The Student Room Group

Make-up ideas, colours, techniques

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by tiger lolly
Just showed my gf this thread she's guna try the green looks and the smokey eyeshadow picture 3 thanks for posting.

Thanks for showing your gf :smile: Hope she likes them. If she has any ideas what so ever she could post them etc. Would be great to keep them coming although the thread seems to have gone rather qute but i'll still be posting ideas/tutorials/pictures to keep people interested :smile:
Thank you for your reply :smile:
Original post by Lovin
Thanks for showing your gf :smile: Hope she likes them. If she has any ideas what so ever she could post them etc. Would be great to keep them coming although the thread seems to have gone rather qute but i'll still be posting ideas/tutorials/pictures to keep people interested :smile:
Thank you for your reply :smile:

Yeh ill let her on my account if she has anything to post she's not registered on this forum. Can't b bothered with them in all honesty. So I keep letting her look everytime there's a new post. Very good ideas and she loves doing her eyeshadow so this is right up her street although she now wants me to buy her them make up palette tht were posted in the last page.....dunno if this was such a good idea lol
Reply 102
Orange eyeshadow

This is not a very widely used colour either but blended with the right colours CAN look gorgeous. There are not very many pics BUT if you used a yellow or maybe a natural colour of a brown to blend into the skin it could look absoloutely lovely.
This pic here I thought was amazing. Not the colours iv mentioned but for a dramatic look, this is amazing.

I did a nice eyeshadowy thing and took some pics, shall upload tomorrow if remember!
Reply 104
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I did a nice eyeshadowy thing and took some pics, shall upload tomorrow if remember!

Awesome hun :smile: cant wait to see. I would upload my own pics but my camera is ****e. So it makes it impossible to take good pictures where u can actually see the colours properly. They look very dull when I take pictures.
Reply 105
Just got the sets I ordered from beauty spot regarding the sleek make-up, gotta say they are fricken lovely colours, feel soft on the skin, the applicators that come with the set are fantastic, hold a lot of colour too.

Love the colours :biggrin:

Def reccomend them now that I have them.
Ugh you are my soul sisters! I'm obsessed with youtube tutorials, particularly pixiwoo, pixi2woo and bubzbeauty. I'll definitely be trying out some of these looks :smile:

This just popped up on my facebook news feed...WOAH!
Reply 108

That's pretty cool!

I am in love with neutral colours for daytime, but at night I love smokey eyes! It' just something about smokey eyes which I love :love:
Original post by Doofy
That's pretty cool!

I am in love with neutral colours for daytime, but at night I love smokey eyes! It' just something about smokey eyes which I love :love:

Agreed. D'you vary your smokey eye colour or stick to blacks and greys?
Reply 110
Agreed. D'you vary your smokey eye colour or stick to blacks and greys?

Depends what I'm wearing really..
I've got this one dress which is really brightly coloured, so I would improvise and add a bit of colour in for something like that :smile:
Normally I stick to blacks and greys though, I'm not very adventurous :erm:
Oh wow, just stumbled on this thread, some of these are amazing. I usually just stick to metallic smokey eyes and liquid eyeliner flicks for a night out, but now I feel like experimenting, cheers :smile:.

By the way, I find Miss Sporty liquid eyeliner really good to create flicks with, and cheap too, winner!
Reply 112
Original post by cool_side_of_the_pillow
Ugh you are my soul sisters! I'm obsessed with youtube tutorials, particularly pixiwoo, pixi2woo and bubzbeauty. I'll definitely be trying out some of these looks :smile:

Awesome hun, nice to see people joining the thread :biggrin: Will update it regularly and check back to previous pages for other ideas. I did a section on green, and smokey eyes. There are tutorials too and if you find any make-up that is fantastic to wear, post a pic and maybe even an online link to a place you can buy it from, and tell us why you think it's great :biggrin:.

(again that sleek eye shadow someone reccomended to the thread is fantastic. Not too sure who it was and cant quote anyone else from a dfferent page but thanks)

This is amazing. :eek:
EDIT:: just noticed something. this looks like the nightmare before christmas theme. With the smirly hill and jack the lantern stood ontop of it. Is that the theme to this eye shadow do you know?
Original post by Doofy
That's pretty cool!

Original post by Doofy
Depends what I'm wearing really..
I've got this one dress which is really brightly coloured, so I would improvise and add a bit of colour in for something like that :smile:
Normally I stick to blacks and greys though, I'm not very adventurous :erm:

I posted something a few pages back covering different smokey eye techniques. You can add a bit of black to any colour to make it smokey. Green, blue, purple, even red. So dont be afraid to try to experiment out of the normal. I like the smouldering smokey eye which is basically brown mixed with black on the outer lid, a lighter brown for the inner lid and obviously a brown for the mid ld and blended out to the skin with a peach. works lovely and gives a very nice sensual smoulder look :biggrin:
This thread is all about being adventurous. Give it a go. No harm in practising :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 113
Original post by BlueSmartie
Oh wow, just stumbled on this thread, some of these are amazing. I usually just stick to metallic smokey eyes and liquid eyeliner flicks for a night out, but now I feel like experimenting, cheers :smile:.

By the way, I find Miss Sporty liquid eyeliner really good to create flicks with, and cheap too, winner!

Missed you out with the quotes hun. Whats the miss sporty eye liner like? easy to apply?

Hope you find ideas and inspiration from this thread and if you have any ideas what so ever dont be afriad to post. Any tips or product reccomendations :biggrin: happy to hear them. We do have a bloke too who's showing this thread to his gf too :rolleyes:
Some of the ideas on here are beautiful. :love:

I swear to God that I've always heard/ seen on the internet that brown eyes look best with pinks, purples and browns (blech, I've never wanted to wear any of those colours) but lately websites are suggesting that blues and silvers are amazing for dark eyes. :curious: Which sounds better, so I might start to experiment with blues rather than were black/grey smokey eyes all the time.
Reply 115
Original post by SophiaKeuning
Some of the ideas on here are beautiful. :love:

I swear to God that I've always heard/ seen on the internet that brown eyes look best with pinks, purples and browns (blech, I've never wanted to wear any of those colours) but lately websites are suggesting that blues and silvers are amazing for dark eyes. :curious: Which sounds better, so I might start to experiment with blues rather than were black/grey smokey eyes all the time.

Just googled it and found a link you might be interested in.

Apparently greens and bronze are the best colours to make brown eyes pop.

Here is a link for anyone interested

Eye Shadow 101 :: Brown Eyes
Reply 116
Anyone got any good suggestions for a look I can create using either the Urban Decay Naked Pallette, the Urban Decay Sustainable Pallette or the Too Faced Natual Eye Pallette?
I'm a bridesmaid this weekend and taking those three pallettes with me. At the moment I'm planning on using the Too Faced one and working with the 'Fashion' set of colours (the bottom of the three sets). However, I'm aware matte colours can be better for photos so if anyone has any ideas for matte colours (particularly from the Naked Pallette as I got this quite recently and am still in the honeymoon period with it ha ha) I'd be really interested to try them!
I'd run like hell if I saw a girl wearing any of these looks in real life. I'm scared of clowns. :afraid:
Reply 118
Original post by Sazzle4
Anyone got any good suggestions for a look I can create using either the Urban Decay Naked Pallette, the Urban Decay Sustainable Pallette or the Too Faced Natual Eye Pallette?
I'm a bridesmaid this weekend and taking those three pallettes with me. At the moment I'm planning on using the Too Faced one and working with the 'Fashion' set of colours (the bottom of the three sets). However, I'm aware matte colours can be better for photos so if anyone has any ideas for matte colours (particularly from the Naked Pallette as I got this quite recently and am still in the honeymoon period with it ha ha) I'd be really interested to try them!

What colour dress are you going to wear?
Reply 119
Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
I'd run like hell if I saw a girl wearing any of these looks in real life. I'm scared of clowns. :afraid:

What are you talking about?! Some of these looks are really quite pretty and it's only because most of the pictures are close up's of the eye they look over dramatised. Some of these pctures are from celebrity faces. Your telling me tthat youd run from a celebrity wearing professional make-up?
Have you even looked through the whole thread.

Quick Reply

Latest