The Student Room Group

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance!

Scroll to see replies

Yeah but did you see elbow too? They were terrible. The crowd was bored, talking and the lead singer with all his ****ing arm waving was terrible. I was really disappointed with Elbow. Also, muse festival crowds are terrible. In fact, I don't like festival crowds at all really...
Original post by hothedgehog
Yeah but did you see elbow too? They were terrible. The crowd was bored, talking and the lead singer with all his ****ing arm waving was terrible. I was really disappointed with Elbow. Also, muse festival crowds are terrible. In fact, I don't like festival crowds at all really...

I went and saw the Streets in the NME tent instead, who were really good. Mike Skinner was shouting "You look like you've been rocking for daysss, you need a little sleep" and made us all get down low on the floor then when the beat kicked in we all jumped up and the tent went crazy.

A good example is Green Day - I loathe their music with a passion, but you can't deny they're amazing with crowd interactions, they got sing alongs, circle pits, conga lines, people coming on stage, improv, jokes, arm waving.

Fack off, Elbow were BRILLIANT :redface:

Agreed with the rubbishness of festival crowds, though.

I've only seen Elbow once. This was supporting Muse on the Absolution tour in Dec 2003 and they were awful. SO SO bad. Really really boring. Then when Muse got to the stage it was the most magical experience of my life

Take that back!!

:tongue:
I'm not taking any of my elbow hate back so :tongue:
Original post by OMGWTFBBQ
Very miffed at the BBC!!

Was looking forward to OoS and then they cut more than half the album!!

Wasn't the BBC that cut it; Muse didn't allow them to show all of it. Feel free to be annoyed at the BBC for the poor sound quality during Hysteria and the poor directing throughout though!
Being honest, Muse isn't really that good. It just seems like a copypasta of Radiohead. A bit of a shame really...
Original post by DarylDonnes

Being honest, Muse isn't really that good. It just seems like a copypasta of Radiohead. A bit of a shame really...

trollololllolll
Original post by normalothercitrusfruit

Wasn't the BBC that cut it; Muse didn't allow them to show all of it. Feel free to be annoyed at the BBC for the poor sound quality during Hysteria and the poor directing throughout though!

They didn't? Why on earth not, that's a bit **** Matthew!
Reply 6030

The only thing in common nowadays between the two is that they both released piss-poor efforts as their latest albums.

I've seen Muse live in 2006 and the setlist was pretty great (Muscle Museum :colone:), I've never seen Radiohead live but I'd rather see Muse again than see Radiohead.

This is coming from someone who loves Radiohead too.
Original post by Betacra
The only thing in common nowadays between the two is that they both released piss-poor efforts as their latest albums.

I've seen Muse live in 2006 and the setlist was pretty great (Muscle Museum :colone:), I've never seen Radiohead live but I'd rather see Muse again than see Radiohead.

This is coming from someone who loves Radiohead too.

TKoL is mint bruv, innit :judge:
Original post by Stray_talk
They didn't? Why on earth not, that's a bit **** Matthew!

Either A) to release as a dvd in the future; B) to reward the people who'd actually got tickets with a special setlist or C) because they weren't confident with all of OoS so didn't want it broadcast in case it went wrong.

Those comparisons ended about 10 years ago
Reply 6034
Original post by museobsessed
I've only seen Elbow once. This was supporting Muse on the Absolution tour in Dec 2003 and they were awful. SO SO bad. Really really boring. Then when Muse got to the stage it was the most magical experience of my life

Well couldn't disagree more, but I'm guessing the reason you found them boring is cause you're more into muse kind of stuff than much quieter bands like elbow, you've been overly harsh really just because they didn't give you music to rock out to like muse do, they're not that kind of band, watching Elbow can be a magical experience too (they have been for me) in a different way, just not if you're in a moshing or going crazy mood.

Though I've no idea why Elbow would ever support or play before muse, bad decision by whoever made that one, I'm not surprised in the slightest that muse fans wouldn't be interested in them.
Original post by Olie

Original post by OMGWTFBBQ

Original post by Stray_talk

Following a complaint to the BBC, this is their response (to the issue of songs shown, not sound quality):

When the band first conceived the idea of performing the album 'Origin of Symmetry' at the festival, it was purely for the audience at the festival and not for a wider audience on television. We were delighted to subsequently agree with them to broadcasting three songs from that part of the performance, but unfortunately the BBC couldn't air any more contractually.

In total we did broadcast around 75 minutes of the whole performance, which I am sure you will agree was an amazing show.

I appreciate it can be disappointing and frustrating when you don't get the whole of a show you were looking forward to but we have to respect the wishes of the band in these cases.

This response came from Alison Howe, Executive Producer for BBC Music Entertainment. Just my theory; but the word contractually implies this was a Warner decision. Can't really tell how much of a say Muse themselves actually got in this though.
(edited 12 years ago)
I agree, probably a warner thing... it just seems too lame for muse to say - if they're not happy with performing it to a crowd why would they not be happy with having it released to the wider audience... oh well...
Original post by chrisbontnewydd
Following a complaint to the BBC, this is their response (to the issue of songs shown, not sound quality):

This response came from Alison Howe, Executive Producer for BBC Music Entertainment. Just my theory; but the word contractually implies this was a Warner decision. Can't really tell how much of a say Muse themselves actually got in this though.

Thanks very much.

So glad I went in that case; was an amazing show. Hopefully the positive response will encourage warners to release a dvd or something
Reply 6038
Thanks very much.

So glad I went in that case; was an amazing show. Hopefully the positive response will encourage warners to release a dvd or something

With hullabaloo from OoS, Glasto 2004 from Absolution and HAARP from BH&R times, there almost certain will be a dvd of TR with probably a bit form the arena tour, the stadium shows and OoS from R&L or a completely separate dvd completely. :smile:
Just watched the broadcast of Reading earlier, and man I'm really disappointed. I was looking forward to a concert dedicated to OoS, and they only showed 3 songs, what a disgrace. Whoever made that decision should be ****ing ashamed of themselves. I actually felt my heart drop when I heard the KoC intro; I thought there would be more.

I don't know whether it was the disappointment of OoS or what, but it felt like a really weak performance (for Muse). Which makes me wonder whether I've missed Muse in their prime, as I've yet to see them live. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest