Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Coventry University - Starting 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by Jonny_E
hey! anyone else doing industrial product design? or going to be studying in the design school? also if your staying in callice court block D i think i'm in let me know! :smile:

Hey Jonny. I'm doing Graphic Design so I'm guessing I'll be studying at the design school too. :biggrin:
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 341
Hey guys, I'm going cov to do Biomedical Science :smile: Hoping to meet some new people starting the same course.
Gonna be commuting from Birmingham :smile: Let me know who else is doing biomed
Reply 342
when do lectures actually start?
Original post by deathbeforeimmortality

Original post by deathbeforeimmortality
Cov is nice. You guys will enjoy it.

Nice to hear! ^^ x
Reply 344
Quick question peeeeeeeps. I don't fully understand how and when tuition fees are paid? Do we even see them, or do they go straight to the uni? Just a tad confused atm! Also, when do we receive timetables and how? Ta
Original post by Tomas.

Original post by Tomas.
Quick question peeeeeeeps. I don't fully understand how and when tuition fees are paid? Do we even see them, or do they go straight to the uni? Just a tad confused atm! Also, when do we receive timetables and how? Ta

If you're paying it with student loans, they should send you a timetable for payments when everythings gone through. It'll get paid straight to the uni either way :smile: As for timetables, I'm pretty sure we get them on our induction day! :smile:
Reply 346
Cool, so whereas with accommodation for example I'll set up a standing order or summin' from my bank account, I don't need to do that for the tuition fees? So when does the uni receive my money? My student finance page says I will receive half of the £3375 at the start of January, and the other half in April I think. So will the uni receive it on them 2 dates?
Hey guys, I'll be studying Biomedical science and I'm living in Holyhead Road. Looking to try and make some friends beforehand.. so hiiii :smile: *anticipates being ignored*
Reply 348
Original post by WalkingOnSunshine-x
Hey guys, I'll be studying Biomedical science and I'm living in Holyhead Road. Looking to try and make some friends beforehand.. so hiiii :smile: *anticipates being ignored*

Hey! :smile: Hoping to see you around
Original post by Tomas.
Cool, so whereas with accommodation for example I'll set up a standing order or summin' from my bank account, I don't need to do that for the tuition fees? So when does the uni receive my money? My student finance page says I will receive half of the £3375 at the start of January, and the other half in April I think. So will the uni receive it on them 2 dates?

That's right :smile:
Reply 350
Original post by jammin p

Original post by jammin p
hey everyone, just to let people know that if they need private accommodation then they can ask me, as I got offered a house share from the university letting agency ''future lets'' which I accepted. Although I am now going to commute to university so I no longer need the accommodation. basically the accommodation is a 4 bedroom house, with all the students being 1st year Coventry university students and the accommodation is on Abbercrom road which is a 10 minutes walk from the city centre. the price of the accommodation is only £240 per month so it is also very cheap. so there it is you can message me if your interested and want further details.

how are the conditions of the house?
Original post by Jonny_E

Original post by Jonny_E
hey! anyone else doing industrial product design? or going to be studying in the design school? also if your staying in callice court block D i think i'm in let me know! :smile:

Wheyy! I've finally found someone that's also in block D at Callice Court!! Gosh, this is hard work lol.
Reply 352
Original post by suzanni
Heyyyyy!

I'm having a bit of a 'mare with accomodation! I went to the clearing Open day on Sat 20th to sort out my course and to look around (as I was applying through clearing)- it was all good :smile: However, I had to be home early as I had a family event and a long drive back so couldn't sort out accom then on the day. I applied the next day though for accom online and got my offer back on 27th Aug.

It really isn't one I wanted- 71 Barras Lane. I was hoping for Singer Halls or any of the larger halls really- they would have been AMAZING! I was a little frustated as I know others have visited the uni after I applied for accomodation and got their offer for it straight away- it seems a little unfair that if you applied online you had to wait 7-10 days.

Would be soo grateful if anyone knew anything about Barras Lane? I couldn't find any info or pictures online (apart from goggle maps!!) haha. Also, what happens if you decline your offer? can you reapply?

Thankssssss soo much :smile: Wahh sorrry it's long! lol x

Hello!

Did you accept your offer for 71 Barras Lane, if so, we are house mates! :smile: x
Reply 353
Original post by Lightningriver
Yeh cool. Do you have any idea how the numbering system works? :smile:

Well the first number is your flat and the second is your room (eg. i'm in 49.2 so that's flat 49 room 2). There's apparently different blocks aswell but you won't know which block your in til we get there.
When is the latest to enrol online? is there a deadline?
Original post by Bossa Nova
When is the latest to enrol online? is there a deadline?

I think Coventry just said before your course starts. They say to contact them if you haven't received an email from them about enrolment ([email protected]) by the 9th of september.

Edit: Sorry it took so long, I had to find the student guide online because I've misplaced mine :teehee:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by BioFurMatPhyStudent
I think Coventry just said before your course starts. They say to contact them if you haven't received an email from them about enrolment ([email protected]) by the 9th of september.

Edit: Sorry it took so long, I had to find the student guide online because I've misplaced mine :teehee:

Thank you. It's just that i'm having some trouble with student finance so I wont be able to enrol until like next week or something. :smile:
Original post by jade_elise
I had to find a house share today it doesn't look too bad and its soo much cheaper than halls I'm just hoping ill be able to make friends since im not in halls :/

did you find somewhere already ?

and does anybody know anybody who has done house shares in the first year ?

Did you finally found something? If yes, please give me details. Have a friend who's looking for a house to share.
Original post by tlove
Is there anyone in the forum going in for nursing this september?Just want to know how many days you go for lectures and placements.Thanks.

hi im staring in september too wats ur name?:smile:
Has anyone enrolled online yet?
The Enrolment Sign-In screen won't let me sign in... :sad: Anyone else having problems??? :confused:
I phoned up Cov and emailed them but no luck... I might have to go in and talk to them in person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending