flirting going on.

:getmecoat:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by anyone_can_fly

Sorry fluteflute (and sorry again for forgetting your real name), I'm still holding out for Chiara and Sven. Or did that already happen and I missed it? There was certainly a lot of flirting going on.

:getcoat:
I can't remember yours either... gosh I'm an awful stalker :frown:
I can't remember yours either... gosh I'm an awful stalker :frown:

Jess or Jessica. You? :smile:
As regards stalking, I confess to having...um...had a glance at the Merton freshers' facebook page. :ninja:
You have to admit it would be kind of cool, because it wouldn't have to be a LDR for much more than a year!

Well, maybe :biggrin:

:getmecoat:

:wink:

As regards stalking, I confess to having...um...had a glance at the Merton freshers' facebook page. :ninja:

Me too!!! I am stalking them because I am so jealous :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)

Greg :smile: I was going to say I liked your name, but then I realised that might sound creepy :tongue:

I stalk the 2011 Oxford fresher's thread (and post occasionally... hope they don't mind!) and started stalking the Cambridge applicants thread yesterday...
Original post by StudentOfTheMonth
I think its worth sending for a re-mark,though I'm dropping it anyway! I'm going for Pembroke, what about you?

it can only go down, but it'd still be a B even if it did so its worth it:smile::smile:
I've stayed there! the dining hall made me feel like I was in harry potter 8)
I'm applying for Mansfield I think, but my course only accepts two people into the college each year for it.. so I'm wondering whether an open application would be better.

I would look at the Worcester freshers page but they're probably all talking about Emma Watson tbh

(i've forgotten why I chose worcester actually)
I stalk the 2011 Oxford fresher's thread (and post occasionally... hope they don't mind!)

I cannot describe the rage that builds inside of me...

Edit: Just realised that I've been stalking your thread :colondollar:
Reply 5250
Haven't been on here in a while...

I see I'm reasonably high in the number of posts competition.

I'm applying to do Biomed, because I've always loved biology and I like brains and things. As well as all the nice broad scottish biology/biomed courses...

Mum and dad seem to think 'this Oxford idea' is ridiculous and will leave them broke for the rest of their life. I've had to lie and say I'm only doing it for fun and that, where I by some miracle accepted, I "probably" wouldn't take the offer up. (lol)

Anyway I was wondering if Jessica or any of the other Scots on here would be able to tell me if Oxford would see our bandings??? I found out the other day I got 6A1s so I figure it'd be worth 'em knowing. =L

Mine being a **** school, the guidance teacher didn't know, so I decided to return to my favourite forum.

Thanks
Original post by dnumberwang
I would look at the Worcester freshers page but they're probably all talking about Emma Watson tbh

Well, can anyone blame them? :tongue:
Original post by candide
Haven't been on here in a while...

I see I'm reasonably high in the number of posts competition.

I'm applying to do Biomed, because I've always loved biology and I like brains and things. As well as all the nice broad scottish biology/biomed courses...

Mum and dad seem to think 'this Oxford idea' is ridiculous and will leave them broke for the rest of their life. I've had to lie and say I'm only doing it for fun and that, where I by some miracle accepted, I "probably" wouldn't take the offer up. (lol)

Anyway I was wondering if Jessica or any of the other Scots on here would be able to tell me if Oxford would see our bandings??? I found out the other day I got 6A1s so I figure it'd be worth 'em knowing. =L

Mine being a **** school, the guidance teacher didn't know, so I decided to return to my favourite forum.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure they can't see the bands you got, so I believe the general advice is to get your teacher to mention it in their reference :smile:
Well done though, very impressive :cool:

...On another note

ARGHHHHHHHHH. I have a meeting tomorrow with some guy with 'experience' with the Oxford admissions process at school: it was meant to be me and another girl, but she is away at an open day... So it's just me. That's all fine and well... But... I haven't finished or even 3/4 finished my personal statement... :s-smilie:
Original post by dnumberwang

See I quite like the idea of Emma Watson being at my college... but only if she was, well, my friend. And I don't suppose that would happen :tongue:

Original post by soutioirsim
I cannot describe the rage that builds inside of me...

Edit: Just realised that I've been stalking your thread :colondollar:
Although I suppose that you could easily reapply for 2012 entry if you wanted to... (whilst being at Oxford :wink:) but I'd struggle to become an Oxford 2011 fresher! So you may allow your rage to continue building...
I'm still holding out for Chiara and Sven.

Me too :mmm:

See I quite like the idea of Emma Watson being at my college... but only if she was, well, my friend. And I don't suppose that would happen :tongue:

Maybe you could attract her by showing her your wand :sexface:

I really need to finish my PS...
Original post by manic_fuzz

+rep :sexface:

I'm not quite sure when the opportunity would arise...
Although I suppose that you could easily reapply for 2012 entry if you wanted to... (whilst being at Oxford :wink:) but I'd struggle to become an Oxford 2011 fresher! So you may allow your rage to continue building...

Hahaha could you imagine turning up to another college for an interview :lol:

"So what makes you think you're good enough for Oxford?!"

"Well, last year I got accepted to study at Oxford."

"Not good enough..."

Reply 5258
Original post by LonelySoul193
I'm pretty sure they can't see the bands you got, so I believe the general advice is to get your teacher to mention it in their reference :smile:
Well done though, very impressive :cool:

...On another note

ARGHHHHHHHHH. I have a meeting tomorrow with some guy with 'experience' with the Oxford admissions process at school: it was meant to be me and another girl, but she is away at an open day... So it's just me. That's all fine and well... But... I haven't finished or even 3/4 finished my personal statement... :s-smilie:

Oright, I will. And thanks! =L

My personal statement consists of a scattered archipelago of bearable sentences churning amid a great ocean of pretentious garbage...

I keep writing more about why i find x interesting, what I know about y, rather than about what makes me such a wonderful candidate.
Original post by ambontoast
Username: ambontoast
Subject: German & Czech (with Slovak)
GCSE: 7A*s, 4As
AS: AAAA
Predictions: A*AA
College: Brasenose

Anyone else wanting to do Czech at Oxford? I haven't met anyone yet! :frown:

I was wanting to do History and Czech at oxford but i'm stull unsure as to whether to apply, my grades are average, slightly below par in terms of gcses; plus I'm rather unsure how to structure my Personal Statement as i'm applying to russian and history in my other choices

Latest

Trending

Trending