The Student Room Group

Anyone from Seven Kings High School...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
:O I seriously cant believe you didnt get in. I know one person who got into both ilford country and seven kings with NO A*. But for their AS results they pulled out 4A's. One of my other friends got rejected and just went to them on results day and they gave him a seat... maybe if you change one of the subjects you wish to do at A levels then they'll give you a space. Currently maths, biology, chemistry and psychology are the most subscribed a levels. Btw dont think im giving false hope because i go to the sixth form and got fairly average gcses (relative to the others in my year) so theres still hope. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Sadian
Sad times man, sad times...

Tell me about it, they just never liked me ever since I found out about what they did with the garbage.....
Reply 162
Original post by namzy01
:O I seriously cant believe you didnt get in. I know one person who got into both ilford country and seven kings with NO A*. But for their AS results they pulled out 4A's. One of my other friends got rejected and just went to them on results day and they gave him a seat... maybe if you change one of the subjects you wish to do at A levels then they'll give you a space. Currently maths, biology, chemistry and psychology are the most subscribed a levels. Btw dont think im giving false hope because i go to the sixth form and got fairly average gcses (relative to the others in my year) so theres still hope. :smile:

Do you still go Seven Kings?

Original post by F_shakeey
Tell me about it, they just never liked me ever since I found out about what they did with the garbage.....

Sometimes it's better to not know and remain ignorant... :frown:
Original post by Sadian

Sometimes it's better to not know and remain ignorant... :frown:

Indeed but sometimes the unseeable cannot be unseen :iiam:
Reply 164
Original post by F_shakeey
Indeed but sometimes the unseeable cannot be unseen :iiam:

Then the mind is scarred forever.
Reply 165
Original post by Sadian
Do you still go Seven Kings?

Yes i just started year 13. The A2's seem fun :smile:
Reply 166
Original post by namzy01
Yes i just started year 13. The A2's seem fun :smile:

Ah coool. What subjects you doing?

Also, how many people are there in a form class?
Reply 167
Original post by Sadian
Ah coool. What subjects you doing?

Also, how many people are there in a form class?

Bio Maths Chem Psychology. The class is split in two. 12 people from year 12 and approx 12 from year 13. So altogether theres like 24 form groups for the whole sixth form. (the only introduced this new scheme when i started year 12) Coincidentally this is when they introduced the military uniform :/
Reply 168
Original post by namzy01
Bio Maths Chem Psychology. The class is split in two. 12 people from year 12 and approx 12 from year 13. So altogether theres like 24 form groups for the whole sixth form. (the only introduced this new scheme when i started year 12) Coincidentally this is when they introduced the military uniform :/

Yikes :/ what was the uniform before?
Reply 169
Original post by Sadian
Yikes :/ what was the uniform before?

There wasnt uniform before. :frown: it was all casual clothing as long as it wasnt too extreme and revealing then it was sorted. Seems like Seven Kings wants to copy Valentines with their military uniform procedures.
Reply 170
What did they do with their garbage?
Original post by Count Stefular
I'm just finishing up my A2's at Seven Kings, done the exact same classes as you, and was external. If you have any questions, feel free to ask :smile:

Hey,
I am still finishing off my GCSE'S, I am in year 11 and I wanted to ask if you think that studying Biology and Chemistry is difficult? If there is a big jump from GCSE to A Level work? And also what you personally thought about the processes of applying as an external candidate?
Reply 172
Hi, I'm just wondering, what grades did you get for your GCSEs or what were your predicted grades which got you in Seven Kings Sixth form?
Reply 173
Original post by Mage123
Hi, I'm just wondering, what grades did you get for your GCSEs or what were your predicted grades which got you in Seven Kings Sixth form?

Predicted grades were 5A*s, 6As.

I got in, got interview and all. Made a slightly not-so-good impression and was put on waiting list.

Thought I'd just get rejected. Went on results day (6A*s, 5As) and they took me in right there and then, even if I wasn't on the waiting list.
Reply 174
lol **** me :|
my predicted grades are only 4 A*s 2 As 3 Bs
lol what do you think, you think I have any chance of getting in? lol
Reply 175
Original post by Mage123
lol **** me :|
my predicted grades are only 4 A*s 2 As 3 Bs
lol what do you think, you think I have any chance of getting in? lol

Yeah, of course. There's a few externals here with no A*s at all, it's not just about grades (although obviously they still need to be good and yours are). Just make your application good and make sure you impress at your interview. I'll admit, I can see why they rejected me. I came to the interview and was shy, not passionate and messy. Try your best at the interview, your predicted grades are what most of the people here at SKHS have. There's no reason you wouldn't have a decent chance if you try.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Sadian
Yeah, of course. There's a few externals here with no A*s at all, it's not just about grades (although obviously they still need to be good and yours are). Just make your application good and make sure you impress at your interview. I'll admit, I can see why they rejected me. I came to the interview and was shy, not passionate and messy. Try your best at the interview, your predicted grades are what most of the people here at SKHS have. There's no reason you wouldn't have a decent chance if you try.

Chicken Stop, every day, 5 days a week
Reply 177
Original post by ?!master?!mini?!
Chicken Stop, every day, 5 days a week

Eh?
Original post by Sadian
Eh?

I guess then that you're not a fan of fried chicken
Reply 179
Original post by ?!master?!mini?!
I guess then that you're not a fan of fried chicken

I am but... I don't even know. What are you on about?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending