The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jampolo
haha, this is a pretty culturally diverse thread we got here :wink:
Need to finish PS today, i've sort of longed it off. My membership is only 17 a month cos i signed up with friends :P i got inspiration and motivation, mainly THIS GUY

THE MUSIC IS FUARKING AWESOME. He's ripped, everywhere. Plus chicks love him.

tut tut you got to push yourself, seriously today was legs day and im on machines and i cant even walk to get off i just like roll to the nearest chair. :wink:

Wow, he is indeed ripped! Reminds me of Scarface Al Pacino lol. The hair! I used to do that, I worked my legs so hard one day, I felt a blinding pain go up my back, and I just saw a flash of white. But it felt really good aswell! So I did it again. That was definitely the worst day, my fav moment is just after going hard on the machines, your legs feel weightless. :colone:
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Wow, he is indeed ripped! Reminds me of Scarface Al Pacino lol. The hair! I used to do that, I worked my legs so hard one day, I felt a blinding pain go up my back, and I just saw a flash of white. But it felt really good aswell! So I did it again. That was definitely the worst day, my fav moment is just after going hard on the machines, your legs feel weightless. :colone:

Ha, love that feeling! i feel like im floating :tongue: I just want to get shredded before uni. Got a year :tongue:
Original post by TheTallOne
Yeah just turn up, it's not as if there are security guarding the fences perimeter. However there are park and ride facilities running that day since campus can't cope with the traffic. I'm sure someone on here will be able to post the details :smile:

And yeah, I agree that if the courses are close enough in reputation and job prospects then you should start considering other things - but rather than just 'location' you should be asking yourself what life would be like living 3 or 4 years in this place. How good are the facilities and the atmosphere and the nightlife? If you've lived in the city all your life you might find a campus uni like Warwick a bit weird, but similarly those who live in leafy suburbs might hate city life.

I live in a leafy suburb but I'd much rather live in the middle of a city :tongue:
It's an absolute trek to get to anywhere worth going :frown:
Anyone else got any easy easy STEP like questions to post here! :p:

The goat attached to a barn question. It's in STEP I from a while back.
Now I can't decide between G100, G101 and G104 :dontknow:
Original post by dnumberwang
Now I can't decide between G100, G101 and G104 :dontknow:

I'm thinking of doing an MMath is I think I'm good enough, at the end of the first year, transferring. I've heard it's a hassle to transfer but with the higher entry requirements for most places it's too much of a risk for me, I'm already pushing my luck as it is!
I'm thinking of doing an MMath is I think I'm good enough, at the end of the first year, transferring. I've heard it's a hassle to transfer but with the higher entry requirements for most places it's too much of a risk for me, I'm already pushing my luck as it is!

G103 is the MMath, G101 and G104 are the BSc and the Masters with a year in Europe :tongue: Not sure about it though...
G103 is the MMath, G101 and G104 are the BSc and the Masters with a year in Europe :tongue: Not sure about it though...

Oh, wow, you must really want to get away from your town! :P I don't want to go anywhere that doesn't speak all English tbh lol. Only exception would be the UAE. :colone:
A smooth billiard ball moves on a smooth horizontal table and strikes another identical ball which is at rest. The coefficient of restitution between the two balls is e(<1). Show that after the collision the angle between the velocities of the balls is less than pi/2.

This is only the first part, if there is interest I will post the next part.
Original post by ben-smith
A smooth billiard ball moves on a smooth horizontal table and strikes another identical ball which is at rest. The coefficient of restitution between the two balls is e(<1). Show that after the collision the angle between the velocities of the balls is less than pi/2.

This is only the first part, if there is interest I will post the next part.

Does this require M2 knowledge?
Does this require M2 knowledge?

You have to know what the coefficient of restitution is but it is hardly a very complicated concept.
Original post by ben-smith
You have to know what the coefficient of restitution is but it is hardly a very complicated concept.

I've never really been the biggest fan of mechanics question per se, as they always seem too 'brute force' i.e. you just write down all the relevant equations and fiddle with them until the answer drops out. It just doesn't seem like there' much room for elegance in A-level and STEP mechanics. The question given is a case in point.
Original post by TheMagicMan
I've never really been the biggest fan of mechanics question per se, as they always seem too 'brute force' i.e. you just write down all the relevant equations and fiddle with them until the answer drops out. It just doesn't seem like there' much room for elegance in A-level and STEP mechanics. The question given is a case in point.

Tbf, that's only because it's the first part of the question.
Reply 1334
Another UCAS question. Anyone finished the "Additional Information" part of UCAS?

I want to put down a summer school for the "access to higher education", but where do we actually put down the name of the event/ summer school?!

Also, other than grades, PS, and references, and perhaps the family background/occupation, do unis look closely at anything else from UCAS (serious question)? Anyone filling these mentioned sections out with details? What kind of things you all including for maths?
Original post by Small123
Anyone starting STEP revision yet hah?

I love you're picture!!!! Doodle jump is amazing!!! :P
Reply 1336

Sorry if it's been said, but the first one on 2005 I.
Reply 1337
I'm planning to apply for Cambridge Part III Tripos and Oxford MMath research around the end of this December, after Fall semester (US student). That way, I can put up my Fall grades when applying since they would really help me get in. I'm not really worried about getting in. It's just the funding.. especially since all the scholarship deadlines are November-ish.

I'm going to be so angry in about 7 months if I get in with little to no funding for either program.. (which is probably the case and there's nothing I can really do about it)
(edited 12 years ago)
Looked around the Warwick campus today, I was there for long enough to decide that it wasn't the university for me :dontknow:
Looked around the Warwick campus today, I was there for long enough to decide that it wasn't the university for me :dontknow:

:O Fair enough. :smile:

P.S Why has this thread died?! I know college has started for most of you, but no comments in 2 days! *_*
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest