The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mess.
Tennant got poisoned but got it out of his system with some mixture, can't remember the details.

The Unicorn and the Wasp, I think? Pretty sure it was cyanide, although I can't remember how he cured himself. I think it was explicitly stated that this poison had no antidote though, whereas there are a few for cyanide (nowadays, anyway).
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Darren-M
The Unicorn and the Wasp, I think? Pretty sure it was cyanide, although I can't remember how he cured himself. I think it was explicitly stated that this poison had no antidote though, whereas there are a few for cyanide (nowadays, anyway).

Did Donna shocking him have something to do with it? I doubt it, but I can't remember what relevance that had to the story :biggrin:.
Original post by Pandora.
Did Donna shocking him have something to do with it? I doubt it, but I can't remember what relevance that had to the story :biggrin:.

Oh hello again you.

Yeah, I've just researched it. He used ginger beer, anchovies and a shock (the kiss from Donna) to purge himself of it.
Oh hello again you.

Yeah, I've just researched it. He used ginger beer, anchovies and a shock (the kiss from Donna) to purge himself of it.

:wavey:

Well I'll bear that in mind if I ever get poisoned :tongue:
Original post by J.Bell
So do you think he's coming back from this? Maybe using his death as a diversion or part of a plan?

It'll be something to do with two Doctors, which has been referenced all throughout this series. I also think a parallel universe may come up.

The "Rory is a nurse" thing might also come into play.
After watching Let's Kill Hitler again, I'm thinking that the Doctor who turns up in his TARDIS when River is about to be miniaturised isn't the Doctor that was dying in the TARDIS. It's just that he says "Doctor Who?" (which I think is also the question that the Silence want) but at the same time, it's evident that he's dying. :dontknow:
:wavey:

Well I'll bear that in mind if I ever get poisoned :tongue:

That`s only the cure for time lords, humans just die.
Original post by elitepower
That`s only the cure for time lords, humans just die.

How do you know I'm not a time lord? :u:
How do you know I'm not a time lord? :u:

Well.. you're female, no? That's the first problem. :tongue:
Well.. you're female, no? That's the first problem. :tongue:

:angry:

:tongue:
:angry:

:tongue:

:biggrin:

So.. can we lock you up in an underground bunker and send electrical shocks through your body while we x-ray you and discover you have two hearts?

Or does that not happen in reallife. :frown:
The Rani is a female Time Lord - I fail to see the problem here.
Original post by LastLordofTime
The Rani is a female Time Lord - I fail to see the problem here.

As we all know, the wiki is always correct, so..

The TARDIS
Ushas, later known as The Rani, was a renegade Time Lady. She knew both the Master and the Doctor when all three were young and became an unwilling ally of the former and an enemy of the latter.
The Girl Who Waited teasers

Below you will find our first 15 teasers for The Girl Who Waited.

It’s the least noticeable Doctor-lite episode there has ever been
And it’s completely standalone
Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill are on top form throughout and it’s really their episode
If only Amy hadn’t pushed that button
“******* are cool, see.”
Rory is an admirer of fine ‘art’
“This is a kindness, do not be alarmed”
A greeting from Let’s Kill Hitler is repeated
The Doctor is jealous of something Amy has made
36 years
“I hate *** ******!”
Amy gets a new pet and it will make you smile
Rory almost does what he does. Again
It’s extra wobbly
Another common phrase from Moffat’s-era crops up again

We’ll have another 15 more for you later in the week.

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-girl-who-waited-teasers-25525.htm

Btw should teasers be in spoiler even if they aren't partcularly spoilery?
Reply 6575
Original post by sleekchic

I'd say they should be as I don't like to catch them. I even avoid the trailers at the end of each episode.
Original post by sleekchic
The Girl Who Waited teasers

Below you will find our first 15 teasers for The Girl Who Waited.

It’s the least noticeable Doctor-lite episode there has ever been The only doctor-lite episode I liked was Turn Left, so I hope this is to a similar quality. Although the Doctor will probaly influence event, even if he can`t physically.
And it’s completely standalone So no meantion of the Doctor`s death. Putting money on a reference in episode 11
Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill are on top form throughout and it’s really their episode So a companion heavy, Doctor-lite episode. After Turn Left, it has a high standard to match.
If only Amy hadn’t pushed that button [She always pressed the button
“******* are cool, see.” Glasses if rory says it. Perhaps stetsons if it is the Doctor but that would be a bit early.
Rory is an admirer of fine ‘art That was in the trailer
“This is a kindness, do not be alarmed” That sounds like a handbot saying
A greeting from Let’s Kill Hitler is repeated Attempting to kill the Doctor?
The Doctor is jealous of something Amy has made Really?
36 years Age or time the Doctor has left Amy for
“I hate *** ******!” The Doctor
Amy gets a new pet and it will make you smile We already know about this
Rory almost does what he does. Again Well the writers made it 5 episodes without him dying. At least they tried.
It’s extra wobbly That`ll be the faster timestream
Another common phrase from Moffat’s-era crops up again It better not be "Time can be rewritten" as I hate that catchphrase.

We’ll have another 15 more for you later in the week.

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-girl-who-waited-teasers-25525.htm

Btw should teasers be in spoiler even if they aren't partcularly spoilery?

Got the majority I think, seem a bit simple this week.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mess.
I'd say they should be as I don't like to catch them. I even avoid the trailers at the end of each episode.

I'll bear that in mind for next time.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
A lot of people have said that the whole Amy wanting Melody as a baby has been wrapped up in Mels growing up alongside her mother and father. But we've still had no explanation for the photos in the little girl's bedroom.

I wonder how they fit in...

Maybe it was just to inform us the auidence that Amy will have a baby and it will be the girl (river) who operates the astronaut suit? Or maybe time will be rewritten (shudder) and Amy will get to raise River with Rory at the end of series 6?
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
A lot of people have said that the whole Amy wanting Melody as a baby has been wrapped up in Mels growing up alongside her mother and father. But we've still had no explanation for the photos in the little girl's bedroom.

I wonder how they fit in...

What if Amy and Rory are the godparents of the Doctor and River's baby!

Latest