The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys!
I need some help... I'm trying to get an HCA job anywhere in England. I have already applied for some posts through NHS Jobs website and I got two rejections :s-smilie:

Could somebody PM some tips because I think I am not including the right information or something.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by areyousure?
Hey guys!
I need some help... I'm trying to get an HCA job anywhere in England. I have already applied for some posts through NHS Jobs website and I got two rejections :s-smilie:

Could somebody PM some tips because I think I am not including the right information or something.

same position as you...have applied for 8 HCA jobs so far and not even one interview, ah dear.

(if anyone would like to pm me help aswell it would be greatly appreciated!)
Original post by atomos
same position as you...have applied for 8 HCA jobs so far and not even one interview, ah dear.

Wow 8, I've wanted to apply but there's non available in any immediate hospital within my city. There a lot at a village hospital 13miles away but I don't think its realistic to go that far.
Original post by Jin3011
Wow 8, I've wanted to apply but there's non available in any immediate hospital within my city. There a lot at a village hospital 13miles away but I don't think its realistic to go that far.

(well technically seven one wasn't actually titled hca but the work looked exactly the same)

theres been a few in my actual city but others i've applied for have been in the surrounding area, like 40 minutes away, which probably wouldn't have been realistic anyway because of petrol and wages not being worth it
Reply 3424
Original post by areyousure?
Hey guys!

Original post by atomos

As long as you are using the job description and applicant profile thing, then you will get something eventually. I was rejected for probably more than 8 jobs before I got my first interview, and then the job offer after that, so don't give up hope.
Reply 3425
It's getting sooo close to the deadline and I feel like I haven't done that much to add to last year. I have an extra week of work experience and worked at a summer scheme for children with disabilites. That's it... No extra voluntary work and I still haven't had the chance to work with the elderly. Any ideas what I can do?
Original post by atomos

I just got 2 rejections today so I was just worried. Glad to hear, I am not alone though. We just have to keep trying :wink: Keep me updated though !

Original post by twelve
As long as you are using the job description and applicant profile thing, then you will get something eventually. I was rejected for probably more than 8 jobs before I got my first interview, and then the job offer after that, so don't give up hope.

oh okay okay ! I just wanted to know if it was normal to get rejections. I should just continue to apply :biggrin:
Thanks
Reply 3427
Original post by Braddd
It's getting sooo close to the deadline and I feel like I haven't done that much to add to last year. I have an extra week of work experience and worked at a summer scheme for children with disabilites. That's it... No extra voluntary work and I still haven't had the chance to work with the elderly. Any ideas what I can do?

Its not necessarily that you need more work experience, its just that you need to reflect better on the stuff you have done :smile: So have a serious think about what it was that let you down - was it that you hadn't done enough? Or was it that you didn't write enough about it, or write well enough about it?
**** this ****. :sigh:
Original post by futuredoc77
**** this ****. :sigh:

'sup?
so last year i had loads of extra curriculars.....but the problem is they were all to do with my school, like different clubs, committees, prefect etc etc but this year i have like none because obviously im not at school anymore. is this gonna be a problem or is it still fine to mention various stuff i did while at school?
Original post by joemullally
'sup?

Depression is what's up. :nopity:

Spoiler

Depression is what's up. :nopity:

Spoiler

Futie, you is back blood.

Add me on Facebook

How you been?
Reply 3433
They need more Med Schools in this country :sigh:
HELP ME FELLOW REAPPLICANTS.
I'm finally pulling myself together and am redrafting my personal statement (which is ****ing hard) are people using the whole reapplicant thing as a main focus for it? or should i subtly mention it, so i look committed but not make them question why i didn't get in first time...

PS: the UKCAT, how's everyone feeling about that? :/
Original post by superG123
HELP ME FELLOW REAPPLICANTS.
I'm finally pulling myself together and am redrafting my personal statement (which is ****ing hard) are people using the whole reapplicant thing as a main focus for it? or should i subtly mention it, so i look committed but not make them question why i didn't get in first time...

PS: the UKCAT, how's everyone feeling about that? :/

as far as im aware they arent gonna penalise you for not getting in the first time, they know you are reapplying and you are in no worse off position than a first timer, maybe better as you have achieved your AAA already
Original post by firestar101
Futie, you is back blood.

Add me on Facebook

How you been?

When did I leave? :K:

I don't know who you are on facebook. :nothing:

Depressed is how I've been... to get straight to the point. :bigsmile:

What have you decided to do with your life?

Original post by poiuy11
They need more Med Schools in this country :sigh:

Then there will be too many doctors and not enough jobs. :nopity:
Reply 3437
When did I leave? :K:

I don't know who you are on facebook. :nothing:

Depressed is how I've been... to get straight to the point. :bigsmile:

What have you decided to do with your life?

Then there will be too many doctors and not enough jobs. :nopity:

England needs to be a bigger country. :nopity:
:colone:
Original post by poiuy11
England needs to be a bigger country. :nopity:
:colone:

Lets invade France. :ahee:
Original post by bertstare
as far as im aware they arent gonna penalise you for not getting in the first time, they know you are reapplying and you are in no worse off position than a first timer, maybe better as you have achieved your AAA already

That's reassuring thank you, how's your application going? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending