The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3720
Original post by J o o
Should I be getting worried that I haven't gotten an accommodation email yet . _ .

It seems that most people already got theirs...

Haven't got mine either, so I called them earlier today (yesterday, really) and was told that I'm still being allocated and not to worry.

I'm packing a cardboard box just in case.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by dmz
That's fine then :tongue: saves you some money too. I've always loved apple, my mum limits me to how many i can have otherwise i could eat well over 10 in a couple of hours and no else gets any :lol:// Sweet! Don't plan on taking one up? It makes it so much easier to be fit, i used to do athletics 2 hours a week, eat all kind of crap constantly and still had 6 pacs then :tongue:, so really can't wait to get back to that. You seem to be in a really great position though :biggrin:

I don't know, I still don't think I have the confidence to do team sports. I'm happy with my plan though :biggrin:

Have you got everything you ned for moving in yet?
Reply 3722
Original post by Muffinz
I don't know, I still don't think I have the confidence to do team sports. I'm happy with my plan though :biggrin:

Have you got everything you ned for moving in yet?

aww, Whatever works :smile:

nearly, need a duvet and toiletries. Hbu? When do you move in?
Original post by rachelll=)
Does anyone know about bus passes? Do we just get them when we get there or have to get them online or what? :dontknow:

I'm at Oxley btw.

I'm at oxley as well. I bought a years bus pass online for £312 which us quite a lot but I can use all the buses in west yorkshire :smile:
Reply 3724
Got my accomodation email this morning. Got a place in Sentinel Towers, in tower A. Wikipedia says that tower A is mostly for international exchange students. Is that true?

e: Just phoned up because I was worrying a bit, and they said that they were struggling to find a place for everyone this year, so it'll probably be a mix. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3725
Original post by YYZ
Got my accomodation email this morning. Got a place in Sentinel Towers, in tower A. Wikipedia says that tower A is mostly for international exchange students. Is that true?

e: Just phoned up because I was worrying a bit, and they said that they were struggling to find a place for everyone this year, so it'll probably be a mix. :smile:

Hii! I'm in block A too. whats your flat number?!
Only found one flatmate so far! Anyone Lupton A1.3..?
Just wondering if anyone knows whether Montague Burton has ironing boards or whether i need to bring one ? :smile:
Reply 3728
Original post by raquelfunch
Just wondering if anyone knows whether Montague Burton has ironing boards or whether i need to bring one ? :smile:

There's an ironing board that hangs on the back of the shower room door.
Reply 3729
I just got mine now. Got St. Mark's; not exactly what I was hoping for since I'll need to find another place for semester 2. Ah well, guess it's better than nothing.

St. Mark's...anyone? anyone?
Original post by Se0n
I just got mine now. Got St. Mark's; not exactly what I was hoping for since I'll need to find another place for semester 2. Ah well, guess it's better than nothing.

St. Mark's...anyone? anyone?

Normally drop outs will mean you get a room elsewhere.
Meh, I got a room in St. Marks Residences too :/
I did not really like it. And it is by faaar, I mean not even close(!), to what I had originally applied for.
I am really disappointed at the University but at the same time I know they are dealing with a great number of students..

Also, we'll have to move out in January.Then what? Will the university offer help or do we have to rip-off our families' money and get private housing...?
Oh God, I'll be a homeless student in 2012 :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3732
Original post by Teh User
Normally drop outs will mean you get a room elsewhere.

Then I'm going to shamelessly say. I have never hoped for someone, anyone to drop out of Uni so badly. :colondollar:
Original post by Mazvydas
Just got my accommodation offer. And well, it's St Mark's. Not really what I was expecting, but probably it's better than nothing considering the fact that I'm a late applicant.

Maybe you guys know anybody who's going to live over there? :smile:

Hey, I also got a room in St.Mark's :smile:
I'm in block D.What about you? Have you been there before?

Trying to register on the e-Portal - on setting up payment for tuition fees, presumably if you are getting a loan for it you don't have to fill anything out here?

Cheers.
Original post by dmz
aww, Whatever works :smile:

nearly, need a duvet and toiletries. Hbu? When do you move in?

I'm almost sorted too... just need a few more kitchen items and some towels (unless my mother points me to something I've missed)... that and gotta send off my letters!
Reply 3736
Original post by strengthandhonour
Trying to register on the e-Portal - on setting up payment for tuition fees, presumably if you are getting a loan for it you don't have to fill anything out here?

Cheers.

yeah it says it somewhere on the page that if the fees are being paid by a loan company to just leave it blank. or something similar
Ahhh God... I'm going to die of alcohol poisoning on Freshers x_x there's so many parties I want to go to!
Reply 3738
Original post by Muffinz
Ahhh God... I'm going to die of alcohol poisoning on Freshers x_x there's so many parties I want to go to!

have you bought any tickets yet?
Reply 3739
Original post by Muffinz

Haha me to! They all look really cool im so excited for freshers now :smile:

Latest