The Student Room Group

WJEC PY4 21st June 2011 exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Quite confident :smile: Only a week now! x
Reply 161
Good luck to you all, it was only last year that I was in the same boat. I did the entire a-level in a year (did py1 and py3 in january and py2 and py4 in june) and the hard work + worrying paid off in the end :smile:

You guys are kind of lucky to have past papers for the exam (when I did it, we were the first people to do py4)
(edited 12 years ago)
No one got any news for WJEC results then?

Hope everyone got what they needed. :smile:
Original post by wellpastmybedtime
No one got any news for WJEC results then?

Hope everyone got what they needed. :smile:

I got an A :smile: Which I'm happy with, but I really wanted an A*, and really thought I deserved it from that exam :s , I was only a few marks off as well! I'm considering a remark, not so I can say 'I've got an A*', but for my own self-confidence! (I'm going to do a Psychology degree in October). Anyone got any advice?
I got a B in the exam but an A overall. Hey ho could have been worse :smile:
Reply 165
I got an A* in psychology! 100% in this exam! god knows how i did it! xD
Original post by adaam1
I got an A* in psychology! 100% in this exam! god knows how i did it! xD

Ahh, so jealous :tongue:
Reply 167
Hi, I hope all of your results went well! :smile: I just did AS Psychology and am now starting A2,

I was wondering if one of you guys could advise me on what textbook do you think is worth buying??,

as i was told by my teacher that for A2 the Complete companion (with the dog on it) is made to be very brief and if learnt throughly can only get you a C at most, this was done on purpose to encourage background reading, which is all good, but i don't know which books i need to help me get through...
Reply 168
Hey there :smile:

I got the following book:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AS-Level-Psychology-Through-Diagrams/dp/0199180946/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1315439548&sr=8-11

I found it very useful as it gives you additional information and critical analysis, as well as providing studies. You can then go on to expand on points and research certain areas further to bulk out your answer.

Check the contents of the book first though to make sure it covers the areas you'll be studying!

Other than that, the internet is an invaluable source of information for this course :smile:

Good luck! x
Reply 169
Ahh Cool :biggrin: , i will have to see if it includes my WJEC topics, Thanks very much! :smile:
Reply 170
Where can I get model answers for this exam?! I need answers for any potential question popping up. My technique sucks so I prefer to memorise answers. Please, any help is appreciated.
Original post by Tonykkk
Where can I get model answers for this exam?! I need answers for any potential question popping up. My technique sucks so I prefer to memorise answers. Please, any help is appreciated.

Have you spoken to your teacher about how to structure your answers?

Typically you need to get 10 marks for descriptions of theories, therapies etc. and 15 marks for evaluating them. Use studies (preferably with the researcher's names) and use them to back up or refute your argument. This will get you the marks.
Reply 172
Original post by SpicyStrawberry

Typically you need to get 10 marks for descriptions of theories, therapies etc. and 15 marks for evaluating them. Use studies (preferably with the researcher's names) and use them to back up or refute your argument. This will get you the marks.

I appreciate the help but I think I explained it badly. My teacher has shown me everything I need to know including how to get all the AO1 and AO2 marks (10+15). I am just terrible at structuring it myself and I would really like some model answers. I can't believe how hard it is to come across resources for this exam board.
Reply 173
Original post by shiffmiff
Hi, I hope all of your results went well! :smile: I just did AS Psychology and am now starting A2,

I was wondering if one of you guys could advise me on what textbook do you think is worth buying??,

as i was told by my teacher that for A2 the Complete companion (with the dog on it) is made to be very brief and if learnt throughly can only get you a C at most, this was done on purpose to encourage background reading, which is all good, but i don't know which books i need to help me get through...

There's a whole A2 companion by Eysenck and someone else that is extremely helpful. Although it was for the AQA syllabus it covers almost everything (it has a red cover, if that helps) and is absolutely worth it.
Reply 174
Original post by Tonykkk

You can't just GET them from anywhere. You write them. You research the question and then write a model answer. And then if memorizing is what works best for you, you memorize what you wrote as a model answer.
Reply 175
Original post by SpicyStrawberry

Actually including the researcher's name isn't the most important part of discussing a study. Although it's obviously better there is no harm in writing 'Another study found so and so', provided that you include the findings and/or conclusions which are far more important. Of course that doesn't mean don't TRY to learn the names of the researchers, but it's definitely not even at the top of the list of important aspects of an essay.
Original post by mel0n
Actually including the researcher's name isn't the most important part of discussing a study. Although it's obviously better there is no harm in writing 'Another study found so and so', provided that you include the findings and/or conclusions which are far more important. Of course that doesn't mean don't TRY to learn the names of the researchers, but it's definitely not even at the top of the list of important aspects of an essay.

Yeah, that's why I said preferably. It shows you're good at attention to detail, but as you've said it's not essential and the findings are what is most important.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending