The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Thank you both for your prayers. Got through the entire day without feeling weary and looking forward to an early night! Some of my fatigue is due to the medication both for my heart condition and for my depressive and anxiety disorders. I often remind myself about how weary our Lord must have felt during his mission.

This is the longest term, as you say Yawn, and it also the hardest for reports, evening commitments and student support. Once its over I always feel that the academic year is well on its way towards the summer break!

I'm also going to make a real effort to learn the new prayers and responses. It will keep me occupied during my lunchtime duties of patrolling the corridors!

I'm also asking St Dymphna to intervene for you LG!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Arcane Barn Elk
Thank you both for your prayers. Got through the entire day without feeling weary and looking forward to an early night!

This is the longest term, as you say Yawn, and it also the hardest for reports, evening commitments and student support. Once its over I always feel that the academic year is well on its way towards the summer break!

I'm also going to make a real effort to learn the new prayers and responses. It will keep me occupied during my lunchtime duties of patrolling the corridors!

Thank you :awesome:

I'm confused. Are you a teacher? :colondollar:
Yes, I am. I only teach A Level though - I'd never have the energy for lower school! I also used to lecture at university but I did not like the short term contracts so went into independent school teaching. I love it which is why I'm still doing it despite my health problems.

Sorry I edited while you were replying!
Yes, I am. I only teach A Level though - I'd never have the energy for lower school! I also used to lecture at university but I did not like the short term contracts so went into independent school teaching. I love it which is why I'm still doing it despite my health problems.

Sorry I edited while you were replying!

Teaching just A Level must be nice: people who really want to learn about the subject and who are willing to put the work in :yes:
Thank you both for your prayers. Got through the entire day without feeling weary and looking forward to an early night! Some of my fatigue is due to the medication both for my heart condition and for my depressive and anxiety disorders. I often remind myself about how weary our Lord must have felt during his mission.

Prayer said for you :h:

TLG, prayer said for you as well. Keep going :yep:
Also, seriously, who keeps coming into this thread to neg me :angry:
Original post by adamrules247
Prayer said for you :h:

TLG, prayer said for you as well. Keep going :yep:

Thank you :hugs:

Ignore the haters :console:
Reply 3007
Also, seriously, who keeps coming into this thread to neg me :angry:

Have you not got enough 'credit' to get free subscription yet? Then you could see who it was and report them.

Alternatively, you could pm one of the admin staff...say RK for example as he's more sympathetic than most of the mods are likely to be (particularly the forum mods)...and ask him to intervene since this society thread is supposedly 'sacred' for those who share a common bond and if we can't talk freely amongst ourselves without lurkers neg repping then it's anathema to all that society threads are about.

You never got this sort of antagonism when we were placed within the 'socities' sub-forums. It is exactly the sort of thing that I expressed misgivings about, when the society was first placed here. :mad:
Reply 3008
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Ignore the haters :console:

It's more easily said than done, particularly if you're the one bearing the brunt. :smile:
Original post by yawn
It's more easily said than done, particularly if you're the one bearing the brunt. :smile:

I suppose it's more easier for me to say it because I can see who negs me and usually decide that they aren't worth my time caring about it :yes:
Original post by yawn
Have you not got enough 'credit' to get free subscription yet? Then you could see who it was and report them.

Alternatively, you could pm one of the admin staff...say RK for example as he's more sympathetic than most of the mods are likely to be (particularly the forum mods)...and ask him to intervene since this society thread is supposedly 'sacred' for those who share a common bond and if we can't talk freely amongst ourselves without lurkers neg repping then it's anathema to all that society threads are about.

You never got this sort of antagonism when we were placed within the 'socities' sub-forums. It is exactly the sort of thing that I expressed misgivings about, when the society was first placed here. :mad:

I did used to have a sub (hence the big pic) but couldn't really afford to keep it up. And now I'm a university student I officially have no money :eek3: :wink:

On the flip side though at least I can cook. The other people I'm sharing with can't really, bless them. I just had to advise on of them how to cook his chicken kiev.
I did used to have a sub (hence the big pic) but couldn't really afford to keep it up. And now I'm a university student I officially have no money :eek3: :wink:

On the flip side though at least I can cook. The other people I'm sharing with can't really, bless them. I just had to advise on of them how to cook his chicken kiev.

Even I can manage to cook a chicken kiev :biggrin:

Still having fun so far? You must keep us updated! Moving away to uni is a very exciting time :smile:
Even I can manage to cook a chicken kiev :biggrin:

Still having fun so far? You must keep us updated! Moving away to uni is a very exciting time :smile:

Fun, but a little daunting and a tad lonely perhaps (nobodies had the chance to join any societies yet). The daunting aspect comes from the fact that all the paper work we have to do and it isn't explained very well. I found out I had a meeting this morning for example and got there only 5 minutes before the scheduled closing time for people with my last name (basically if your last name ended in A - C then you had a meeting which you could attend between 10am - 11am. I only found out about it at 10:55am).
Fun, but a little daunting and a tad lonely perhaps (nobodies had the chance to join any societies yet). The daunting aspect comes from the fact that all the paper work we have to do and it isn't explained very well. I found out I had a meeting this morning for example and got there only 5 minutes before the scheduled closing time for people with my last name (basically if your last name ended in A - C then you had a meeting which you could attend between 10am - 11am. I only found out about it at 10:55am).

Just remember that everyone else is in the same boat and it won't be this confusing paperwork-wise forever once term gets into the swing of things :hugs:
Just remember that everyone else is in the same boat and it won't be this confusing paperwork-wise forever once term gets into the swing of things :hugs:

Thanks. It seems to be going a bit more smoothly, and I managed to access my internet bank as well so things seem to be ironing out :smile:
Thanks. It seems to be going a bit more smoothly, and I managed to access my internet bank as well so things seem to be ironing out :smile:

There you go! God will take good care of you :smile:
There you go! God will take good care of you :smile:

Yep, I need to say a big thanks to St. Joseph as well. I have a card of him with the child Jesus and I asked him last night to help sort it all and, quite frankly, he did!
Yep, I need to say a big thanks to St. Joseph as well. I have a card of him with the child Jesus and I asked him last night to help sort it all and, quite frankly, he did!

:biggrin:

I don't approach the saints much for help. Or the Virgin Mary, though I'm working on that. Maybe I should try talking to the saints more :smile:
:biggrin:

I don't approach the saints much for help. Or the Virgin Mary, though I'm working on that. Maybe I should try talking to the saints more :smile:

It wasn't really a formal prayer or anything, I just caught the prayer cards eye and said please help me. I pray to St. John the Baptist every night, who's a great help. I think devotion to Mama Maria (as I call her) is easiest, she is, quite simply, our mother, and she always takes us by the hand, picks us up when we're down, and leads us to Christ :smile:
It wasn't really a formal prayer or anything, I just caught the prayer cards eye and said please help me. I pray to St. John the Baptist every night, who's a great help. I think devotion to Mama Maria (as I call her) is easiest, she is, quite simply, our mother, and she always takes us by the hand, picks us up when we're down, and leads us to Christ :smile:

Yeah when I do talk to her, She's really lovely :smile: I'm trying to say a rosary most days, which I think is helping my spirituality a bit. I'm still feeling pretty good after going for confession a while ago. Since then, my brain has been working for the first time in 7 months :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending